TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    I placed the four talismen, opened the gate and scurried down to the next big door. Used my eye of revalation all around but cannot see how to open the big door. What is supposed to happen now?
    This is one heck of a beautiful mission!
    Um...normally at that point you watch the "Mission Complete" screen, because you're done.
    If the mission isn't ending either you got a bug or you never finished the loot objective (just guessing on the second one).

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Um...normally at that point you watch the "Mission Complete" screen, because you're done.
    If the mission isn't ending either you got a bug or you never finished the loot objective (just guessing on the second one).
    Well, I have met the loot requirement. I do have an optional objective about invetigating a survivor or something which is not checked, no kills which is not checked, and to leave the fortress which is not checked. Should the last one be checked? Everything else is done.
    I guess it is a bug or something.
    Thanks anyway but I guess I have to force end this part of the mission.

It seems like a bug...

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    It seems like a bug...
    It might be. I went ahead and completed the optional objective by bringing the medallion back to the fellow I met earlier on. Upon completing this optional objective the mission ended perfectly when I approached the large door as before.
    Thanks for the help.
    Onward to the second part!

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    It might be. I went ahead and completed the optional objective by bringing the medallion back to the fellow I met earlier on. Upon completing this optional objective the mission ended perfectly when I approached the large door as before.
    Thanks for the help.
    Onward to the second part!
    The next point on my to-do list :P

By the way: Thanks for the savegames. Hopefully I can now eliminate the nasty earth talisman bug

In the bottom of the Pyramid's Basement are 2 apparitions, in one of the rooms are 2 red crystal arrows.

I picked up the 2 red arrows and put them away immediately, but now I can not get them back.

Is there any way to get these 2 arrows back into my weapons inventory? I am assuming they are for use against the apparitions.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    In the bottom of the Pyramid's Basement are 2 apparitions, in one of the rooms are 2 red crystal arrows.

I picked up the 2 red arrows and put them away immediately, but now I can not get them back.

Is there any way to get these 2 arrows back into my weapons inventory? I am assuming they are for use against the apparitions.
    Not exactly. They have an interesting effect. Not too useful but interesting anyhow. I think you cannot get them back if you put them away. Same thing I did and had to load a previous load to test them.

Manic I dont have a problem to play a mission without s sword. All I am saying that It would be nice so I could clean up everything around me so I dont to have to worry what's behind or back of me.

Having gotten an embarrassingly low number of secrets in part 1 (no, I'm not telling ) - & 1 of those I only got by frobbing through the obvious door - is anyone willing to give some hints? Or general guidelines even? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Having gotten an embarrassingly low number of secrets in part 1 (no, I'm not telling ) - & 1 of those I only got by frobbing through the obvious door - is anyone willing to give some hints? Or general guidelines even? Please?
    Use the eye to reveal the secrets

Secrets are quite equally distributed over the part 1 from beginning to end. Use the Eye and look everywhere. Its quite easy to find them when compare to other FMs...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 27th Feb 2010 at 15:13.

Just finished part1. Brilliant mission! All the best words you can say about it.
    Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!
    Very intertaining. This mission will go directly to my "Replay later" list
    I played part1 on Hard, 4 hours, found 5568 loot and only 2 secrets.
    The eye of revelation was so cool to use, and those nexus stones too.
    Thumbs up!

I used the green gem and the white gem but now I can't get to the other areas of the compound/castle in part one. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Not exactly. They have an interesting effect. Not too useful but interesting anyhow. I think you cannot get them back if you put them away. Same thing I did and had to load a previous load to test them.
    Using the next weapon key cycled through and brought them up for me whenever I needed them.

I'm in the tower where and used the red crystal to change dimensions. What I can't figure out is what I am supposed to do in this area. The other areas were pretty easy but this one doesn't make sense. Any clues would be helpful.

mxleader - if you're in the 'other dimension', use the eye of revelation - lean over the edges a bit - then look for switches

And thanx, Snakebite (ouch!) & Aspirin (aahhh) - still didn't get them all, but I'm gonna move on now.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 27th Feb 2010 at 18:36.

Thanks
    Last edited by mxleader; 27th Feb 2010 at 18:32.

Sticky Fingers:
    I have usually a big problem to find all secrets because (you know) you should look into every corner, search for small invisible switches, etc... very time consuming and annoying process.

But here with Eye its a very easy task: use Eye and go through all rooms and places - with Eye you can easily see all secrets.
    If you are still frustrated, let me know, I'll PM you the secrets list...

Almost there, but...the earth key seems to be absent. I've tricked the guardians into fighting each other, and mopped up the victorious flamers with water arrows. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Almost there, but...the earth key seems to be absent. I've tricked the guardians into fighting each other, and mopped up the victorious flamers with water arrows. Any thoughts?
    Had a look at the floors? Something odd about them?

I have all the elements except Earth, as well as the medallion. I'm not sure where to go from this point. I made my way over the wall into the other part of the compound instead of using a key for a door. I'm not sure this was the right way to get over or not. Clues please!

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I have all the elements except Earth, as well as the medallion.
    Remember where you first used the green crystal and met the Keeper who gave you the Talisman. Use the Talisman there and look around. It should have been your first element stone.

After this if all other requirements like loot are met you should be able to open the gate to get to the next level.

Got it, Bob, thanks. They look like part of the light stream that shines through the windows (on my monitor, anyway).

Done! Good stuff, PsymH.

Thanks. I think I have to restart the mission though, because I didn't get a key and now I am stuck. There is a corner of the compound that you can mantle up and over if you try hard enough. I think it was a mistake to do that.

I have the mirror and the 4 gold tablets.

Can I leave this area now? Is there anything else in this area I need?

Or am I suppose to make the Elemental Behemoths do something?

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast