TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: T2 mission : "3 Distinct Adventures v0.4" - final version (16/08/2011)

3 distinct adventures has been updated, both skyboxes of 256x256 with crappy colors settings have been replaced by the original skyboxes with the original size 512x512 and in TGA format, the quality of both skyboxes have improved alot, here's a link to the mission updated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9b...otRmJMZTg/view
    Last edited by Cardia; 30th Dec 2016 at 12:27.

just replayed all 3 missions and wow super impressed,on last mission the view of bafford entrance by the assasins entrance was so amazing,make the t1 version look like shit lol,just needed to add some fountains in that water area :P

i am so ready for you next mission

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    just replayed all 3 missions and wow super impressed,on last mission the view of bafford entrance by the assasins entrance was so amazing,make the t1 version look like shit lol,just needed to add some fountains in that water area :P

i am so ready for you next mission
    Thanks Downwinder, i plan this year to make a mission similar to that one with a thief 1 scenario style.
    Last edited by Cardia; 2nd Apr 2017 at 04:26.

"3 Distinct Adventures" has been updated to V 1.4 (20-12-2017) , here are the changes:

all the 3 missions have been updated to NewDark 1.25, and there's a walktrough included by Ricebug

Mission 1:
    -Added new objects from system shock 2 and other authors
    -reduced the light intensity in some rooms
    -aligned some readables
    -added a song sample
    -other minor fixes and changes

Mission 2:

-fixed the fires that had no smoke
    -other minor fixes and changes

Mission 3:
    -Reduced most of the lights intensity
    -changed a house facade texture

Here's a link for the mission updated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12mw...ew?usp=sharing

Hi, playing this mission, at the end of part 1, after killing the leader of black aliens, is it normal that i can climb over the red smoke surrounding the talisman? No need to figure out the code - but later i managed to?
    Another interesting Cardia mission

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Hi, playing this mission, at the end of part 1, after killing the leader of black aliens, is it normal that i can climb over the red smoke surrounding the talisman? No need to figure out the code - but later i managed to?
    Another interesting Cardia mission
    No it's not normal, the mission was created before the New_mantle feature, good thing you pointed me this out! Thank you for playing it!

What an interesting mission it was! First of all, the idea, then the architecture, music and those riddles... wow. Loved it.
    At the arabic scene, i simply couldn't do the fast runs on the pillars (got the potions). This was the hardest for me, it can be said impossible. So sorry but had to find another way, that's why i am happy.
    At the space ship scene, there were some healing potions in show cases or on the shelves behind glasses, i could pick up everything just not the healing potions which was at the very back. Were they only the part of decoration or some usable/pickable things? (Also, there was that remedy potion behind a mirror, but finally i managed to pick up that somehow. but not those healing potions which really would have come in handy ).
    It was a nice experience

Pedro, this is another question, not specially belonging to this thread: at some of your missions i have played in the last few days, captions were somehow missing in the game menu. Still i could play them because i already know the menu, and ckickings were working. and when choosing the (suold-be) "settings", Thief crashed. In the game Ana's secret, even the loot subtitles were missing, only the loot value could be seen properly. Is there something that i should set in my game? Thank you in advance!
    Edit: Mr. Turmoil crashes just after starting Thief game. I use FMSel 1.1.2
    Last edited by Cheela; 30th Aug 2019 at 05:19.

Hi Csilla, iŽm glad you enjoyed this campaign. you have found some issues i have to fix for my next update, thank you for having a observing eye and instinct to detect what it's not normal.

I don't know why you are suffering those crashes and issues in some of my missions, maybe it's due to some characters that i wrote that are not recognized in your computer, since you come from a country with a different language from the Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Hi Csilla, iŽm glad you enjoyed this campaign. you have found some issues i have to fix for my next update, thank you for having a observing eye and instinct to detect what it's not normal.

I don't know why you are suffering those crashes and issues in some of my missions, maybe it's due to some characters that i wrote that are not recognized in your computer, since you come from a country with a different language from the Latin.
    I hope you know that i am not searching directly for issues - i am simply asking things that i don't know. I only like to know that i can proceed in a special (not normal) way too or should i keep trying reaching something or it is just for show. That's all.
    Last edited by Cheela; 30th Aug 2019 at 14:20.

No, lol , i know youŽre not looking only for mistakes, for me its important to point out all these bugs and issues so i can correct them. I have received your pm, i will reply to you later. Anyway a new updated for this mission will come soon.

Mission has been updated to V 1.5, see first post for new changes and mission link.
    Last edited by Cardia; 20th Sep 2019 at 10:02.

I have encountered strange bug in Mission 3. When I enter house or rope up to window near hostel (so far only these 2 places), I hear looped Garrett's comment: "Strange, I wonder what work Mechanists are doing here?". It repeats until I leave this part of room. It happened to me in latest 1.5 version of this mission.

Edit: Looks like it's always happening when at the entrance to houses. Final version must have missing some sound files.
    Last edited by Galaer; 23rd May 2020 at 03:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I have encountered strange bug in Mission 3. When I enter house or rope up to window near hostel (so far only these 2 places), I hear looped Garrett's comment: "Strange, I wonder what work Mechanists are doing here?". It repeats until I leave this part of room. It happened to me in latest 1.5 version of this mission.

Edit: Looks like it's always happening when at the entrance to houses. Final version must have missing some sound files.
    Thank you Galaer for noticing this issue, i know some audio files were edited by Mat, iŽll check which ones are not working in the mission.

Ok apparently there was a missing audio file, and its strange cause the previous version doesn't have either this audio file "gar0603".

I have updated the link in the first post.
    Last edited by Cardia; 23rd May 2020 at 08:42.

Thanks for fast fix. I have one more question about Mission 3. I checked max loot at the beginning and it shows there is 7400 loot. But after I finished this mission, my stats display that there is only 7350 loot in this mission. Why is this happening?

Thanks for fast fix. I have one more question about Mission 3. I checked max loot at the beginning and it shows there is 7400 loot. But after I finished this mission, my stats display that there is only 7350 loot in this mission. Why is this happening?
    How do you check the max loot before you start a mission? I know it is possible to know the loot at the end of a mission when seeing the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    How do you check the max loot before you start a mission? I know it is possible to know the loot at the end of a mission when seeing the stats.
    You misunderstood me. I started mission, then used skip mission cheat to check max loot. But when I finished mission properly max loot was by 50 loot lower. And I think this bug is connected to golden dices from Sobrenatural Shop. They increased my loot by 50, but at the same time lowered max loot by 50.

Also from my end stats: Pockets Picked: 1 out of 0. This sounds like classic Thief 2 bug. It should be 1 out of 1.

You misunderstood me. I started mission, then used skip mission cheat to check max loot. But when I finished mission properly max loot was by 50 loot lower. And I think this bug is connected to golden dices from Sobrenatural Shop. They increased my loot by 50, but at the same time lowered max loot by 50.

Also from my end stats: Pockets Picked: 1 out of 0. This sounds like classic Thief 2 bug. It should be 1 out of 1.
    Ahhh yes i understand now, before i used to make that mistake of placing loot objects unfrobable without removing their loot values or set them to 0, but i no longer do that so stats in the end can be accurate.
    IŽll check those golden dice....

Yes that thing of pockets picked 1 out of 0 is i believe a Thief 2 bug.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415