TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "3 Distinct Adventures v0.4" - final version (16/08/2011)

Difficulty: Easy

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Originally on easy difficulty there was a switch that made the invisible platforms accessible, now, I think you have to jump the pillars using the speed potions Did you see an AI walking in mid air ?

On my way back to the beginning....but can't find a way to get out of the fake lave???

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    look for a ladder, and a switch

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Originally on easy difficulty there was a switch that made the invisible platforms accessible, now, I think you have to jump the pillars using the speed potions Did you see an AI walking in mid air ?
    Yes, in fact I jumped with a potion of speed. I finished the mission 2!

Mission 3:

now I'm stuck, where the entrance of the Assassins' guild?

Ok I finished the third mission, what to say! big fm, my compliments to Cardia!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    look for a ladder, and a switch

I must be completely blind??? I can't see a ladder or a switch?...

Can anybody give me a little help ???....

Actually a lot of help...Can't find the ladder or the switch in the fake lava???

Master Builder 2018
    Have you already put the talisman in its place? Once you do that, the ladder should appear on the wall directly across from the underwater opening. Once you climb up the ladder, the switch is on the cave wall near where you entered this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Have you already put the talisman in its place? Once you do that, the ladder should appear on the wall directly across from the underwater opening. Once you climb up the ladder, the switch is on the cave wall near where you entered this area.
    Yeah... I have put the talisman in it's place, but no ladder??? Guess I'll go back to an earlier save and try it again.
    Thanks for your reply!!!

I've just finished this mission pack, and I want to say that I had a lot of fun playing all three. Thanks Pedro! I always enjoy your missions, which seem to have unique and impressive designs. Played this one in Expert. I have a few comments and a question about the music.

The puzzles in Mission 2 were pretty challenging. I needed to consult the spoilers 2-3 times. Particularly the one about the 7 differences. I spent two evenings on that one! Finally I had to look in the spoilers for the 14th location. Thanks for the spoilers.

The extra long jumps were a bit of a pain. I did it with little problem, but my fingers are still aching. With my key maps I had to stretch my little finger to the jump key (enter). Bad technique, I guess.

I found the loot objective to be a real challenge in Mission 3. I had to use Tannar's list for my last item, a gold goblet that was in plain sight.

The music in Mission 3 was an introduction (to me) of a style I had never listened to before. What exactly do you call that style? I quite liked some of the pieces. I particularly liked the one with the words:

"Oh yeah.
    That is harmony.
    Do you feel that?"

I found and played all the tunes mentioned in the credits using Google, but I couldn't find that particular one. Please tell me its title / author / album

Thanks again.

I too am enjoying this mission pack. The pedestal jumps in mission 2 were a tad difficult but the creativity in design was great!
    Anyway, kudos for including the spolier picture folder. I hope other authors incorporate this idea as it is very helpful and much needed in this mission.
    Thanks cardia1 for another fine job!

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    I've just finished this mission pack, and I want to say that I had a lot of fun playing all three. Thanks Pedro! I always enjoy your missions, which seem to have unique and impressive designs. Played this one in Expert. I have a few comments and a question about the music.

The puzzles in Mission 2 were pretty challenging. I needed to consult the spoilers 2-3 times. Particularly the one about the 7 differences. I spent two evenings on that one! Finally I had to look in the spoilers for the 14th location. Thanks for the spoilers.

The extra long jumps were a bit of a pain. I did it with little problem, but my fingers are still aching. With my key maps I had to stretch my little finger to the jump key (enter). Bad technique, I guess.

I found the loot objective to be a real challenge in Mission 3. I had to use Tannar's list for my last item, a gold goblet that was in plain sight.

The music in Mission 3 was an introduction (to me) of a style I had never listened to before. What exactly do you call that style? I quite liked some of the pieces. I particularly liked the one with the words:

"Oh yeah.
    That is harmony.
    Do you feel that?"

I found and played all the tunes mentioned in the credits using Google, but I couldn't find that particular one. Please tell me its title / author / album

Thanks again.
    Many thanks for playing this one, and for your very kind words smithpd. the jumps are very easy to be performed, and with the speedpotions you don´t need any special techinque...do you have your left arrow and right arrow set to step left and step right?

As for the music " i love you" by bast pieper you can listen in the following link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhm6J...eature=related
    as far as i know this artist has no album, anytime you want to check some electronic artist discography you can check the site Discogs, its a very complete site, where you can find all Artist´s discography. I found this music in the last Sven Väth compilation "The sound of the tenth season" its a nice compilation, to be honest the only good compilation i´ve heard so far from this artist, Sven Väth has very good albums, specially the 3 last ones, "fusion" , "Contact" , "fire". My favorite album is "Fusion" i found in this album alot of sounds that remind me thief 1 and its citys at night, its an album you should check, i´m sure you will enjoy it :

http://www.lastfm.com.br/music/Sven+V%C3%A4th/fusion

Many of this musics in the tirth mission can be found within the genre Deep house\ house\ or progressive house, unfortetnly its difficult to find any good track within these genres, i normally listen most of the times to Trance, a soft trance , but i like to hear sometimes a good house music, because it reminds me very much quake 1 atmospheres and levels and also thief 1 citys

Here´s a music from Sven Väth that i din´t include in the mission, but it also reminds me thief 1 night atmospheres:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW5xeK2zeS0

and my favourite music from him: "Face it"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCHLR4sSBhw

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Many thanks for playing this one, and for your very kind words smithpd. the jumps are very easy to be performed, and with the speedpotions you don´t need any special techinque...do you have your left arrow and right arrow set to step left and step right?
    Yes, that's the way I have it set up. So, I can do the long jump one-handed using index finger on right arrow, middle finger on forward arrow, and little finger on enter, an alternate jump key. The little finger gets tired. I need to exercise it more. With a normal one-handed jump it is index finger on forward arrow and ring finger on enter, which is easier for me.

That jump hint will be helpful in the future. I just found that doing 10 or so in succession was tiresome.

I did not have any speed potions while doing this. I only found one, near the beginning I think.

Thanks a lot for all the music links and discussion. I have spend the evening exploring them, and I plan to spend some more time later. That should get me started on a new adventure.

I really have to say I hate all the Super Mario **** thrown in for no good reason into levels like this one -- the second one after the 'lava' in particular being such a royal pain in the ass I pretty much said to hell with finishing it. Finally got around the corner using the method of not even TRYING to jump and going around the ledge, and some twenty reloads later I round the corner only to be confronted by MORE? I literally blurted out "Oh **** me!"

If I wanted to play Nintendo, I'd play Nintendo - The LACK of that button mashing ridiculous jump nonsense is why I play Thief and not console games. WAY TO SUCK THE FUN out of what looked like a halfway decent idea/scenario.

His name is Garrett, not Luigi.

stuck pls me u hlp

g`day

Very interesting mission so far. I`m stuck in the flip switch room of the temple where the lost note is that tells about the smokeless fires. I`ve water arrowed the 8 fires up above and they do die down a bit but Can`t get those gates where the zombies are open
    Any one drop some clues 4 me.

thanx
    Last edited by tr00pertj; 10th Jul 2010 at 07:09. Reason: opps

Quote Originally Posted by tr00pertj View Post
    g`day

Very interesting mission so far. I`m stuck in the flip switch room of the temple where the lost note is that tells about the smokeless fires. I`ve water arrowed the 8 fires up above and they do die down a bit but Can`t get those gates where the zombies are open
    Any one drop some clues 4 me.

thanx
    Take a look at the floor for a moment.

There is a plaque there, that mentions 1,3,5 and 2,4,6.

Flip the correct switches on each side and "OPEN SESAME!)

OK OK

Got it bob_doe_nz

I was thinking switching 1st switch on right 2nd on left 3rd on right etc..Makes sense.

Any way I found a bug (mission ojective not triggering comlete).

I picked up the precious mask going down then when coming back through I noticed it`s in my inventory but not ticked off in the objective screen? Don`t Know What to do, suppose I`ll just get back to the start and jump to the next mission.

I`m playing on medium difficulty.

Any one come across this bug before?

Quote Originally Posted by tr00pertj View Post
    Any one come across this bug before?
    There are two.

One in the ladders area just after the zombies you mentioned and one of the puzzles. (Use your eye to zoom)

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    She-Thief: check out the side wall on the left stairs
    Good luck!

Gloria Creep
    Hello, i'm stuck in that place.
    I found both levers, went down the latter, then up, killed the haunt, but what's next? I see a plaque on the floor that says: Only the observant will progress..
    Before me there's a long deep pit, and in a distance there are organge doors, two torches, and another plaque on the floor. Futher above the door I see a rope arrow in the wooden ceiling as well as white drawing of "^".

What should I observe? I have no rope arrows, so I cannot cross that pit.

Cheers.

Master Builder 2018
    Look at the ceiling over the pit. Do you notice anything that might indicate a path?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Look at the ceiling over the pit. Do you notice anything that might indicate a path?
    I think I need my brain checked =P Thanks. It was so obvious hehe. I love this mission!!

Ok, now I'm in the chamber with talismans. Three guys fought the guardian, the tree beast killed him. The blue glow dissappeared, but it seems I can't frog any of the talisman.
    What am I missing?

Oh, wait. I got it =) Haha.

Btw. Great music at the end of Mission 2. It felt like some sort of tear-jerking movie ending or I don't know... nevertheless, it was cool =)
    Last edited by numer51397; 11th Jul 2010 at 17:13.

Mission 2: Scored the differences, what next?

When all 14 differences have been hit, you will hear a brief chorus sound and the grate in the middle will open.

bob_doe_nz @ Thanks.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast