TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Unholy Vivid Innocence (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 16-12-2009)

Hrm... I am unfortunately stuck at the very beginning.

Here's what I've done so far: Killed the haunt in the room left of the first room, hit the lever in there to open the door in the right room. Back to the entrance to open the secret treasure room real quick, empty it, and then over to kill the haunt in the right room, read the book and get the new objectives. I hit the "waterless fountain" with a water arrow, then went down the new ladder and dispatched the haunt there and that's pretty much it, aside from grabbing the other loot.

The statue/"flameless fire" room seems to be a dead end, as does the medallion room, the death fog, and the guardian rooms (with no flashbombs yet). The clues don't seem to be helping my brain head in the right direction. How do I progress?

Check the room with a lot of debris and rockfall.

Hmm... ok I finally figured it out. What I really had to do was put my spacial relations skills to the test sans map and spend a couple minutes in the medallion room (medallion in hand). I would never have guessed that those two rooms were connected via the grate. That one was a little farther outside the box than I was expecting.

I really like the "black and white" texturing, btw! Hopefully I fare better with future puzzles. Back I go!

This fan mission is great.
    spoiler:
    I liked jumping after the gold, and looking for other pieces of the golden skeleton(i found 3 so far). I liked the puzzles. Oh, well...it's all good.

Ooh, that was annoying... A required key was stuck to a haunt. Problem was that because they have an invisible lower portion, I could not see it. DOH!!!

And are the 'discraced' skeletons based on the maw's eyeball flower?

Also, I noticed one of them, the middle left one, is susceptible to a flash bomb. Is there a use for the last flash bomb or is it something we can play with?

Quote Originally Posted by Forje View Post
    Back to the entrance to open the secret treasure room
    wait, there's a treasure room by the entrance? how do I open it?

Master Builder 2018
    Go all the way back to the entrance where the mission started. You will hear a stone door opening. Run back to the room on the left and just as you enter there is a door open on the left. You have to be quick because it closes fairly quickly.
    Last edited by Tannar; 17th Dec 2009 at 13:34. Reason: correction

thank you, Tannar, I will try that in a minute - for now, I'm in the room with the magic wand and wondering if I'm supposed to be able to crawl through that opening? it's too high up to crouch through, and too low to mantle

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    thank you, Tannar, I will try that in a minute - for now, I'm in the room with the magic wand and wondering if I'm supposed to be able to crawl through that opening? it's too high up to crouch through, and too low to mantle
    Got any potions or holy water? You need 2-3. Stand next to it, look directly down and press R to drop an item, quickly jump before the item has a chance to hit the floor. If done right you will be slightly higher.

Or you can always find a crate to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Got any items to drop?
    Or you can always find a crate to use.
    I know the exploit, but I'm usually terrible at it - this time it worked. there's a crate to use, though? for curiosity's sake, where at (I don't remember any)?

I'm in the Hypostyle right now, trying to get the statue to move. Eigenface mentioned a symbol to frob, but I can't find one.
    thank you Kabatta! big hint: same area as the golden bone.

before I run out and finish the mission, I want to find the rest of the bones; I have the arms, any hints for the rest?

interesting event: on my way to destroy the Keeper's diary, a speed potion appeared in the passage between the catafalque and the white lava. used it, failed the jump, reloaded, and it was gone.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 17th Dec 2009 at 04:25.

Mr Munkeepants: Bones - there are 2 hidden rooms near the start. Also read Gaspar's journal carefully. And yes, there is a crate.

I recommend everyone to try to complete the optional objectives - there is a lot of good stuff and interesting gameplay involved.
    Last edited by ffox; 17th Dec 2009 at 05:57.

Yay! Finished with all objectives done!

I had to leg it right to get the last of it. I ought to ring Haplo's neck for that.

spoiler:
    I do wonder where is the left leg. And the hole at the right of the bridge is obsessing me. Nevermind the hole, i found it's reason.
    Last edited by kabatta; 17th Dec 2009 at 07:08.

kabatta: Read Tannar's post above. (It's the room to the north, not to the right.) It's somewhere in the secret room.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Read Tannar's post above. (It's the room to the north, not to the right.)
    Oops. Fixed.

unholy vivid innocence

what am i supposed to do to get to the bridge area, i know i am not supposed to frob the switch from this side, am i missing a switch somewhere,if so where, i have checked the medalion room cant find one there, please help me.

doug, have you gotten the medallion out of its room yet? if so, there is another Keeper statue that wants it
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 17th Dec 2009 at 18:12.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    what am i supposed to do to get to the bridge area, i know i am not supposed to frob the switch from this side, am i missing a switch somewhere,if so where, i have checked the medalion room cant find one there, please help me.
    That was the same problem I was having, I believe.

-- Go back to the medallion room and pick it up.

-- Consider what you might be able to do with it other than take it back up the ladder.

-- And if that's not enough, remember that the clue advises you to drop the medallion. Where should you drop it? Focus on finding a possibly advantageous place on the floor to drop it.

I need help - where's the keeper's diary? The one I have to destroy.

Guys,

Depending on the version you are playing, there might be one or two doors that could be opened by frobbing the lever from the other side. Please do not do so. Doing this will break the logic of the mission; although you still will be able to finish it, you will bypass some puzzles and miss the full game play experience.

I will try to upload another version, and ask the mirrors to update too. It might take a couple of days though.

Sorry about this.

Running round in circles at the moment. It's started promisingly, but can't find a way to progress. Thus far I have

Found Gaspar
    Got the purple gem
    Found the magic torch room
    Found a secret door near the fountain without water

So how do I?

Find the blue gem?
    Open the cemetary gate?
    Open the gate on the same level as the aforementioned gate, just the other side of the blocked one?
    Open the secret door by the fountain?
    A clue for the tree?
    Find something to ignite a fire?

One or two would be helpful. I'm not after a complete walkthrough, just a where to go next.

There's a cobweb over the small bridge, there's something in it you can use.

@Arondil: As Malleus said. And there is a hint about what to do with that item, it is in Roland's diary right at the beginning.

@Malleus: There is a locked door you have left behind. Go back and find it.
    Hint 2: In the Hall of the Disgraced.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    @Malleus: ...
    Hint 2: In the Hall of the Disgraced.
    Thanks, I never even noticed that door - I rushed through that room, grabbed the jewel and ran away with the haunts behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Guys,

Depending on the version you are playing, there might be one or two doors that could be opened by frobbing the lever from the other side. Please do not do so. Doing this will break the logic of the mission; although you still will be able to finish it, you will bypass some puzzles and miss the full game play experience.

I will try to upload another version, and ask the mirrors to update too. It might take a couple of days though.

Sorry about this.
    Uhm, I guess I did it wrong too. I shot a rope arrow into the bridge through the hole in the wall and then went down the ladder into the water and climbed my rope.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast