TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    [MrMunkeepants] - Do you have the green stone & Keeper's Journal? Use the stone to find Larius.
    no, in fact I didn't even realize that the "prison tower key" would open the door at the bottom. after that, I completed the mission.

a question about part 1, though: is there a way into the rooms marked with a "?"?
    and how did the archers get out onto their posts in the southern area? I didn't see a way out there.
    in part 2, I have the cemetery key, but don;t see a place to sue it...

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    a question about part 1, though: is there a way into the rooms marked with a "?"?
    and how did the archers get out onto their posts in the southern area? I didn't see a way out there.
    in part 2, I have the cemetery key, but don;t see a place to sue it...
    Rooms with ? you can get into in Part 2, but not 1.

No idea about the archers, i couldn't find anyway to get to them either.

Right, after you have exited the town from the gate with only 2 archers and jumped down the steps. Go towards your right where you find the big lake, then go left to the haunted ruins, keep going pass that and you find the gate to use the key

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    You mean the hint about checking libraries? I checked the ones in the temple and there's none elsewhere, still can't find anything to help me open it. LOL, perhaps someone could just give me the answer, i really would like to know what's in there. Thanks!
    I meant that you need something from level one to take with you to level 2.

Outright mega spoilerseseses...
    In level one, in the library is a hidden switch. It opens to a secret area containing something. Give it to someone.
    You then need to use that preciousssssss somewhere on level 2.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by thiefessa View Post
    This is a fantastic mission so far, but I think I'm victim of another bug? I don't see anyone else mentioning it.
    I've got to the last tower and retrieved the final talisman (air) using the white nexus stone, but as soon as I activate the gem to get back into normal reality again, the screen freezes. I've tried reloading at several earlier points but I'm getting the same result each time.

I hope there is salvation for me, I'd hate to not be able to complete this mission. Thank you.
    I think my cries for help have been buried due to the joy and merriment from all the lucky taffers here who are having fun playing this mission and experiencing no problems.

Please can anyone offer a solution to my 'bug'. I'd go ahead and skip level but for some reason the ctrl-alt-shift-end command doesn't work on my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    I meant that you need something from level one to take with you to level 2.

In level one, in the library is a hidden switch. It opens to a secret area containing something. Give it to someone.
    You're right it IS a pain to complete this objective, but in for a penny in for a pound! I've already worked out that the necklace is the heirloom, but i've searched the area behind the big waterfall got the nuggets but no necklace, searched the riverbed nothing, no entrances, also searched the area with 3 waterfalls nothing... could someone give me a clue, thanks.

Hmm, it should work thiefessa, yet it doesn't... try it again perhaps?

Rooms with ? you can get into in Part 2, but not 1.
    I think Part 3, not 2...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    If I'm remembering things right, the keeper hands you the key to the southern part of the fortress. Check your inventory for a red key, the door to use it on is in the tower where you used the green stone.
    Went back and checked with the Keeper in the prison tower and nothing happened...I also noticed that that objective isn't checked off. Any Help??

yondanbrad:

outright spoiler !!!

- climb to prison tower
    - use green stone (you are teleported to another dimension - the lights are off)
    - climb down and meet Keeper outside tower
    - Keeper gives you the Eye
    - use the Eye to find elemental stone near the Keeper; return to Keeper
    - Keeper gives you the key to the second part of fortress; the objective "Meet Keeper" is checked off now;
    - you can return back to tower and use green stone to teleport back; you can continue with fortress second part now...

Hope this helps...

damn.. searching all around the basement (part 1) for that blue nexus stone and can't find it.. i really must be overlooking something...

I'm looking for a blue crystal in the basement of the pyramid in part 2 and can't find it.

Great missions so far though!

Talking about ghosts......

.....how can it be that 2 savegames disappear suddenly, I don't have the quicksave anymore and the last save shuts the application down...........so I have to go back to an earlier save and waste nearly 1 hour game......

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMan View Post
    damn.. searching all around the basement (part 1) for that blue nexus stone and can't find it.. i really must be overlooking something...
    The location varies depending on difficulty. On normal they're in a swimming pool with some dead fish

I've discovered an bug playing on Expert on Level 2. I am trying to get into the cave with the lockbox outside where burricks patrol along the river. Apparently there should be a thief nearby, and he has the key to open it and inside that cave should be Kafee's heirloom. But there's no thief anywhere I believe TheMike also has the same problem too, so this must be a bug. Disappearing talisman and now thief!
    Last edited by shadows; 26th Feb 2010 at 10:16.

mmm.. it is in the bath.. that's pretty weird... storywise, the location is completey different to where it is stated to be.. and i can't quite see a local reason for it being moved by a character or someone so.. intresting...

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    You have to find a blue crystal, its in the basement of the pyramid, then plug that in the machine and push the pictures that are on the paper on the wall and then walk onto the rings and you should be teleported Hope that helps

OK so I'm not stupid. That's exactly what I did when I first got there.

EDIT:OK, I am that stupid. Two symbols are very similar...picked the wrong one! :

Move along you lookey loos...nothing to see here! :
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 26th Feb 2010 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    OK so I'm not stupid. That's exactly what I did when I first got there. Another bug found.
    But where is that crystal in the basement of the pyramid?

Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    But where is that crystal in the basement of the pyramid?

spoiler:
    It's in the back of one of the rooms...I think with the powder kegs...on the top of a shelf....right hand side of room as you enter.

BANNED
    Hmm, it should work thiefessa, yet it doesn't... try it again perhaps?
    Do you mean play the entire part of this first mission again? Only I have attempted to reload at earlier points, played through and once I have collected the air talisman and select white nexus stone, it freezes the screen. Happens every time, unfortunately. *sobs uncontrollably*

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    spoiler:
    It's in the back of one of the rooms...I think with the powder kegs...on the top of a shelf....right hand side of room as you enter.
    Thanks! I've now looked on top of all the shelves in every room there but still didn't see it. I'm playing on normal. Is the location of that crystal different on different difficulty levels?

Edit: Nevermind! It seems I didn't need to find that crystal on normal. The machine is already working... with the right symbols

So by reading all these posts I'm led to believe that the levels play much differently on different difficulties? If so I'm gonna have to replay all three missions.. I think there were parts of each level I could see but never even got to. Massive!

erm.. I'm wanding around part 2 and.. well.. I thought the 'Lens of Truth' was a bit of a refence but seeing the design of the main town.. the Hotel, the Milk Bar... I'm i the only one that wants to know where i can find some masks? ^_^

ManicMan is definitely on to something here, I KNEW that the town design seemed familiar for some reason! I knew the lens of revelation and the "Milk Bar" were Zelda references, but I didn't catch on to the town thing! Even the gates are in the same place they were in Majora's Mask- THAT...IS...AWESOME. I love that game, this mission just greatly increased in badassness.

But uh...you will have to excuse me...my nerd is showing.

@thiefessa: I'm very sorry that I have no idea what causes your problem and even worse, how I can help you

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    ManicMan is definitely on to something here, I KNEW that the town design seemed familiar for some reason! I knew the lens of revelation and the "Milk Bar" were Zelda references, but I didn't catch on to the town thing! Even the gates are in the same place they were in Majora's Mask- THAT...IS...AWESOME. I love that game, this mission just greatly increased in badassness.

But uh...you will have to excuse me...my nerd is showing.
    Also note the Curicity shop selling 'Moon-tear's ^_^

A book in the Pyamid talks about Sandworms... with the followers eyes glowing an eeiry Blue.. I wonder if it's from the oringal Book of the film version of Dune? (or the games, or the Mini-series, or the comics...)

I wont say about the rings cause that is too easy and not really a 'side note' ^_^
    Last edited by ManicMan; 26th Feb 2010 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Yes, I got the last thing and I should use it somewhere on level 2. But where ??? I tried post box but without result...

@PsymH...
    spoiler:
    On expert...I was able to open the door to the temple with the torch with the large stone key. It seemed odd at the time but I just played on. After getting the mirror I had another look around the graveyard and saw the large grave that accepts the stone key. That led me to the proper temple key...but it caused me at first to wonder where another temple was.

Also...I've not run into a Thief in the river canyon. I take it that stone wall/door with the lockbox is the hide-out I need to raid to complete the "take the bandit chiefs stuff" objective?

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast