TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more FMs

No more FMs

I see 14 FMs released in January and not a single one in February???

jtr7
    I don't understand. FMs shouldn't be fast-food.

This thread's disrespectful of the authors and their hard work. And somebody always says this during a quiet period.

You've played all 800+ FMs? Well Done!!!

I don't mean disrespect. I was just curious if FM authors are on strike or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    I don't understand. FMs shouldn't be fast-food.
    Two burgers and one taco bell, please.

Just wait, maybe not February but all of you have one hell of a treat coming.

Classical Master 2008
    FM output is cyclical. People go for a December / Christmas release or if they miss that, January (since Christmastime allows for work to be done); after that, things quiet down for a while. Here is a chart I did for a similar thread for 2007 or 2008:

A lot of missions are being worked on, just look at the Editor's Guild and various preview threads.

I don't think it's disrespect, but some way to hurry the authors to finish fm's. Think this: do you want to wait a long time to play a new fm, which is very well made, scripted, etc., or a 5 days one with cubic architecture, badly rotating doors and the only behavior of AI's is AIpatrol and anything more?

While I respect authors and their own building times, I wonder that FM producing has slowed down since the fall of 2009, sadly. Just take a look - not too many FMs released since that, while if You think about 2008, that was one of the best years. Yes, I also know that FMs are not fast food, but everyone likes when the community and FM making are living heydays.

There are a lot of missions currently in testing, so a couple might be released by the end of the month.

I think Thief fans are really spoiled, this happens every time there's the slightest lull in FM releases. There's been around 10 releases per month for the last four months, I'd say that's pretty damn good for a 10 year old game. The only slowdown has been in the last two week, certainly no big deal. Patience taffers.

Or grab yourself a copy of dromed/flesh/dark radiant.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I think Thief fans are really spoiled, this happens every time there's the slightest lull in FM releases. There's been around 10 releases per month for the last four months, I'd say that's pretty damn good for a 10 year old game. The only slowdown has been in the last two week, certainly no big deal. Patience taffers.

Or grab yourself a copy of dromed/flesh/dark radiant.
    Yep.

Happy Valentineīs day to all

This slowdown is a good time to play some of the older FMs you havenīt played for awhile. I sort my Fms by date and just go to the oldest and play them again, and maybe write a comment or 2 about them of something that I didnīt notice the 1 time around.
    Keep up the good work you FM authors, love you all

Hey...Love story campaign would be great for this valentines night!

or phantasmagoria..depending on whether you love or hate your partner..

I know which one I am playing tonight then

cant stand mine!
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...

I can wait because I haven't hardly had a chance to play any FMs much lately.

jtr7
    I know it's flattering to FM-makers for the community to be addicted to FMs 'cause they're so fun and well-made, but there's something not right about not playing and enjoying them much again, and demanding more like a greedy child. Out of well over 700 FMs, none of them are good enough to revisit and pass the time while waiting?

d. Dec 2017
    Howdy!...I am re-playing a 2001, 2-part FM 2, by Belboz called "Shore Leave" and "Up S**t Creek".
    It's huge and interesting. Another excellent older one to play is "Timoteus" by Timon.

No new FM's gives me time to catch up on some good books, cook up a wicked meal for hubby, play outside with my dawg, visit friends and have a real life. Of course, I no longer have a salaried job; I'm a' kept woman', as my husband sez.

I can wait, taffer; I can wait....

Dawggon - actually those are only parts 2 & 3 of a 7-mission campaign "The Trickster's Gem Mine" (& 2 of those parts are sub-divided, so I guess that's really 9 parts!):-

1. Errand Boy, 2. Shore Leave, 3. Up S**t Creek, 4. Making Tracks. 5. The Trickster's Rift Gem Mine, 6. Elsewhere (Parallel Paradox), 7 Chasm Of The Lost, pts 1 & 2. Really recommend playing them all - this is one of the great series.

So maybe it's just as well you can wait...

d. Dec 2017
    You're right Sticky. I just downloaded Parts 2 & 3. Wheee...now there are more to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Dawggon - actually those are only parts 2 & 3 of a 7-mission campaign "The Trickster's Gem Mine"
    If only the campaign had been completed by belboz. -sigh-

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    I'm more afraid when the day will come that there will be no more players.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    I'm more afraid when the day will come that there will be no more players.......
    You'll always have at least one player!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    You'll always have at least one player!
    Make it two!

Its the lull that makes us appreciate FM's more.

Quote Originally Posted by quaker View Post
    I see 14 FMs released in January and not a single one in February???
    Where did you see that.I sure would like to have them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast