TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "3 Distinct Adventures v0.4" - final version (16/08/2011)

It's behind the counter, sort of hidden on one side.

Heres a photo with me teaching Marisa how to do the long jumps in the second part of "3 distinct adventures" :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

with one headphone each as sound is not working.......
    Pedro, thanks for the wonderful day, but I will NEVER learn to make those jumps!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    with one headphone each as sound is not working.......
    Pedro, thanks for the wonderful day, but I will NEVER learn to make those jumps!!!!!
    Marisa keep praticing the jumps, youll eventually learn it with time, its a skill that has helped me to progress in some missions

Great missions, Pedro! What is it about your melee missions!? I groan when I see I have to play a new one . . . yet somehow by the end of each one I realize I've had a total blast!!

The 2nd and 3rd were great as well - I liked having the music in Miss3 as a clue to find the loot/hidden items! Once I figured that out, the mission was easy to finish!

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead View Post
    Great missions, Pedro! What is it about your melee missions!? I groan when I see I have to play a new one . . . yet somehow by the end of each one I realize I've had a total blast!!

The 2nd and 3rd were great as well - I liked having the music in Miss3 as a clue to find the loot/hidden items! Once I figured that out, the mission was easy to finish!
    Thanks for playing this one taffedinthehead. I dont think ill be doing again melee missions, maybe some day if it is possible to a new mode( fire guns), i really would like to create missions with fps fire guns style, something like quake 1 style or Unreal 1 , also im not sure i will do a solo mission again, i guess i will since i promised Maga a mission dedicated to her , at the moment im working on two team projects, one with NightRanger and the other with RavenHook.
    With NightRanger im building a quake 1 underground temple style with lots of treasures, traps, secrets and puzzles to solve, im also using new architecture shapes ive never used before, so expect a more complex design for this one, but offcourse theres a price for all this nice work, alot of time will be spent in Dromed and alot of scetches will be draw like never before.

With Ravenhook im building and old dirty poor London zone of the century XIX, im also giving my best for this one, by watching BBC movies and series that shows me this grey side of london in the century XIX, therefore i get an idea on how should i build tipical London buildings, the atmosphere will also be very heavy and dramatic.

Im note sure when will we have these team missions ready to play, and i dont care how much time it will take, i only care about having them finished with high quality and very enjoyable.

cheers

This concerns hitting 14 tiny buttons on two pictures to open a single grate. I think one hit on a certain spot on each of the two pictures would've been sufficient. As it is, the distance is so great that the arrows become tiny specks. Some kind of sound should have been implemented to register hitting the buttons, instead of just lobbing dozens of arrows and crossing your fingers.

I think a great FM was ruined by excessive tedium. If I didn't have to play this thing in order to add it to my next walkthrough volume, I'd skip it altogether. As it is, I'll do some Dromed surgery on it so I can get to the next FM.

Everytime you hit a button a bell rings, you can always use zoom to aim, or pratice more your bow shooting, thief is not only about blackjacking you know. im sorry if all puzzle dont please everyone, i like the way it is and im not going to change it Terry.

Its like those differences in the tastes, you probably prefer metal or rock music, while i prefer electronic music.
    Last edited by Cardia; 17th Jul 2011 at 05:48.

I never heard any bell. My machine's hooked up to a 500-watt sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    I never heard any bell. My machine's hooked up to a 500-watt sound system.
    well, then this is the first time that someone is having problem with this sound issue. are you sure you install properly this mission?

are you playing this mission on "hard" and "expert" mode? because the next challenge requires that you know the ability to do the Garretts long jumps, if you dont know how to do these kind of jumps i can show you a tuturial video.
    Last edited by Cardia; 17th Jul 2011 at 11:14.

You're not going to like this posting, Pedro, but I've been refining my comments for 90 minutes, trying not to flame your efforts. As a fellow Dromeder, I can well appreciate the difficulty involved in bringing a mission to full term birth. You pour your heart and soul into a project, hoping that the world will appreciate it. Then along comes some taffer like me who can't find anything good to say about it.

Except for your Quake-style missions, I've enjoyed playing everything you've done. I even did a loot list and drew a maze for A New Place for Ghosts for the 2008 edition of walkthroughs. I don't usually invest that much time in an FM.

OK. I got up at 4 a.m.--nice and quiet in the house--and opened up mission 2 in Dromed. I stood on the ledge in front of one of the paintings and pressed one of the buttons. Yes, I can hear the sound. So, apparently, after using up 40 or 50 arrows, I failed to hit not even one button.

The platform jumping was just as bad. I'm well familiar with the sideways run/jump trick. I managed to get all the way across. However, I couldn't manage the last jump. I see that the grid size was set to 12, and then the platforms and ledges positioned so that the player has to hit the exact pixel to succeed.

I can appreciate the fact that not all FMs are going to appeal to all players. GORT's Rebellion of the Buillder was a tough campaign, but I managed it without any cheats. The Japanese missions were tough also. However, I liked playing them. I've even enjoyed some FMs that were badly done. I did not like playing 3 Distinct Adventures.

Mission One felt like a repeat of several other Quake-style missions that you've done. Same textures. Same dodgy bad guy who is hard to kill. Same slide-show of photos that don't have anything to do with anything. Same with the main_1.pcx (The opening picture at the top of the Thief 2 startup screen for you non-Dromeders). It just doesn't fit into the mission.

The third mission was the best of the set and should have been, IMHO, the first mission, or even a stand-alone FM. But as with the photos, the techno music just didn't blend with the setting. I'm not against the STYLE, but its PLACE in the environment. Wedding dresses are pretty, but you don't wear one to the grocery store. I want to put a 3DS model of a helicopter gunship into a mission, but it has to MAKE SENSE in being there. I'm not going to slap it in there because I think it's cool.

I know that by now you want to take some cheap shots at some of my own work. I hope not. This is not designed to disrespect your efforts, but to give you some honest feedback.

Hi Terry, thats ok im not upset, i love my mission "3 distinct adventures" regardless what other people might think, i will keep creating missions the way i want, because thats what keeps me going on droming, be free to do what i want, dont worry im not going to talk about your missions, i have nothing to say about it. Oh and the first part (spaceship) has only a few quake textures, and i know that progressive and deep house music might sound a bit odd in the mediaval citys, but i loved to fit in medieval citys at night.

Again a remark on the pillarjumps in part 2:
    While testing this FM, I couldn't make it, and now while replaying I can't do it either. I read the spoiler and saw the picture, but I only have 2 hands How am I suppose to jump (spcacebar), jump (endbutton) nd turn around (mouse) ????
    Again, I've to quit part two.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Again a remark on the pillarjumps in part 2:
    While testing this FM, I couldn't make it, and now while replaying I can't do it either. I read the spoiler and saw the picture, but I only have 2 hands How am I suppose to jump (spcacebar), jump (endbutton) nd turn around (mouse) ????
    Again, I've to quit part two.

Hi Gloria, Just practice a few times. Did you use up all of your speed potions ? If you have a two button mouse, make the right button your " Jump" button. Make sure you have your "run" close to your "forward" button. This way all it takes is a flick of a finger to jump, and you have control with the mouse to turn around.

Thanks Darthslair!
    Perhaps that's the solution. I'll try it out tomorrow.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I must be missing something,

but how do I unlock the hatch in the floor in the beginning

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    but how do I unlock the hatch in the floor in the beginning
    Look near the sides of the steps, either side. And you must use fire on the Braziers to open the floor panel.

Hi people, the missionhas been updated to v0.4:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLF2522G

new changes:

-set up animated textures to full brightness.
    Last edited by Cardia; 17th Aug 2011 at 06:02.

Mirror?

Hi folks,

maybe is there anyone who can link to an mirror page for the new version.
    For me here in germany there are only download speeds around 15 Kb/sec available.

thanks a lot

Hallo Dr. SahneBacke, hier kannst du "3 distinct adventures "v0.4 finden:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLF2522G

alles gut fr dich...

Argh, 6kb/sec. download speed. Is there another mirror available?

MfG
    sk2k

Quote Originally Posted by sk2k View Post
    Argh, 6kb/sec. download speed. Is there another mirror available?

MfG
    sk2k
    I need another mirror too !
    Trying to download for 3 days already
    While I have no issue with megaupload in general, this time it is just impossible.
    (expected downloadtime between 6 and 10 hours and off course it just gives up at some point )

Clearinghouse

I don't understand why...

Pedro's FM's have to be so hard all the time (even in "Easy" Mode) ?? I always give them a try, but usually give up when I get massacered all the time

Not even gonna bother downloading the final version!

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Thanks clearing !

I wonder how you managed to get this one downloaded - except you have one of these accounts you have to pay for.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast