TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "3 Distinct Adventures v0.4" - final version (16/08/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    On the way back to the beginning I made it back through the fake lava, and found the ladder out of that, but I can't find a way up to the hole above the normal water pit.
    WHERE EXACTLY is this "ladder" out of the fake lava pit on the way back? Is it invisible? I wish he would have put it's location in the spoiler folder!

It should be directly ahead of you once you exit the underlava tunnel. It may or may not be visible due to the rock being a similar colour.

There have been issues with it not appearing at all in some cases.

I'd like to thank cardia for a great and fun-filled adventure! The only serious technical issue I had was that the framerate dropped to almost zero about the time I reached the 'fake' lava river and after trying several times (& different ways) to continue, I was forced to advance to Part 3.

Part 1: I've really started to enjoy missions taking place in futuristic venues, much to my own surprise, since I've always considered myself somewhat of a 'fundamentalist' when it comes to Thief FMs. I only wished there'd been more places to explore on that ship because once I discovered those black-clad baddies were beatable I really started to enjoy myself. I also wanted to be able to push buttons in the control room and maybe fly the thing myself. However, I really did miss my blackjack!

Part 2: Though I've never been into FMs that involved lots of zombies, etc., I found that for the most part the undead in this part of the mission, at least as far as I got, were manageable. I did find myself wishing that there were more zombie-killing weapons/equipment available, because I really hate running around like a headless chicken trying to evade the damned things! I was already a little over an hour into Part 2 & had just (read: finally!) made it to the small cave where you start approaching the fake lava river, when as I approached the framerate suddenly dropped down to like 2 or 3 frames per 30 seconds. Very frustrating because it made it impossible to finish this part. The graphics were absolutely stunning, btw. The puzzles could've used more readable clues imo, since a lot of Taffers (like myself) really dislike having to repeatedly consult the corresponding thread in TTLG for hints & clues rather than be able to figure it out for ourselves.

Part 3: Now this part of the FM was definitely my cup of tea! I love city missions so was in my glory with this part! My only complaint here is that I ended up using all my rope arrows! In order to meet the loot requirement I was forced to sacrifice some health points (I ended up with only four at game's end) in order to retrieve some rope arrows to use to get to previously unnoticed 2nd & 3rd floor rooms. This could've been my own fault by using too many to get to some of the upper rooms in the first place, but realistically some of those arrows just really weren't retrievable. I also wish there'd been more houses/flats available for exploration; I was having such a good time that I wanted to be able to open some of those unfrobbable doors! Great graphics, though the gameplay would 'stick' from time to time. It was always brief and the game recovered, but at least five or six times there was a seriously noticeable lag while I was moving.

The music was tolerable only because in most instances one could frob the victrola & either turn off the techno/rave or switch it to more Thief-like music; or you could just leave the area & the music would fade. Authors need to remember that everyone has their own tastes in music and imho it's never a good idea to force your own tastes down other people's throats by making them 'captive audiences'; better to make it optional listening for those who share your music tastes. Some Taffers will simply quit playing if the music is too loud and/or is not to their liking.

All in all a job well done, cardia! My thanks to you and all who contributed to this fun FM; I look forward to your next creation!

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    The puzzles could've used more readable clues imo, since a lot of Taffers (like myself) really dislike having to repeatedly consult the corresponding thread in TTLG for hints & clues rather than be able to figure it out for ourselves.
    There is a spoilers folder which is created when you load it in Darkloader.

I knew that .....

Thanks for playing this one Dia, and thanks for your complimments and sugestions, i knew most of the people would like more the thirth mission since its a typical thief mission, and i got to admit it has been always my favourite kind of missions, thatŽs why i love Melan city missions, i feel in the mood to create another city mission for the upcoming team work mission, but it will be something more English style, since the leader of the upcoming project is Ravenhook and wants a mission 19 century London style, well , so far so good, we have all textures needed to create a typical London city , we just need a bit of more objects, but weŽll have them in time, also Darthslair and NightRanger are cooperating in this team project, so hopefully we will have an outstanding project in the end .

Mission 1 - elevator

I'd like to know how to open the window in the elevator.
    Playing with no sound at the moment as my laptop speakers are not working anymore.......

Ok, how could I hear the lockpicks working without any sound?
    Last edited by maga; 21st Aug 2010 at 12:33. Reason: found solution

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'd like to know how to open the window in the elevator.
    Playing with no sound at the moment as my laptop speakers are not working anymore.......

Ok, how could I hear the lockpicks working without any sound?
    Please donŽt play this mission without sound, without it the mission quality decreases around 30 or 40 % quality, youŽre missing interesting sci-fi sounds and nice soundtracks .

mission 2

So it seems I cannot make the jumps on the moving bridge
    Would someone here be so kind as to send me a savegame after that spot?
    T%hank you!

mission 2

Thank you!

Thank you!
    IŽll send you a save game soon, but in the meantime how about trying to jump those metal plataforms? .
    Last edited by Cardia; 23rd Aug 2010 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    IŽll send you a save game soon, but in the meantime how about trying to jump those metal plataforms? .
    No, I don't have any..... I tried and tried............................
    I cheched the spoilers folder.... but still unable to make the jumps right........Where am I supposed to find speed potions?

I cheched the spoilers folder.... but still unable to make the jumps right........Where am I supposed to find speed potions?
    before the moving metal plataforms there is no speedpotion because its easy to jump them, few people had difficults in jumping them, but a considerable number of players had difficults in jumping the pillars that are found later in the mission, tommorow iŽll send you a save games for those 2 areas...well i guess iŽd better give another save for the thirth jumping area.

IŽve sent the save games to your email

Mission 1 - bug?

mission begins in the cage but cage is not opening.. how can i get out this cage?? Waiting for opening cage but nothing happens :\

any help?

A conversation should begin and after it ends the cage should open, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    A conversation should begin and after it ends the cage should open, IIRC.
    yes , but after it ends the cage is not opening i did wait 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by dawnstream View Post
    yes , but after it ends the cage is not opening i did wait 10 minutes
    Try to reload the mission, have you got the custom scipts by telliamed and Namelessvoice installed?

"jump tuturials"

For those who have difficults in jumping obstacles in the second part of the mission i made these 6 video tuturials, hope they are helpfull:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZO8J5V0J

http://hotfile.com/dl/65986555/72c5b..._0005.zip.html

it shows Jumps with and without speedpotions effects
    Last edited by Cardia; 31st Aug 2010 at 10:53.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Try to reload the mission, have you got the custom scipts by telliamed and Namelessvoice installed?
    i made it ty for help

Mission 3

I am in the inn where I should find the yellow key in the toilet, but no key...... any hint?
    Btw, yesterday Cardia was here with his family, we spent a lovely afternoon together and he finished the second mission for me...... Thank you Pedro!

Master Builder 2018
    Are both of the toilets open? If not, you have to complete another objective first. Read the note from the assassins guild leader.

Marisa thanks for the excellent pasta a carbonara and for the wonderfull time at your lovely home with a breathtaking view, iŽll return to Portugal this saturday and then iŽll have the chance to post here a photo with us playing thief

hugs

Mission 3

Tannar, I should turn off the lights outside the bookstore, but cannot find a switch!

Pedro, it was pasta con pesto, lol! I was so happy to have you here!!! Wait for the pic!!!
    Hugs

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast