TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: t2skies - Enhanced skies for Thief 2: The Metal Age

I recently downloaded the T2Skies mod as I thought it looked fantastic. I followed the install instructions to a T(hief) LOL but I'm having a problem.

The distant art is buggered up and the moving clouds and moon appear as boxes.

Screenshots:

First mission, example of naffed up distant art:

Life Of The Party, examples of clouds and moon:

I have a 512Mb ATI Radeon HD3670 graphics card, DirectX11, Windows 7 32-bit Home Edition. I have the latest ddfix installed, no FMs, no previous T2Moon or Stars mods or anything and am using the Thief2 Multiplayer exe.
    Last edited by Garras; 5th Jan 2011 at 09:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Garras View Post
    I recently downloaded the T2Skies mod as I thought it looked fantastic. I followed the install instructions to a T(hief) LOL but I'm having a problem.

The distant art is buggered up and the moving clouds and moon appear as boxes.

Screenshots:

First mission, example of naffed up distant art:

Life Of The Party, examples of clouds and moon:

I have a 512Mb ATI Radeon 345M graphics card, DirectX11, Windows 7 32-bit Home Edition. I have the latest ddfix installed, no FMs, no previous T2Moon or Stars mods or anything and am using the Thief2 Multiplayer exe.
    Hello Garras

I had the same trouble as you(Halo in the sky on the mission,Running interference).I started the mission on hard or expert can't remember which.But when i started playing no Halo in the sky!.Hope this helps.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by ladderman View Post
    Hello Garras

I had the same trouble as you(Halo in the sky on the mission,Running interference).I started the mission on hard or expert can't remember which.But when i started playing no Halo in the sky!.Hope this helps.

Colin
    No, tried it and it's still the same. Thanks for the tip anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by Garras View Post
    No, tried it and it's still the same. Thanks for the tip anyhow!
    Hello garras

I have just thought of something when i read your answer.When i installed this Enhanced skies for Thief 2,i installed some of the files to 2 locations.When i followed the proper installation path,the game was working properly.Maybe you have the same trouble with your installation?.Hope this helps.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by ladderman View Post
    Hello garras

I have just thought of something when i read your answer.When i installed this Enhanced skies for Thief 2,i installed some of the files to 2 locations.When i followed the proper installation path,the game was working properly.Maybe you have the same trouble with your installation?.Hope this helps.

Colin
    I don't know. I followed the install instructions very carefully, and re-read them again afterwards. I think the mod installed properly as you can see it IS taking effect in-game. It's just not displaying properly.

That's what it looks like when the replacement textures are not found. What's your TexturePath in ddfix.ini?

Quote Originally Posted by jermi View Post
    That's what it looks like when the replacement textures are not found. What's your TexturePath in ddfix.ini?
    TexturePath=C:\Games\Thief2\res\ddfix\

The t2skies folder is within that. I also tried...

TexturePath=C:\Games\Thief2\res\ddfix\t2skies\

And TextureReplacement=1?

Have you tried the exe from the sticky thread?

And TextureReplacement=1?

Have you tried the exe from the sticky thread?
    TextureReplacement=1, yes

What, the Tafferpatcher? No, no need for it... yet!?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    No, didn't see this one. Will try it when I have more time. Thanks.

bikerdude
    is there a fix foir the halo issue yet as I have just installed t2skiesd and I am getting the same issue. And if I enable texturepath=1 is screws around with the ntex textures...

It's TextureReplacement=1 and TexturePath=C:\Games\Thief2\res\ddfix (or something like that, depending on where you've installed the game). Also, try restarting the mission.

I still assume that the halo is usually due to incorrect installation. There may be some bug in ddfix that causes the halo, but even if there is, I haven't been able to find it.

Archivist
    Beautiful work on this, jermi! The new stars, clouds and moon look lovely .

But I'm having a few issues:
    1. The most serious: fog isn't working. Not in Life of the Party nor in Framed, Precious Cargo and Masks.
    Truth be told, fog wasn't already working with just DDFix installed, but I expected installing t2skies would solve it. But no luck.
    I checked all OMs with 'EnableLifeOfThePartyFogFix=1' and 'EnableLifeOfThePartyFogFix=0' but this doesn't make a difference. Everything works except fog. Only difference is that with 'EnableLifeOfThePartyFogFix=0' the stars in LotP are messed up.

Is it my video card (GeForce 7300 GT) or is something wrong with DDFix and or t2skies?
    Does someone know the problem and how this can be fixed? I've got DDFix 1.4.5 installed.

Haven't tried Winter Cat's fog fix but I don't see how this brings back fog in other missions besides LotP.

Here is my ddfix.ini overview (after installing t2skies):
    Code:
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ;XX            DDFix by SIO2           XX
    ;XX Commercial distribution prohibited XX
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[Main]
    ;Screen resolution
    ;Must be 800x600 or greater
    gWidth=1360
    gHeight=768

;Refresh rate. 0 is default, anything else to override.
    RefreshRate=0

;Set to 1 to fix the duel core related crash
    MultiCoreFix=1

;Set to 1 to automatically register lgvid.ax each time thief is started up
    VideoFix=1

;This can be set to zero to get a more accurate z-buffer
    ;Doesn't usually make a noticable difference to picture quality
    UseCompatibleZBuffer=1

;Turns on the 32 bit texture loader and adds support for some unsupported screen resolutions
    ;Will cause a crash if used with an unsupported exe
    ; 0 - Disable
    ; 1 - Determine exe automatically
    ; 2 - Thief 2 v1.18
    Thief2Extensions=1

;Set to 1 to disable the windows keys while thief is running
    DisableWindowsKey=0

;Set to 1 to enable anisotropic filtering
    AnisotropicFiltering=1

;If you want to share overriden textures between thief installations, uncomment the next line
    ;It should contain the absolute path to the equivilent of \res\ddfix, including the trailing \
    ;TexturePath=C:\Games\Thief2\res\ddfix\

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ;XX Compatibility settings XX
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

;Changes the way direct writes to the frontbuffer are handled
    ;SS2 players should set these options to '2' and '0xf81f' respectively
    ;Thief 2 players with corrupted in game text should use '2' and '0x0000'
    ;Players who experience slowdown with UseSysMemOverlay=2 should set both options to 0
    ;UseSysMemOverlay=2
    ;OverlayColourKey=0xf81f
    UseSysMemOverlay=0
    OverlayColourKey=0

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ;XX SIO2: Fog fixes XX
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

;General fix for all Thief2 missions that use fog.
    ;Default value is 1 (enabled) so all mission that use fog can benefit.
    EnableFogFix=1

;Special fog fixes for the Thief2 Original Mission "Life Of The Party".
    ;Enabling this for missions other than "Life Of The Party" may break other missions that use fog.
    ;Default value is 0 (disabled) because it breaks other fog missions (broken sky, etc)
    EnableLifeOfThePartyFogFix=1

TextureReplacement=1
    2. Starting Thief 2 after installing t2skies, and loading Running Interference on Normal difficult, brings a sky as seen here on Garras' first screen.
    Restarting the mission on Hard or Expert fixes this and the sky turns up ok.
    Can this be fixed so that everything works as it should right from the start, after installing the program or re-running t2skies.exe ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Your version of DDFix is quite old, get a newer version.

Latest version (released today) is here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2034125

Archivist
    According to t2skies.ini and the readme, ddfix 1.4.5 should do.

But I'll try a later version.

EDIT: never mind. It turns out Fogging wasn't enabled in the Thief menu . All is well now. Thanks for the advice anyway, NV.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 5th Dec 2010 at 14:32.

Zombified
    ..linking the fix for "Framed" to this thread for the sake of not getting it lost in the ddfix mega thread.

Probably a good idea, even though the t2skies package has been updated with that fix.

Zombified
    oh.ok,everything is fine then.

Amazing work! So easy to install and get working also. The OM look amazing.

bikerdude

Desktop Background

Hi Jermi

I would like to ask permission to use this image as the basis for a skybox background in TDM..? if you say yes can I also ask if you have any other wider versions, that would loop better..

Somehow missed your post until now, sorry. Permission granted. I don't have any better versions than these.

NewDark Mission with t2skies

I wonder if it'd be okay to include the entire t2skies into my mission? I have a .dml file for my fan mission that includes changes from t2skies, but if the player doesn't have t2skies then it won't work. Assuming the player already has t2skies doesn't seem like the best solution.

I've always included them. Not the entire package, but those parts I used. For players who (for some reason) avoided ddfix under Old Dark, I would include vanilla versions of the missions in an Xtras folder, with only a starry sky.

Thank you for your post.

I just realized I won't need to create anything extra though because NewDark doesn't require ddfix in order to have nice things.
    If they don't like the new sky they can just remove the t2skies stuff from the .dml file I made.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast