TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

My notes for this mission say that you first have to put a letter into Kafee's letterbox (a coffin-shaped thing next to the door to Kafee's house). Kafee should then come out of his house and invite Garrett into the house. Once inside, Kafee should tell Garrett that some bandits have stolen some heirloom from him, and Garrett shall bring it back. Some information about the place where the heirloom is to be found should be in some kind of hideout or base.

The base turns out to be a group of houses on the lower part of a valley. Inside, there is some kind of readable (possibly a second letter) written by some guy named Sargon. Sargon stole that heirloom. Garrett has to bring this readable to Kafee, who should then babble something about the canyon and some cave or cache there that might now contain the heirloom. Now, Garrett has to travel there, find a lock and a secret door at the end of a path going along the river, and then wait. After a while, the bandits' boss should show up with the key.

Since there are two readables involved and some places where to wait and/or talk, I am not sure where exactly things didn't work for you as they should. Which of the events I described above did you see, and which ones did not happen? I only wrote down that several of the interactions with Kafee were not easy to trigger, thus one might end up standing next to Kafee who doesn't say a word and offers little more than a statue could do in these circumstances...

takes 2 missions to complete that objective with timed guy by cave in second part if you to slow you miss the guy and you would have to reload, cave was underwhelming from what i remember

That's exactly what i did Once Kafee said "go look for the bandits and hurry up" I saved and went there, nothing happens, looked everywhere. Right now, I'm gonna reload the save for the last time, go to the hideout, and will wait and see

I just tried to do the whole Kafee affair in mission 2, and everything worked fine. Looking into it in DromEd also gave me no clue as to what might be wrong for MayheM.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I just tried to do the whole Kafee affair in mission 2, and everything worked fine. Looking into it in DromEd also gave me no clue as to what might be wrong for MayheM.
    Thanks for testing. Maybe there's something wrong with my installation. I've read some posts saying it's just an additional side quest that doesn't change the story. Anyways, I already finished it and it's fantastic, atmospheric and memorable.

It's not limited to your installation. My old notes concerning this campaign mention such problems along the whole "Kafee side quest". Investigating these weird things did not yield much, unfortunately, so there's nothing that can be done about this at the moment.

Hm...
    First link is broken for me, and only downloads a zip file of 114bytes.
    Any ideas?

Thanks.

It's also at the Keep
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Doh.. Never mind!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526