TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T1 FM: A Dark Secret (Das Dunkle Geheimnis) by Mayar (english version 12.02.2010)

Just finished!! I want to thank MAYAR!! this was a lot of fun I love the T1 experience wish there were more!

I had to look in Dromed to find the key under the bed.

I got the key under the bed and opened the safe but I still cant get into the room that says to be locked between 8 and morning?....have I missed yet another key where is that key to the locked door with the note by it?
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...

it is unlocked with a key called 'back door' that I got from the safe while random-frobbing.

Darn I am sure I frobbed that key...I am sure it was red...but none of the keys I have open it...will try reloading a previous save.
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...

Well I finished this nice mission. I only found 2 problems. The first time I picked up the masks, none went into inventory. This is a bug that I hope will be fixed as Yandros had the same problem. The other is the key under the bed. I had to check the thread for that. I hope this is fixed to as its unfair to expect the player to blind frob for a key that can't be seen and there are no hints that its even there.

But as I said, over all its a real nice mission. I do have 2 questions though.

1. Why was there no way to get out of the water by the bridge? I was hoping for atleast mantling.

2. Why was the bed in the safe room the only one you couldn't get on? Is this a dromed thing or do you make so its incased in an invisible box on purpose?

Thanks for the answers and I look forward to the authors future missions.

Oh and JonesCrusher there are 2 keys in that safe. I had to frob around a bit before I got it as it was hard to tell when it was highlighted.
    Last edited by Stingm; 14th Feb 2010 at 01:36. Reason: JonesCrusher

Hi Stigm!

Thanks for your nice Compliment!

To Questions 1:

I maked it so. i thought its easier to get to the Mansion. When i had a ladder to get out of the water, than "maybe" the player dont find the entry to the cave...or he dont search about it...that was in my mind!

to Question 2: Its that right? you ask why you dont can jump over the bed?

Maybe i had forget to fix the Collision or dimension of the bed....

Thanks forr playing it!

THe bug in the room of the mask-> I heqard trhat the first time! In my testphases i dont had this bug. Alls going well...maybe it comes from the translation-zip...mmh?

I got it, but... It's T1. Is it possible to install T1 with DDix and Widescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by quaker View Post
    I got it, but... It's T1. Is it possible to install T1 with DDix and Widescreen?
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Well I finished this nice mission. I only found 2 problems. The first time I picked up the masks, none went into inventory.
    You threw it away by accident, did you? Happened to me, too

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Well that explains why I threw it away too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayar View Post
    THe bug in the room of the mask-> I heqard trhat the first time! In my testphases i dont had this bug. Alls going well...maybe it comes from the translation-zip...mmh?
    Definitely not
    Neither Tannar nor I did touch the mission file with DromEd.

One small remark from me concerning the objective of gathering information about the mask's purpose:
    It would be best if scrolls / items like this can't be dropped once they are in the player's inventory, or make the goal irreversible.

But appart from that, I really enjoyed your mission. Oh ... and it was the first T1 mission I ever played, so it was a very good start. Thanks for 45 minutes of entertaining gameplay
    I'm looking forward to your next mission!

Clearinghouse
    intruder and Tannar, also Mayar's mission with German language only: Das Artefakt

Links bad?

I can't seem to get this one to download. Any else have a mirror for the english version?
    Thank you.

Thanks very much clearing!

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    intruder and Tannar, also Mayar's mission with German language only: Das Artefakt
    Reporting for duty Sir!
    But seriously, I will translate this FM as well.

I finished the mission - nice mission, reminiscent of the early T1 missions (and original T1 missions).

Question: Is there a key for the frobbable metal door on the west side of the courtyard - the first courtyard you enter after you the start the game? I missed that and about 500 loot.

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I finished the mission - nice mission, reminiscent of the early T1 missions (and original T1 missions).

Question: Is there a key for the frobbable metal door on the west side of the courtyard - the first courtyard you enter after you the start the game? I missed that and about 500 loot.

- prjames
    No, there is nothing behind that door.

I also thought this a real nice mission, & very reminiscient of many of the T1 OMs. Thanx, Mayar, & hope you keep designing!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Finished! I missed a whopping 1000 loot somewhere, though!
    Wow - now I don't feel so bad about coming up 468 short
    (Only thing I can think of is to go back & move - & smash? - every crate: otherwise, no idea where it could be...)

Beause the Loot:

Look at the Marktplace. Some torch has something beetween the Basement and 1.ET!

The rest is in the Zentrum of the 2.ET

Thanks very much for the Compliment and greetings to all

Mayar

Hint needed!

Can't find the crystal of destiny. I think I've been everywhere too.
    Oh, and thank you Mayar for a nice T1 FM. I do like to play them a lot!

bobber:

On the 2nd floor of the mansion, in the room with the safe in a wall:
    there is a secret entrance (behind a cabinet) leading to the crystal

Great Fun

I love those TDP missions and this one is really fun. Very authentic use of textures, architecture and story. I got nostalgic feelings of Lord Bafford while I was playing, it was a great feeling. Not too difficult but not too easy. Enough loot to keep interested. A few hard parts, but overall, I really liked it.

Thanks for a fun time and PLEASE make more TDP missions.

BBB

Hey Thanks BBB

Thanks for the nice Compliment!!

I had planned the mission a bit...before i was biuld the City etc. i have made a story. A littlebit planned or organized...By the Way: Thanks for playing it!

Do you know the Missions by Darkthief?

They are very good! Very good architecture and detailrichment...the new one called "Hand of Glory"!

A real good Mission!

Greets

Mayar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast