TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "3 Distinct Adventures v0.4" - final version (16/08/2011)

mission updated

People i made an important update of this mission, check the first post

thanks.

Not only is the file unavailable from that link you provided - but you didn't fix the music volume levels in the third mission... really?

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Not only is the file unavailable from that link you provided - but you didn't fix the music volume levels in the third mission... really?
    It is supposed to be that loud, so you can find out the whereabouts of the victrola's.
    I am used to it by now but I know what you mean.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

The file is working now - but the effect that you mentioned (so that you can find the victrola) is completely negated by the fact that you can't hear ANYTHING else that's going around you within a very large range. Not only that but the music choice is awful (techno/house is probably personally my least favorite music outside of screaming black metal) for the setting and immersion breaking by far.

I guess I'll just figure out how to swap them out myself for something else.

SneakyJack, I guess we have to respect a geniously FM maker for his music choice. It's not mine either, although it kind of grew on me especcially the one about "the Witch and the Bitch" but some testers also told the author the same remarks you do now, but he made his own choice and I say: Respect!!! It's his right to do so!

Enjoy the mission!

Pedro, you should use a better uploadsite here.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

It's easier to point out that this poor gameplay and audio design choice ruins an otherwise fantastic mission out of respect rather than just let it go with a nod and a smile and never want to play the mission at all - but whatever works for you.

stuck in second mission,could use a bit of help,i fell in to lava/water and swam through tunnel and now i see 4 platforms but i am not able to reach them with a run/jump,any tips on how to do the pit right after you come up from lava water?

I had the same trouble with it. I had to use the W and the D key. It makes you run at an angle to jump, then quickly face the post to mantle. In your T2 folder, there is a spoiler folder with an image of that particular jump and how to do it.

If that is thee only way to do that jump, thats ridiculous. Its very difficult, some people got it, some will have trouble with it. I respect your decision on that, but, its still a really difficult jump. I'm not the only one that feels like that. You want people to enjoy this mission, and yes have a challenge, but, at what expense, when it leads to frustration.

The file is unavailable and the site doesn't know the right code when its typed in. The other problem is after reading BrokenArts post about the special w-d jump, I have started to think twice about playing this mission set. Either way I look forward to your next fm.

Stingm, you may find that jump easier than I did. Don't let me persuade you otherwise! You make up your own mind.

Thiefmissions.com

I'd be perfectly happy to update the mission, but as before I can't get the file. Wouldn't it be simpler to pm the link to the mirror operators, or to send it to us some other way (like simply uploading it to my FTP site) so that folks don't have to contend with these terrible download sites that don't work anyway?

Jason, why not make a new sticky thread IN BOLD LETTERS, stating to send their FM to you, (as a reminder). Some may not be used to sending their FM's to you. Now that you're back in business, they need to know, and be reminded. Just a thought.

Thiefmissions.com

They don't have to send things to me; they just need to send them somewhere from which those of us who will host the missions can actually get them. I'm not so egotistical to think that the only proper way is to send the files directly to me, but it would sure be nice if I could manage to actually download them at some point.

Edit: finally managed to get it; updated file at http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=...inctAdventures

There's a lootlist there as well.
    Last edited by epithumia; 24th May 2010 at 18:58.

Right, and that would be helpful. Just trying to add some thoughts on the matter.

Im going to run through the missions again and make sure its all well, tommorrow ill post here the version 2 of this mission.

SneakyJack, i will not reduce the volume of musics in the victrolas.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    stuck in second mission,could use a bit of help,i fell in to lava/water and swam through tunnel and now i see 4 platforms but i am not able to reach them with a run/jump,any tips on how to do the pit right after you come up from lava water?
    The easiest way is to do not jump at all I jumped up to the sides, just put out the torch first, and walked very slowly all the way without 1 jump, easy

thank you for info one jumping at a angle it worked perfect,never realized how much further garrett could get.

but stuck once agian in room with guard and 3 cells ,i put water arrow on statue,i put skull in hole and i fliped tiny switch down the ramp,all that happened was all three cells opened but the main guard killed them all and i was not able to kill him,so barrier on the air talisman is still covered in a blue protected thing,what do i do now? am i suppost to kill the guard,or was the inmate suppost to?

but stuck once again in room with guard and 3 cells ,i put water arrow on statue,i put skull in hole and i fliped tiny switch down the ramp,all that happened was all three cells opened but the main guard killed them all and i was not able to kill him,so barrier on the air talisman is still covered in a blue protected thing,what do i do now? am i suppost to kill the guard,or was the inmate suppost to?

I think he is supposed to die but try hitting him with fire arrows if you have some left otherwise I think you have to try again
    Last edited by kittykat; 24th May 2010 at 20:08.

Master Builder 2018
    Yes, if you don't have enough weapons left in your arsenal to kill him yourself, you will have to try again. One suggestion, be sure you open all of the cells as closely together as possible. Don't let the guardian fight them one at a time. Make him fight all three together.

For some who are having trouble with those jumps after the fake lava. There are two speed potions before each set of those jumps. It makes getting across very easy!
    Last edited by pwl; 24th May 2010 at 20:28.

Mission 2

I had a hell of a time with a couple of the puzzles (the rock/buttons/torches and the math one by the skull priestess), I'm glad there were clues in the spoilers folder. I still needed the forum for help, though

the gladiator's arena-
    release the creatures in the cells, then go and stand by the gate - maybe make some noise to get his attention, but once it is on you, he will be distracted and let himself get killed!

on the way back to the beginning, there are levers to help you along - I was so frustrated trying to get back across the speed jump pits before I realized it!

I'm back at the start/end point, and I have two questions:
    is there any way to unlock the chest?
    I have all the objectives done, why is the mission not ending?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 24th May 2010 at 21:19.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    is there any way to unlock the chest?
    I have all the objectives done, why is the mission not ending?
    Search the rocks behind the chest for the key.

MrMunkeepants I had the same problem. I went back down the ladder and came back up and stood in front of Anna and she started talking then? She told me about the key and what was in the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    SneakyJack, i will not reduce the volume of musics in the victrolas.
    Fair enough - without the ability to actually have anything other than awful techno blaring in my ears for most of it I think I'll pass. Its unfortunate, as the city itself was alot of fun and messing with sound files after seeing your attitude toward players who think it cripples the mission really doesn't feel worth it.

my over all impression of all three missions,first one seemed like i was just hoping out of vents to get the enemys attention then run to a vent ans sword them from there,took most all enemys out that way

mission 2 i loved it,once i was told about the angled jump the rest was cake,although i dont think that mission 2 needed enemy's ,it would have been more fitting to just solve puzzles,but still i was impressed with misson 2 over all and great arab music for the map too

mission 3 i liked it alot the way it was set up so you read the letter step by step to do mission with a bunch of window along the way was nice,also like how if i went to certain areas with no weapons showing like bars i was not a threat only to the guards on the street,made for a way more real feeling

i love cardia missions,although my fav map by this author is Melancholy in Porto ,just something about that mission made me want to live in that town,i hope you keep making missions,just keep them enemy free i think your best maps are the ones with no enemys,i dont like to kill in missions and your maps with enemys force you too,but you are a 5 star fan mission author in my opinion,keep up the amazing work,your textures are amazing,i spend alot more time looking at things in your maps compared to most.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast