TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Unholy Vivid Innocence (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 16-12-2009)

I've really enjoyed this mission so far, but I got completely stuck. From what I've read, it seems I have to break some game mechanics to continue. I'm a bit disappointed and it looks like I'll have to leave this one unfinished. Beautiful mission though.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I am really enjoying this mission,I just need a nudgeI need a spoiler for a crate..there is a hole in the wall in the Wand room and I cant get through the hole...and I am convinced this is the next path..I have no bodies up here,I left them down in the bottom by gaspar,and there is nothing up here to use to help me climb in...I only have the scepter door to open..have done all other things

I have the drill,wax impression,got the blade and blue/purple gems,destroyed the journal opened the graveyard etc
    Hint 1: Go to the timed secret door and explore it a bit more
    Hint 2: Check the plaques
    Hint 3: Treat the plaques as banners

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    I've really enjoyed this mission so far, but I got completely stuck. From what I've read, it seems I have to break some game mechanics to continue. I'm a bit disappointed and it looks like I'll have to leave this one unfinished. Beautiful mission though.
    Nope. You won't need to break anything to continue. Tell us where you are stuck and we will help you.

I need (well, want at least) the drill bit - is there another way down?

Hi I've been playing this mission all day. I really love this puzzle solving style, with secrets packed into everything.

I'm just missing the scepter and this secret scroll. I have pressed the glyph in the secret room off the room with all the haunts and blade. What does this open up? I haven't managed to find any new secret opening. I'd guess you could make a key with the wax impression just don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    I need (well, want at least) the drill bit - is there another way down?
    On easy, there is a slow-fall potion.
    On the other two difficulties, you need to use a body to get down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulie View Post
    Hi I've been playing this mission all day. I really love this puzzle solving style, with secrets packed into everything.

I'm just missing the scepter and this secret scroll. I have pressed the glyph in the secret room off the room with all the haunts and blade. What does this open up? I haven't managed to find any new secret opening. I'd guess you could make a key with the wax impression just don't know how.
    Take a look at the statues in the blade room

[QUOTE=Haplo;1945783]Hint 1: Go to the timed secret door and explore it a bit more
    Hint 2: Check the plaques
    Hint 3: Treat the plaques as banners

Thanks!....Doh!...dont know how I missed that one,I have merrily bashed everything else to bits,but it was the one that got away!..lol

I also guessedwhat to do with the thankful skelly...I was just missing the one key and that had to be it,and I couldnt drop or present the wax joberator,so I had one arrow left,and it bloody worked!

now for the scroll...and the lava....tell me is there a certain criterion for the scroll part.I have all objs completed,so should I be able to get over there?,or is it just if certain things happen at the right time?

I downloaded the new version and played again, completing every objective. My question is where is the speed potion? It was on a coffin in the lamentation area before I think. But now its nowhere to be found. So where is it? Any help appreciated!

Theres only 1 statue in blade room, right? For me that was already open before I found the secret room and the glyph, maybe a glitch. Really don't know what to do for the scepter!

Scepter...1you need the key from the skelly
    2give him a wash
    3give him a holy wash

Oh well, since I started this whole secret scroll madness, I might as well give some clues. The clue is in what Manu told Gaspar.

But don't sweat over it, the secret scroll is nothing special.

So Haplo does this mean your not going to tell me where the speed potion is?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    So Haplo does this mean your not going to tell me where the speed potion is?
    Since you seem way too keen, I sent you a PM. Let's see if others can work it out.
    And again I repeat, it is nothing special!

I pmed you back twice. I understand now that the first time I found it was a bug..lol Nice Secret!

Hmm I guess it's to do with the whole using holy water always gives a better result thing. The only time I remember using water instead of holy water is for the sword. So maybe using holy water here instead might trigger the speed potion. Or maybe you need to shoot some more skeletons. Haven't been able to try the first one :[
    Last edited by Soulie; 21st Dec 2009 at 21:59.

I actually went back into this mission after solving it, to search a few things out (something I rarely ever do). I only need the left arm and the speed potion (Stingm isn't the only one obsessed with getting over there).

I read about the left arm earlier in the thread, but I have scoured the room with the diagonal tombs and still can't find it...

Edit:Lol, nvm on the left arm. Now I just want to find out what's on the other side of that white lava. Where was that speed potion again? Oh, and any chance of a lootlist? I'm 1k short...
    Last edited by kamyk; 21st Dec 2009 at 23:02.

Wow, just wow.
    This mission was REFRESHINGLY spooky.

MORE PLEASE!

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    I read about the left arm earlier in the thread, but I have scoured the room with the diagonal tombs and still can't find it...
    I don't remember if it was the left arm that was in that room but there is a golden bone in a cobweb up in a corner near the ceiling.

Thanks. Got it right after I posted though. I still need the speed potion, and a little over/under 1k however...

Nightwalker & Freddy Fox made a very nice loot list for me. Kamyk, I have sent it to you. If any one else is interested, please contact me.

Yeah please tell me how to get the speed potion too. Thanks!

Having now solved this mission 100%, I'll share my thoughts.

While I found a number of the puzzles unintuitive, all that really did was keep sending me back here, and increase the playtime of this mission. As I wouldn't have minded this mission being longer anyway that pretty much makes it a non-issue. A lot of the puzzles were fairly straightforward, and I only didn't know where to go a few times. Really makes you look in some not so common places though, and provided a good challenge. A lot of loot was very deviously hidden, and one piece in particular gave my fear of heights a more than healthy workout.

While not visually breathtaking, it certainly wasn't dull either, and I never really got bored of wandering about (which is good since I did quite a bit of it). Good use of the theme of death all over the place. The atmosphere was great, and the ambients were a good choice, I think, and really added to things. One in particular, and where it was used really set me up for something I've been masochistically waiting for ever since playing the tail end of the Dark Zone in ANIR3. A race through cramped mazelike corridors, being hotly pursued by something dreadful. It didn't happen but I took that section very carefully just in case.

The guardians and the disgraced were a nice bit of technical wizardry, and I think the easter egg is totally worth getting, even if the author is downplaying it. As a side note, this mission kind of reminded me of diablo somehow.

All in all, I liked this mission enough to go back to it after solving it, which is something I almost never do, and I heartily agree with others who have said Haplo should definitely keep making missions, and a sequel would be more than welcome. For a short build mission this one certainly delivers, and promises geat things to come.

Can one restart the magic torches puzzle after having screwed it up once? Because I've tried both combinations, and nothing seems to happen.

Pfft! Who needs a taffing speed potion when you have a slowfall potion

Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Garrett View Post
    Can one restart the magic torches puzzle after having screwed it up once? Because I've tried both combinations, and nothing seems to happen.
    Unfortunately no. If you keep trying you will eventually end up with all of them off or on. Even if you end up with only one on, call it #1 and follow the hint.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast