TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Azaran - You will only gain entrance to this cave when you found a secret area in the library in mission 1.
    Alright then...back to the beginning....

I'm in the 3rd mission, and have activated the fortress defences against the undead. Anyone know how I can go back to the Keeper without the stones?

serious bug

When I use the white stone in the air tower, I go to the air world, but then when I use it again, I get teleported inside a solid brush and fall forever, with the accompanying "hall of mirrors" glitch-vision. This is 100% repeatable, and is preventing me from continuing the mission - I can't get out of air world without getting stuck in limbo.
    Last edited by Eigenface; 1st Jun 2010 at 02:29. Reason: I've played through the mission up to this point twice, and I got stuck on this bug both times.

Azaran: Look at your map! Notice anything? Check that place out!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Azaran: Look at your map! Notice anything? Check that place out!
    Just found it, thanks.

Well, I finally finished this campaign . Absolutely mind blowing throughout, and really tough.
    I discovered a couple of things while playing (not sure if someone already posted them, but here it goes), a couple of hints for mission 2:

- You can use the magic torch to destroy zombies: while they're down, throw the torch at them to blow them to bits. For some reason, it doesn't work if they're standing or coming at you

- The earth elemental-beast can be destroyed by blackjacking it 3 or 4 times. Nothing else seems to work. I thought he was the only one that was indestructible, then I tried the blackjack and down he went

Great job Psymh. Keep 'em coming

Eigenface, where are you standing when you use the stone? Go back inside the tower and try again the air stone - this should work.

Azaran: Interesting to read, because I didn't know these two things.

Hopelessly stuck

I can't find the water talisman. I've flipped all four levers in the giant water room but I just can't find the opening that's supposed to be somewhere on the underwater column. Someone, please help. Someone. Please... arrgh, drowning... goodbye, cruel wo

Make sure that you have hit all switches and they are on. Then swim down to the bottom and look for the indentation. You can clearly see if the cave has opened or not. If so swim in, if not then check to make sure you have all switches turned on. Hope this helps!

Thank you, Stingm. I'll give it one more shot.

Mission 2

Ok. I am playing on expert, mission 2. Found the piramid, I have got the Mirrof of Return.
    I an't find the personal valuables of the bandits' chief and also there is a door in a back-alley with a coffin-shaped lock on the right which I can't open.

R_G - personal valueables: search upstairs in the haunted / abandoned town for a better-furnished room. Bigger hint: think bookshelves.
    I think the other item is laying around in one of those same buildings, but I wouldn't swear to that (been a while since I played it).

Thank you Sticky Fingers; found the valuables. I remember I had previously searched all the haunted house downstairs, so this time I couldn't find anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    R_G - personal valueables: search upstairs in the haunted / abandoned town for a better-furnished room. Bigger hint: think bookshelves.
    I think the other item is laying around in one of those same buildings, but I wouldn't swear to that (been a while since I played it).

R_G - just remembered about the coffin-shaped 'lock'; it's actually a letterbox. See this post.

Thanks again SF, I decided to restart mission 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    R_G - just remembered about the coffin-shaped 'lock'; it's actually a letterbox. See this post.

I have a small (I hope) problem. The Mike kindly pointed me in the right direction for the indentation in the graveyard for the tomb key in Mssion 2 but I thought he might be leading me up the graveyard path as I still couldn't find it! When I opened the mission in Dromed though it was there. Also there's a blue crystal thingy in the pyramid that is also there when opening in Dromed but not in game. There may/probably are others.

I've checked I have all the right scripts, files etc. and the objects folder looks OK. I thought it might just be the old occasional problem of having to copy and paste a file but I don't know which one if any might be related to objects.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

I realised last night that I wasn't very clear. I can see these objects if I play through Dromed but they aren't there if I play through Darkloader.

I'd really appreciate any help as I've been enjoying this immensely.
    Last edited by nickie; 8th Sep 2010 at 11:16.

Hopefully politely bumping! I'm still trying to find a solution to my problem. I've trawled through EdGuild but nothing seems relevant so I'm back here hoping very much that someone might have a thought about my missing objects.

I'd love to be able to carry on with these missions.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Hopefully politely bumping! I'm still trying to find a solution to my problem. I've trawled through EdGuild but nothing seems relevant so I'm back here hoping very much that someone might have a thought about my missing objects.

I'd love to be able to carry on with these missions.
    Nickie, as I see you are familiar in Dromed. So, open the mission in Dromed and find the respective object. Open its Properties and find a line there like this: "Shape - ModelName " following by a box with a file name. What you see in the box that's the object's filename from the mission Obj directory, a .bin file. Now just check your Thief 2 Obj directory with the FM installed, and check if that object (bin file) is there.

Hello nickie, sorry that my answer is late. Hm, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but it seems you are confused about the fact, that not all objects are present in all difficulties. For example the tomb key and the broken crystal are not available on Normal.
    So my question is: What difficulty are you playing?

Sensut, PsymH - thank you both so much! And you're quite right PsymH, I am playing on normal, but because I was so completely stuck I thought it must be because I was missing doing something with the tomb key. Having it in my inventory threw me.

Back to the drawing board then, there must be something somewhere that I'm not seeing or doing! Or maybe I'll just start over again on another level - it looks like I'm missing out on a lot more fun.

Thank you both again for your help.

Hey nickie, do you have internet again?

Hello me darlin' Sort of! I've moved to an official, legal, abode which means I have an official address which means I can join a library!! Which gives me computer access for up to an hour, 5 days a week. Yay! I'm still hoping to get my own personal wifi access fairly soon but at least for the moment I can actually get here occasionally. Can't download yet but they're upgrading the pcs at the end of the month so they'll take a memory stick. Getting all modern it seems. They might even upgrade to XP at the same time!

So has anyone written a walkthrough for this yet? I seem to be hopelessly stuck in this mission. I can't seem to find anything of use in the Pyramid and am feeling really thick as a result!

What's about the teleport device? Doesn't it work for you? See the note on the wall in the teleport device room.

About the walkthrough: As I wrote ealier I'm not very good in writing english texts. Maybe I should write a german one and someone translates it to english?

Aha! It's a while since I last tried to make progress but I seem to remember thinking I had to find some things first, to use with the teleporter or have something in my possession before being able to use it? Something like that anyway. Perhaps I'm trying to make things more complicated than they need be. I'll go back and have another look and try and engage my brain.

Thanks for the help PsymH. I'm sure someone would be willing to translate but they're a lot of work and it does seem to be just me who's being dense here.

I've just had a quick look through and see what I need to do but I'm going to start again on medium anyway. I don't want to miss out on anything.
    Last edited by nickie; 11th Sep 2010 at 05:52.

Lovely missions - or at least the first one, because I can't get past it and don't want to cheat.

I've been everywhere and done everything, and I'm 22 gold short on loot for the Expert requirement. Earlier on in this thread there's a short list of easily missable items, but I found all those and still need more! Is there a complete lootlist?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324 LastLast