TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 572

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Aw...aaaawwwwww . I think I stumbled upon a game-ending bug right near the end. I have completed the talisman objective and was putting them all into place at the front gate when I realised that the "earth" talisman disappeared from my inventory. I have no recent saves before I started placing the talismans so I think I'm screwed. Anyway, bug or no, I freaking loved this mission! I've never played Ultima Ratio, but I'm downloading it now.
    I also had this. Do I miss anything if I ctrl-alt-shift-end to the next mission?

  2. #52
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    I also had this. Do I miss anything if I ctrl-alt-shift-end to the next mission?
    Nope- the only thing preceding this is a the brief walk through a zombie filled canyon to a big wooden door. I have to admit...I was a little disappointed. I reloaded a save game from an hour earlier and replayed half the mission just so I could see what happens outside and then it turns out to be absolutely nothing. Of course, my disappointment didn't last long. I had NO idea that this was actually a three mission campaign until I finished what turned out to be part one. KICK...ASS.

  3. #53
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Yeah - for anyone shocked like The Mike was - this is a 3 mission campaign

    The second one is just as huge (if not bigger) than the first from what I've seen thus far.

  4. #54
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2007
    Location: Florida, Iceland in the summer
    I canīt find the red stone. Any hints please

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Sedlec Ossuary
    This campain is absolutly outstanding. The atmosphere especially of the second part is magnificent. Congratulation PsymH on your great work !!!

    Btw. does "Hynek Malik" mean something special ? It seems like name of author ("A Thief 2 fan misison by PsymH (M.H.)"). It sounds like czech name...

  6. #56
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    I canīt find the red stone. Any hints please
    Check the kitchen

  7. #57
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: 0x0x0
    I got the same bug as Mike did.

  8. #58
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    Just ctrl-shift-end out Sly, you're honestly not missing anything at that point.

    Mission 2 has been equally incredible so far! Of course, I'm stuck now. I got into the graveyard, but it only seems to lead me to three dead ends.
    1. A grave with an indentation below it.
    2. A large columned building with a locked and unpickable door.
    3. And finally, what looks like a large secret door near the end of the river canyon with a lockbox next to it which I, once again, can't pick. Also, the readme says something about a Thief in this area which I haven't seen yet (I haven't been on the opposite side of the canyon at this point, meaning, the side on the other end of the broken bridge)


    If anyone could point me vaguely in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

  9. #59
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: 0x0x0
    Actually I'm short on loot...needing 5000 on expert. I've got 4373. Then i remembered the
    spoiler:
    large gate in the basement area under the prison tower. I've tried all 24 possible combinations of the 4 levers but can't get the door open. Does this open in this mission?

  10. #60
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    I never figured out how to get into there either Sly, but here's some loot locations (which you need the mirror to find) that you may have missed:


    1. A golden bone in the corner of the sandpit combat stadium thing (first floor, north side of the complex)
    2. The dagger hidden in the wall alcove in the Thief leader's office.
    3. The blue gem in the hidden panel in the ceiling in the large circular tower (where you used the air crystal)
    4. The gold wine bottles in a secret compartment behind the bar (forgot where exactly, but the bar area is on the south side of the complex).
    5. In the chest located in the tower study where you used the ice crystal. In the real world it's empty, in the alternate one it has a coin purse in it.
    There was also another hidden area on the ceiling (similiar to number 3) where there were 4 more blue gems, but I completely forgot where that is.


    *Hopes that the laws of Karma dictate that someone will answer my questions now*

  11. #61
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Sedlec Ossuary
    SlyFoxx: the large gate could be opened with 4 levers, try all combinations and it'll open. Dont forget to press button for every combination !!!

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Texas
    I will restart and play again. I will post when I get back to the keeper.

  13. #63
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2007
    Location: Florida, Iceland in the summer
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Check the kitchen
    Maybe a little more hint, looked closely in both kitchens and still not finding it?

  14. #64
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Sedlec Ossuary
    Kittykat: I think you should look in some fireplace but not in any kitchen...

  15. #65
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    I never figured out how to get into there either Sly, but here's some loot locations (which you need the mirror to find) that you may have missed:


    1. A golden bone in the corner of the sandpit combat stadium thing (first floor, north side of the complex)
    2. The dagger hidden in the wall alcove in the Thief leader's office.
    3. The blue gem in the hidden panel in the ceiling in the large circular tower (where you used the air crystal)
    4. The gold wine bottles in a secret compartment behind the bar (forgot where exactly, but the bar area is on the south side of the complex).
    5. In the chest located in the tower study where you used the ice crystal. In the real world it's empty, in the alternate one it has a coin purse in it.
    There was also another hidden area on the ceiling (similiar to number 3) where there were 4 more blue gems, but I completely forgot where that is.


    *Hopes that the laws of Karma dictate that someone will answer my questions now*
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Actually I'm short on loot...needing 5000 on expert. I've got 4373. Then i remembered the
    spoiler:
    large gate in the basement area under the prison tower. I've tried all 24 possible combinations of the 4 levers but can't get the door open. Does this open in this mission?
    There are only 16 possible combinations for the lower vault.
    If you work clockwise from the top, you should get it on your twelfth try.

    Spoiler: It's
    Top: Outside
    Right: Outside
    Bottom: Inside.
    Left: Inside



    As for loot, have you used (or is that not possible?) the eye of revelation?
    Tried the crypt and start area?


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Mission 2 has been equally incredible so far! Of course, I'm stuck now. [SPOIL]I got into the graveyard, but it only seems to lead me to three dead ends.
    Read Larius's Journal again. Been to town? After the two burricks and spider, take the left hand side

  16. #66
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: California
    The Mike: About mission 2

    The grave with the indentation below it can be opened with a tomb key you can find on the upper floor of one of the ruined buildings just before the cemetary

  17. #67
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Kittykat: I think you should look in some fireplace but not in any kitchen...
    The fireplace/fire is in the kitchen with the servant, and the gem is under the boiling pot inside the fire. At least that's where I found it on Normal difficulty if I'm remembering right.

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    God, the puzzles in mission 2 are KILLING ME (not so much that I'm not enjoying myself though ).
    Anyway, I was doing great after finding the tomb key but I'm stuck once again.
    I've done everything in the pyramid and got the mirror of return...but I never figured out how to open that locked secret door in the river canyon! Help?

  19. #69
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    God, the puzzles in mission 2 are KILLING ME (not so much that I'm not enjoying myself though ).
    Anyway, I was doing great after finding the tomb key but I'm stuck once again.
    I've done everything in the pyramid and got the mirror of return...but I never figured out how to open that locked secret door in the river canyon! Help?
    If you never had a letter when you started this level, you won't get in.

  20. #70
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    ...This hint confuses me.
    Could I trouble you for a blunt answer? I'm obviously incredibly thick. Does it have something to do with the house in the opening town that has a mailbox attached to it? I never figured out what I was supposed to do there.
    Just so we're clear...is this area necessary to enter? I'm trying to finish the objective to find a personal belonging of the bandit's leader.

    EDIT:
    Nevermind, finished the objective that was giving me a problem. For anyone who was having the same problem, two hints:

    1. Abandoned bandit camp.
    2. The nicest room.
    Last edited by The Mike; 24th Feb 2010 at 21:48.

  21. #71
    d. Dec 2017
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Pacific Northwest
    Need help! After finding green stone in torture chamber, I "use" it and the only thing that happens is the room pales considerably. I thought it would transport me to the Keeper?


    This is a terrific FM and I really appreciate all the timer that went into making it. Many thanks!

  22. #72
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    ...This hint confuses me.
    Could I trouble you for a blunt answer? I'm obviously incredibly thick. Does it have something to do with the house in the opening town that has a mailbox attached to it? I never figured out what I was supposed to do there.
    Not unless you like to do 100% of all objectives. It's not really important but you will find out what happens to one character mentioned in the books.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Need help! After finding green stone in torture chamber, I "use" it and the only thing that happens is the room pales considerably. I thought it would transport me to the Keeper?
    Once that happens, did you try going outside?

  23. #73
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2005
    Location: Corn Country
    Thanks for the earlier hint...I've talked to the keeper, found the talisman of AIR, been to the basement of the prison tower and worked the switches to open the door and gather the loot. I still can't seem to enter the other part of the fortress and I still don't have the red stone,,,I assume it in the part I'm trying to get to...Please Help...

  24. #74
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    Just finished the campaign! Thanks a lot to everyone who gave me help...this one was a bit of a mind bender in a few places.
    Anyway, I'm ridiculously impressed. If I had written that "Top 10 FMs Ever" article a few weeks later, this one would have been on it. I honestly liked it that much! GAH, and a cliff hanger ending! I WANT MORE NAOW. But I suppose you can take a break from building FMs for awhile though PsymH, you earned it.

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Normally I'm in the batcave.
    Quote Originally Posted by yondanbrad View Post
    Thanks for the earlier hint...I've talked to the keeper, found the talisman of AIR, been to the basement of the prison tower and worked the switches to open the door and gather the loot. I still can't seem to enter the other part of the fortress and I still don't have the red stone,,,I assume it in the part I'm trying to get to...Please Help...
    If I'm remembering things right, the keeper hands you the key to the southern part of the fortress. Check your inventory for a red key, the door to use it on is in the tower where you used the green stone.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •