TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

@slyfoxx:
    You mean, that the stone key opens the two temple doors with the torch? Whoops... You are right, this key should only open the big grave, under it is the real temple key.

Because of the bandid chief objective: No, go the place with the three houses. In the main house is a big sleeping room upstairs. Look there carefully.

The closed cave is part of a bonus quest. You need to meet Kafee first in the town, but only if you have Larius' letter from mission 1.

I hope that I can finish with the update in the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    @PsymH...
    spoiler:

Also...I've not run into a Thief in the river canyon. I take it that stone wall/door with the lockbox is the hide-out I need to raid to complete the "take the bandit chiefs stuff" objective?
    That's what I thought too, but actually you accomplish this objective in the abandoned compound where the bandits previously lived. Check on top of shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMan View Post
    I wont say about the rings cause that is too easy and not really a 'side note' ^_^
    What...rings? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Yes, I got the last thing and I should use it somewhere on level 2. But where ??? I tried post box but without result...
    spoiler...after you post it, walk away from the area, then Kafee will come running out to greet you

Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post
    @slyfoxx:
    You mean, that the stone key opens the two temple doors with the torch? Whoops... You are right, this key should only open the big grave, under it is the real temple key.
    Hmm. But on normal difficulty you cannot open the tomb to get the 'temple key', in fact there is no lock to open at all! I used the 'tomb key' to open the temple doors. But when i played on Expert, there is a lock to use the tomb key on and get the temple key. I had assumed you had designed it this way...
    Last edited by shadows; 26th Feb 2010 at 14:08.

@PsymH...OK cool!

Okay, completed this now so.. great work on PsymH's part, Great effects for the Rings.. I found a scroll that explained the Blue Nexus stone in the end so no problems with logically reasoning.

All in all, a good mission (Oh and the mountains and broken bridge part of Part 2 is also from TLOZ:MM too i believe ^_^) and i can't wait until the 4th part of this story

Good to hear

Anyway: I need a savegame with the disappeared talisman, otherwise it can be very difficult for me to fix this annoying bug

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    spoiler...after you post it, walk away from the area, then Kafee will come running out to greet you
    I'm confused now: Kafee speaks about recovering hand in hideout. I assume I'll get key to open cave entrance then. But I have got the hand before meet with Kaffe (when collecting 1000 for the woman in pub... what now ???

I love missions and campaigns like this with optional objectives, lots of secrets and areas that you may not even visit your first play through.

I also didn't know it was possible for items that you get in one mission to carry over to another mission! Hopefully a walkthrough will be written eventually - I feel like I'm missing alot of events and locations in these missions.

Great looking level with a really neat atmosphere. I am enjoying it very much.

I have a few things below that I do not really need an outright tell for, but hints would be helpful.

I am on Part 2 (expert) and cannot find keys to the coffin shaped lock box on a wooden shack like house in the small dusty town.
    Nor can I find the key to the lock box in the mountain wall on the river canyon guarded by 2 burricks.
    Also up past the cemetary there is what seems to be a locked tomb with Minoan columns; no key for this either.

Now I find out that I need something (a medallion, stone chunk, papers, and book about some familiar little pointy eared dude) from part 1 ( I did not get this previously and loaded a former save to find what was needed) in the library to complete a Part 2 goal? Do I absolutely need it to complete the level?

Am I going to have to go through all that dodging again from a previous save to have the necessary items to complete Part 2?

Also is there a sword anywhere on any of the chapters?

ok, I've about finished part 2... again, sorry if these have been asked already:
    *by the river with the broken bridge, there is a cave with a lock on it - how do I open that?
    *same river, at the top, there is a cave with mushrooms and diamonds and a passage that glows red - how do I get up there?
    *where do I use the stone "tomb key?"

MrMunkeepants:

*cave by river: the same problem for me and no answer in this thread
    *a passage that glows red: you will get there from the other side (if you solve the next point )
    *stone "tomb key": look in cemetery

Thanks Aspirin, the problem is solved for the temple key

Now I only have to figure out if what I mentioned previously concerning a certain objective from chapter 1 is absolutely required.

Is there any way to deactivate the 'Magic Torch' other than throwing aside?

I just found out the hard way it does not repel zombies; "Fy-ur-r-r Ba-a-a-d!!!" the zombie should have said deeply, but to no avail.

However, it does make you alot more visible.

Ok I'm stuck on mission 2, on expert.

I have the tomb key. Can't find the cemetery key. I have been to what looks like a city, and also to ruins which undead patrol. Can see another block of houses not very far from the ruins but they are too far below. I have a feeling I need the key to the cemetery in order to proceed, where is it?

Haplo:

cemetery key:
    have you visited the pub ? if not, do it. Speak with woman in pub !!!

the block of houses far below:
    you can go there, you should only find the way, I mean real way - look around...

Rooftop Climbing Guild - 2nd report:

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Haplo:

cemetery key:
    have you visited the pub ? if not, do it. Speak with woman in pub !!!
    I have been to the pub. The woman is blackjacked and currently snoozing. Have I broken the mission?!

Haplo,

I'm afraid you did...
    Do you have a save before pub ?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    I have been to the pub. The woman is blackjacked and currently snoozing. Have I broken the mission?!
    Hate to tell you Haplo, but yeah, you successfully slayed the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Hate to tell you Haplo, but yeah, you successfully slayed the mission.
    Well, that is bad design. If a conversation is necessary between the player and AI, it should not be possible to blackjack/kill the AI. I had no idea a conversation was about to take place, so I just jumped in the pub and blackjacked everyone so fast they never knew what hit them. Now I remember a clue given to me in the previous mission, but still. The AI should be immune to blackjack/weapons. The player should not be punished with a broken mission if he does not remember a clue at a certain time.

I don't have a save before the pub, but it doesn't matter, I opened my save game in DromEd and opened the gate. At least I don't have to restart.
    Last edited by Haplo; 26th Feb 2010 at 19:05.

I agree there should probably be a "Mission Failed" message after knocking out mission-critical characters. Maybe in the patch, along with a fix for that earth elemental bug that's been terrorizing everyone (and by everyone I mean me).

BANNED
    Just to share with you (in case anyone else experiences the same problem) that I sussed out the error with the last tower and white nexus stone (first part of mission). I was climbing all the way to the top of the tower - but this time I climbed only to the first floor and everything worked fine.

I'm a happy taffer again and back in business...

In that case, two more things to fix in the patch:

1. All the cuckoo clocks are backwards
    2. Picking up the body of the woman in the pub crashes Thief. It is missing a necessary PCX file.

An "advice" for all still playing mission 1 and succeeded in retreiving the air talisman using the white nexus stone:
    Don't fall / jump into the void using the slow-fall potion since you will land on the black ground and can't get back to the tower...you'll be trapped forever

Btw.:
    Does anybody else get bugs like this (happens on several locations for me):
    Last edited by intruder; 26th Feb 2010 at 20:03.

Awesome!!

To PsymH: This is one of the best missions I have ever had the pleasure in playing!! The story, the atmosphere, the puzzles are all at the top of my list!! Thank you for several hours of fun! I will be playig this one many more times!

The mission has some quirks yes - but saying that knocking out the person you are TOLD is important and that you are supposed to meet with is bad design inside a mission filled with more twists and turns and special effects than most missions we've ever seen is just silly I think. With the sheer size, scope and complexity of all three of these missions I'm shocked that the small bugs that have been found are as small as they are. The talisman disappearing is a bug that needs to be addressed - but if someone knocks out an important NPC that is vital its sort of a "your own fault" reload situation

I'm all about honesty when reviewing a mission but geez.
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 26th Feb 2010 at 20:28.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast