TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Unholy Vivid Innocence (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 16-12-2009)

I just came back from a four-day trip and saw all the posts. Thanks guys for your continued interest. Might as well spill the beans on the easter egg:

Hint 1: The clue is in what Manu told Gaspar.
    Hint 2: He said holy water always works better than water.
    Outright spoiler: Instead of water, use holy water on the blade.

Help: How do I reset the magic torch room???

I lit some torches before I saw that a hint file gave the solution. So, now what to do, no save game before lighting the 1st torch, a reset method?????

I also can not find blade room, or item to solve fog room.

Thanks for any help!

PS: Great Mission, hope for the sequel!!!!

When you solve the torches the rest will follow.

I think you are in trouble - you may be able to work it out yourself but it's hard work. When you frob a torch you toggle it and its two neighbours. It will probably be quicker to go back to an earlier save.

congratulations!!!

Well, this was a magnificent mission!!!
    Thank you Haplo for your hard work, and thanks people for some hints that helped me completed it

did I break the mission

I have been into the room on the right with the dead thief, down the ladder with the medallion. the room on the left, along with the hidden jewel room with the trigger at the beginning. moved the switch, went intow the waterless fountain room shot it with water arrow. Went down the ladder there, retrieved themedallion by the floor grate. went into the room adjoining that and saw fog on the floor, but it didn't do anything, so went downstairs from there. retrieved the blade awakening the 3 haunts, jumped into the hidden room behind tapestry, frobbed the glyph, killed the haunts, took mask from behind the statue, can't get into the room at the top of the stairwell, went bac to the ladder room, into the adjacent room that has the hand in the box next to the red skeleton was only able to loot that place, couldn't open any doors in there. Went back up the ladder, into the room on the left, into the other room with a statue, frobbed it and retrieved some loot. Opened door with the medallion and statue. went into room with the bridges, been in some of those, three of them with flashbombs and loot. dropped down from the broken bridge through the corridor, killed the haunt. took everything from in there, don't recall what was in the spiderweb. dropped back down into the water up the ladder, went into beginning room, flashbombed the first red skeleton, looted the room behind him after killing the haunt in there. Haven't seen a key on any of the haunts I have come in contact with as of yet, and am now stuck. If someone could let me know if I went out of order, or what I need to do next I would really appreciate it. Sorry for the lengthy post, but thought it best if you knew what I had done so far.

This is very strange. Entering the fog room should have killed you. Apparently it didn't. You were supposed to disable it first.
    The logic of the mission is broken, but it is still possible to complete it. You can choose to continue, or to restart.
    In any case, what you are missing is on top of the bridge over the water, in a spider web.

In any case, what you are missing is on top of the bridge over the water, in a spider web.
    I can't even access that door.

Quote Originally Posted by tafferjim View Post
    I can't even access that door.
    Hint 1: In order to be able to get on the bridge, you need to do something before going in the water.

Hint 2:Go to the door, shoot a rope arrow to the bridge from the window on the left side.
    Then go back up the ladder, to the sanctum and down into the water. Climb the rope up to the bridge.

By the way, since you have not advanced that much, I recommend you to restart.

again, thanks for all the posts and help

Could someone please tell me where the keeper diary is? I have looked in both rubble rooms. I also need to know which skeleton is skelly, I have a haunt key and keeper bartlemius but have not found a skeleton with a key on it. I have washed the first skeleton and the one down the ladder in the room on the right. I need the purple stone, and need to know how to open the gate to the cemetery.

Could someone please tell me where the keeper diary is? I have looked in both rubble rooms. I also need to know which skeleton is skelly, I have a haunt key and keeper bartlemius but have not found a skeleton with a key on it. I have washed the first skeleton and the one down the ladder in the room on the right. I need the purple stone, and need to know how to open the gate to the cemetery.
    The skeleton with the key is on the ground at the very beginning.

For the rest of the stuff, it seems you have not been to Hall of the Disgraced yet.
    It is down the ladder in Sanctum of Lamentations.

I watered the skeleton at the beginning, didnt see a key

I watered the skeleton at the beginning, didnt see a key
    The skeleton fallen on the floor at the very beginning, next to the plaque that says "Gaze not upon the glory of the Unholy Guardians, or thou shalt certainly perish.". He is holding a key that can't be frobbed. If you hit him with a holy water arrow, he disappears and the key can be picked up.

Odd - I remember the skeleton you need to hit with a holy water arrow as being just inside the doorway to the room with the doors to the cemetary (perhaps my memory's worse than I thought?)

BTW, Haplo; that key has the best name I've seen in an FM

Your memory on this one is definitely faulty, Sticky Fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    BTW, Haplo; that key has the best name I've seen in an FM
    My favorite is still the 'smelly key' from T2X.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    The skeleton fallen on the floor at the very beginning, next to the plaque that says "Gaze not upon the glory of the Unholy Guardians, or thou shalt certainly perish.". He is holding a key that can't be frobbed. If you hit him with a holy water arrow, he disappears and the key can be picked up.
    I have run out of holy water - I think I used 2 very early on, when attacking Haunts. Am I stuck? I think I've been almost everywhere now - don't want to have to start again from the beginning!

Also, I found the lava, but when I went back to that room later on, it seemed to have disappeared - sealed off? Is that possible? [Edit: Me being stupid: I was looking in the wrong room. It was still around]
    Last edited by ianTF; 7th Jan 2010 at 13:45. Reason: answered own Q

The holy water is only needed for the optional objectives.
    Where are you stuck? What have you done so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    The holy water is only needed for the optional objectives.
    Where are you stuck? What have you done so far?
    I've only done 1 optional objective: Diamond drill

I've done all non-optional objectives except Grant keeper Batlamius' final wish. (I've cracked how to do the final objective too but obviously it won't count until I've done the other one.) [Edit: OK, now that I sorted out my "disappearing" room which I'd just misplaced (previous post), I was able to complete the objective!]
    Last edited by ianTF; 7th Jan 2010 at 13:48. Reason: answered my own Q

Excellent mission

So now I've "finished": thank you for such an excellent mission.
    And one more vote for you not retiring!!!

I just wish I hadn't wasted my Holy Water... but that's just a reason to replay, to make sure I get all the optional objectives - def. worth replaying.

Thanks Haplo for a fantastic puzzle mission! During the opening parts, I was thinking this might be one of the best puzzle missions ever - liked the out-of-the-box thinking with things like having to shoot a rope arrow from a different part of the map to progress elsewhere.

Some of the clues were pretty obtuse (especially finding the Keeper), but then again I have little patience for being stumped, so I probably wasn't bringing my full puzzle-solving skills to the equation.

waterless fountain

Ok, I've activated the waterless fountain with a water arrow but nothing happened. Is the door next to it supposed to open?Wonderful mission! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Ok, I've activated the waterless fountain with a water arrow but nothing happened. Is the door next to it supposed to open?Wonderful mission! Thanks.
    Hitting the fountain with an arrow moves the coffin in the adjacent room (the room with the dead thief in it).
    The door next to the fountain opens much later in the game.

bikerdude
    Ok

I've just started playing this, so..

Got the medallion
    Got the grateful dead key
    Watered the fountain
    Killed both the haunts on the first level

Can figure out the flamless puzzle or find the death talisman

Bikerdude, you need to find a place to use the medallion. You have to get farther along before you can find the talisman or solve the flameless puzzle.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Bikerdude, you need to find a place to use the medallion.
    Clue please..

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast