TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

I am playing on expert setting. Doing part 2. I have the cemetary key but would like to have a sword. Is there a sword?
    thank you.

The little bugs do not bother me too much. There is a lot of area in this FM to keep a track of.

As for knocking out the lady thief Bee , I decided to give it a try from a previous savegame, to see if it also crashed on mine. I picked her up, sure enough, it crashed the same as Haplo's.

It might not only do well to not have AI's not be able to get knocked out, but rather opt for an endgame movie if you K.O. a critical character.

Right now I am stuck on what to do with this magic torch, I have no idea what it is for, I am just wandering aimlessly with it; and all it ends up doing is giving me away to any enemy NPC. I either have to place it temporarily somewhere or stay far enough away not to be seen.
    Last edited by OldMeat; 26th Feb 2010 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    MrMunkeepants:
    *cave by river: the same problem for me and no answer in this thread
    *a passage that glows red: you will get there from the other side (if you solve the next point )
    *stone "tomb key": look in cemetery
    I don't see anything in the cemetary to use the tomb key on, though it did lock the temple doors for some reason.

I found a note at the bandits' old hideout about a stash by the river, presumably the one I asked about earlier. interesting that the interiors of those buildings have more light coming through the windows than there actually is outside - like the wall up against a cliff having bright shafts of light coming through.

what is all this talk about delivering things to the coffin maker? and needing to talk to a woman in the pub? I finished the mission (on normal) without doing either of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    The mission has some quirks yes - but saying that knocking out the person you are TOLD is important and that you are supposed to meet with is bad design inside a mission filled with more twists and turns and special effects than most missions we've ever seen is just silly I think. With the sheer size, scope and complexity of all three of these missions I'm shocked that the small bugs that have been found are as small as they are. The talisman disappearing is a bug that needs to be addressed - but if someone knocks out an important NPC that is vital its sort of a "your own fault" reload situation

I'm all about honesty when reviewing a mission but geez.
    Well I have to disagree with you.

Firstly, and not talking about this campaign specifically but in general, no matter how many twists and turns and special effects and technical wizbang a mission has, the first priority should always be the game play elements and the objectives. Good graphics and effect don't make a mission, game play does.
    Having a clock backwards is a small bug, but leaving the player in a dead-end situation is not.
    The more complex and non-linear the mission gets, the more care needs to be taken in this regard.

Secondly, and talking about this campaign, I was given the clue in the first mission. It took me over two hours to finish the first mission in a satisfactory way. Although I enjoyed it immensely, I had to take a break and call it a day. You can expect the player to finish a mission in one day, but not the whole campaign.
    When I picked it up again the next day I didn't remember all that I had read in the previous day. I went to the pub, and as there were guards there I jumped and quickly blackjacked all. There was no obvious path to go to the woman without being seen by the guards, I hadn't been given any indication that the guards were not hostile towards me, and last but not least, since I didn't immediately remember the clue from the previous mission I had no reason to try to sneak to the woman.
    All I said was that it is unfair to punish me so severely for not *immediately* remembering something I had read in the previous mission.

Finally, I'm glad you removed the final part of you post, because it was truly unfair.

All aside, I think this is an awesome mission which I find interesting, intriguing and rewarding. I have been enjoying it so far and I'm sure I will be enjoying it until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    I have the cemetary key but would like to have a sword. Is there a sword?
    thank you.
    I have gotten fairly far without one so far myself. It would have made a couple of things easier, but really I would have only needed a sword to use on breakable barriers, which so far I have only found 1.

A sword would only seem to work the above mentioned barriers and maybe some critters like burricks and spiders or any other destructable critters I do not know of.

A usable sword would be nice though.

I dont mind ghosting a mission without a sword. But I am the type to wipe out all undead etc.... Is there a sword in the mission.thanks
    Silent Warrior

I dont mind ghosting a mission without a sword. But I am the type to wipe out all undead etc.... Is there a sword in the mission.thanks
    Silent Warrior
    Oh, you mean a specialized undead zombie exploding 'Excalibur' type sword.

Yeah, I would want one of those too!

So I guess there are no plain simple sword in the mission. I could use this to knocked the zombies to the ground. Also to wacked the hell out of thses ghosts out of existence and to take care of the guardians later on.

Wow! Silent Warrior, you must like staying really busy with the sword in any undead mission.

Apparitions are easy enough if you catch them off guard.

But no matter how hard I try, I can maybe knock the zombies down, but many times they just keep getting back up. When there is more than one, it is even harder.

Hi OldMeat ITs easy to knockdown the zombies with sword. You do it from the back. then when they go down leave the area dont go near the zombie if you do it will get up. The apparitions is better then zombies. I use my sword in the back and keep hitting them they disapears in a cloud of smoke. Lesson over. I guess its safe to assume there is no sword in this mission.

Hi OldMeat ITs easy to knockdown the zombies with sword. You do it from the back. then when they go down leave the area dont go near the zombie if you do it will get up. The apparitions is better then zombies. I use my sword in the back and keep hitting them they disapears in a cloud of smoke. Lesson over. I guess its safe to assume there is no sword in this mission.
    You assumed right and you really don´t need it

I am in the lava area. but i need to jump on thes round stones. There is no way to make it. Is there any rope arrows anywhere? Thanks
    Never mind, found them.
    Last edited by Silent Warrior; 26th Feb 2010 at 23:28.

I have a question. The temple key in the lava area opens the temple. I have use a key to open a temple, where there is a flame. The key in the lava opens this temple. Or is there another temple? And what does this flame do? And where do I use it? thanks

Yes. After you get through the lava stones head back up through and past the cemetery and open the temple doors. In one of the chests there will be rope arrows.

I have a question. The temple key in the lava area opens the temple. I have use a key to open a temple, where there is a flame. The key in the lava opens this temple. Or is there another temple? And what does this flame do? And where do I use it? thanks
    You are about where I was, I have not figured out what to do with the torch yet, other than take it along, but you will need the rope arrows to cross the river at the broken bridge and do some tree and rock climbing. Save your games alot once you start climbing unless you are really good at figuring where to mantle.

I read a lot messages "what to do with the torch":
    Outright spoiler:
    - cross the river by broken bridge (you'll need rope arrow)
    - climb rock on the other side
    - you will see the pyramide and there you should use the torch

MrMunkeepants:
    - look for a tomb with lock at the base in the cemetery (its on the right side near rock wall when entering from haunted buildings)
    - use tomb key on the lock

OPTIONAL OBJECTIVE:
    Has anybody solved the task for man in small hut in the city (after giving him letter from 1st part)? He spoke about recovering something in hideout, some hand or what ? But I have got the hand from hideout yet - do I break mission ? This hand is part of another objective !!! I'm confused a lot...

@intruder: That's because the high-res ddfix feature. You can deactivate these textures by editing the ddfix.ini and setting Thief2Extensions to 0.

@Aspirin: No, it's a necklace. Kafee told you, where you can find it.

A small information: Because I'm home and not having a broadband connection there, I will only release the changed files. I hope the other FM hosters can finally update the main ZIP file.

And I repeat myself: The cave by the riverfalls is just a bonus objective. You don't need to enter it to finish the mission, even on expert. Okay?

small comment:
    If you are playing on expert, you DON'T need a sword. Thief is a sneaky game.. Hell, on Expert, you shouldn't even need a Blackjack! If you can't play Thief without a sword, either play a different game or play on an easyer mode..

¬_¬

Aspirin:
    Look at the foot-lockers. Someones notes are of interest to Kafee.

Also guys: The magic torch is magic.

Three throws at fallen zombies and they go BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!

Out of action for a bit, so...

bob_doe_nz - waaaaayy back on page 5 you helped me complete pt 1, & I never thanked you
    So.......Thanx

(Earth talisman disappeared for me too - just hope that thief's where he's supposed to be when I'm able to get back to this amazing mission pack)

@sticky: Have you still a savegame with the vanished talisman? I need it really immediate If not, any other from you players, please?

Thanks guys for all answers !!! Finally finished including bonus objective (that hidden stash was really improvement of my cash... ).

This was really outstanding, excellent mission !!! Thanks PsymH for your great work !!!

I have found the other way how to get over the "mountains" to the pyramide:

- the main big tunnel is blocked by stones so player should climb and go "over mountains"
    - if you climb the palm tree and jump onto the small ledge on the right you can go along the ledge and jump over the blocking stones into tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post
    @sticky: Have you still a savegame with the vanished talisman? I need it really immediate If not, any other from you players, please?
    PM sent (can't find your e-mail address).

Part 1 Got to the big wooden door- now what?

I placed the four talismen, opened the gate and scurried down to the next big door. Used my eye of revalation all around but cannot see how to open the big door. What is supposed to happen now?
    This is one heck of a beautiful mission!

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast