TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "3 Distinct Adventures v0.4" - final version (16/08/2011)

Well I gave it my best shot. I got 3 quarters of the way through the second mission and quit. The pillar jumps are impossible. Even using the speed potion you just run off the pillars and fall. This was way to frustrating for me. I have deleted it off my comp. I look forward to your next mission.

My god, is anyone else sick of SneakyJack's incessant complaining and bitching and moaning in this thread? If the author wants to put techno music in their FM, why shouldn't they? Are you actually arguing that just because you don't like it that it's a "poor gameplay and audio design choice?" Here's a newsflash - FMs are not necessarily designed based on your personal preferences. Hard to believe, I'm sure.

So Jesus, please, just STFU. Play the FM or don't. Go a write one of your little reviews if you have to. But stop fagging up the thread with your constant backhanded jabs and typical passive-aggressive comments you're so famous for. I can't imagine anyone appreciates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    My god, is anyone else sick of SneakyJack's incessant complaining and bitching and moaning in this thread? If the author wants to put techno music in their FM, why shouldn't they? Are you actually arguing that just because you don't like it that it's a "poor gameplay and audio design choice?" Here's a newsflash - FMs are not necessarily designed based on your personal preferences. Hard to believe, I'm sure.
    You, out of all people talking about backhanded jabs and passive agressive comments. You've been following me around (including in the review thread) making comments directed at me since I first started posting here and for the most part I've ignored your obsession with it.

And if you call an author putting super loud techno music that covers over every single other sound in the entire area in a game BUILT around sound me complaining because the mission wasn't built for me - I don't know what to tell you.

As for the other stuff you said - I hope those junior high insults are working out for you.

Also, in response to your "little reviews" comment - I'm sorry that Southquarter never caught on and then got hacked and put out of its misery, but don't take it out on me.

Misinformation, as usual. I welcome anyone to peruse the review thread (or any other) and show me where I was throwing out jabs to SJ that weren't just my genuine honest to god opinion.

And I don't see any insults above, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Also, in response to your "little reviews" comment - I'm sorry that Southquarter never caught on and then got hacked and put out of its misery, but don't take it out on me.
    Maybe you just don't understand what passive-aggressive means. See the above for a perfect example.

I don't want to ruin Pedro's FM thread any more, so I won't . Just needed to get my opinion out there on this topic. Constructive criticism is great, but I think some people take it too far, and for the simple reason that something doesn't match their own vision of how a mission should be.

And I don't see any insults above, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.
    Well, I guess they are less like insults and more like kiddie shorthand slams from 1996 or so

So Jesus, please, just STFU.

stop fagging up the thread
    But you get my point. And the line you quoted saying that it was a perfect example was done intentionally. Congratulations on picking that out of the post.

Constructive criticism is great, but I think some people take it too far, and for the simple reason that something doesn't match their own vision of how a mission should be.
    It wasn't the choice of music, it was that it completely drowned out everything in the entire area - but if you'd have read my post or played the mission instead of running off at the mouth (keyboard) blindly, you would have known that. It wasn't just personal preference or my vision for someone elses mission - it tosses out everything Thief revolves around and cripples the player for long periods of time over and over again. I'd just like to be able to hear ANYTHING including incoming enemies or threats - which is pretty important in a stealth game not based around combat. If asking the music volume be turned down a bit because it obliterates core gameplay elements the entire game is tailored for is expecting too much, then I guess I do.

Edit: I hate to 'future' quote but I didn't want to post yet another new post about the same subject - but I suppose this means someone else expected the mission to be built to their preferences because they're voicing an honest opinion about the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I'm not a fan of needlessly long lockpicking sequences or blaring techno music, so putting one right next to the other is making me tire of this mission prematurely. games are supposed to be fun, but I could see this FM becoming a chore to complete very quickly
    Regardless, lets get back to talking about how perfect 3 Distinct Adventures is, shall we? That seems to go over much better
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 25th May 2010 at 01:45.

Mission 3

I'm not a fan of needlessly long lockpicking sequences or blaring techno music, so putting one right next to the other is making me tire of this mission prematurely. games are supposed to be fun, but I could see this FM becoming a chore to complete very quickly

architecturally, the town is interesting; lots of windows to investigate, a variety of buildings. the wide open, well-lit spaces are annoying, though, and I had a bit trouble figuring out where I was at the beginning, which didn't help my first impressions.

I don't know if it's too late to suggest bugfixes, but there are several flickering doors that need to be looked at (mostly around the Hammer church).
    also, why are the tasks from the Assassin's Guild leader not itemized Objectives?

EDIT: somehow I couldn't even get the Easy loot requirement (10 short), and I was sure I got into all the buildings and windows

MrMunkeepants,

I am struggling with loot as well playing on Mission 3, (150 short on expert) and I still have to find a Horn of Quintela. I have 6450 and feel I have been to most places . One area I missed was a window at the top of Olaria Street in an arcade near where a woman in red is (.. well was) standing, need to use a rope arrow in a wooden beam that's part of the wall and jump to stone beam .

Spent a while trying to understand Anna's brother's/sister's diary (house east end of Fafel Street) about witnessing Anna's (?) capture and convinced myself there was a secret entrance to the Assassin's Guild nearby - even thought I'd found it but nothing! Did anybody else find anything there?

I welcome cardia1's move into doing a traditional city type mission - much prefer Mission 3 - and even with the techno music (not my favourite ) am still enjoying the architecture and the hunt!

EDIT: Reverted to lootlist to find Horn of Quintela to fiinish ! Thanks cardia1, great work with the big city and the 2-stage - sometimes 3-stage - rope climbing! Looking forward to more
    Last edited by Sagittal; 25th May 2010 at 06:03.

Um. . stupid question here, but is this FM a sequel to something or part of a series? I've just started it up and it looks fascinating, but it feels like I've been dumped in the middle of something complicated and that I should go play the ones (if any) that preceed it to get a better understanding of the story.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found Garrett's log. :P
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 25th May 2010 at 04:21.

Cardia:

- the design of your levels is outstanding, whether spaceship or ancient places.

- the story is deep and well documented with Garretts log and readables.

- however some parts are very hard for me: 1st part with spaceship seems more like action game than stealth for me, so I gave up this part and moved to 2nd one, that was quite ok till the looking for 7 differencies: I didn't look for them in images first. I found differency in entry portal and I shot many times without result. Only then I got here that differencies are in images. And finally I got to the "diagonal jumps". For me absolutly new information. I was able to jump to first pillar only after 20 tries. The second jump was much worse. And the guard started to shoot to me. This time I gave up the second part of your series.

Your FMs as I remember look great and has a great story too. However it seems to me more like action-game than stealth. I can survive some intensity of action but your level of action is too much for me.
    Can you insert any "help button" or somethng to overcome hard parts of mission for such a stupid non-action players like me, please ???

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    my over all impression of all three missions,first one seemed like i was just hoping out of vents to get the enemys attention then run to a vent ans sword them from there,took most all enemys out that way

mission 2 i loved it,once i was told about the angled jump the rest was cake,although i dont think that mission 2 needed enemy's ,it would have been more fitting to just solve puzzles,but still i was impressed with misson 2 over all and great arab music for the map too

mission 3 i liked it alot the way it was set up so you read the letter step by step to do mission with a bunch of window along the way was nice,also like how if i went to certain areas with no weapons showing like bars i was not a threat only to the guards on the street,made for a way more real feeling

i love cardia missions,although my fav map by this author is Melancholy in Porto ,just something about that mission made me want to live in that town,i hope you keep making missions,just keep them enemy free i think your best maps are the ones with no enemys,i dont like to kill in missions and your maps with enemys force you too,but you are a 5 star fan mission author in my opinion,keep up the amazing work,your textures are amazing,i spend alot more time looking at things in your maps compared to most.
    Many thanks Downwinder, thatīs one of the best compliments i ever had
    dealing with ai creature its not that hard, for example the first mission, you can deal with most of the enemys without using your sword, use the bunk ladders or the air ducts or shadows do attack the creatures in a easier way...iīm still suprise how there is many people that didnīt know the techinque to make Garrett jump longer, itīs something that takes only a bit of pratice, in the tirth mission it is possible to blackjack all guards without alerting them

Thanks everyone for the compliments, please be patient with some obstacles, they are very easy to be overcome, this is not one of my arena missions, you can deal with enemys in easier ways without filling your sword with blood, just use your brain, as for the long Garrett long jumps i think its time for many people to learn it, this trick helped me in several fms, but like you sometimes i get suprised that only after a few years of playing thief games iīm still learning sometimes new basic things or new tricks

As for the musics in the thirth mission, iīm sorry if its not your cup of tea, but i couldnīt avoid it, i want to show the techno fans how those musics remind me so much the citys at night of thief 1, and how they fit well there as a gluve, and how magic they are...Electronic music forever
    Last edited by Cardia; 25th May 2010 at 07:09.

new version avaliable

hereīs the v.2 of this mission:

http://www.mediafire.com/?weyqwomdin3

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    And finally I got to the "diagonal jumps". For me absolutly new information. I was able to jump to first pillar only after 20 tries. The second jump was much worse. And the guard started to shoot to me. This time I gave up the second part of your series.
    It's not that hard to do.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/zo3ykkezgkw/3da_jump.avi

bob_doe:
    wow ! great example. I haven't known that I can turn during jump before hit the target place. So I always miss the final point and was not able to mantle.
    1 picture/video is better than 1000 words.
    Thanks !!!

I just played mission 1 and I have to say that I love the spaceship. Great design, especially the space outside

The burning planet reminds me on the 2nd Riddick movie:
    "If I can choose between here (Crematoria) or hell; I rip this place out and live in hell"

What bothers me at the moment:
    The readme says "3 distinct adventures beta2". I've just downloaded this version from thiefmission.com about 40 minutes ago. Did I grab the wrong file?
    Last edited by intruder; 25th May 2010 at 08:55.

I just finished and want to thank Cardia1 for several hours of fun!! The only problem I had was the loot requirement in the third mission, I had to retrace every where I had gone and look very carefuly, but I found what I needed! Thanks again for your effort Cardia1!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I just finished and want to thank Cardia1 for several hours of fun!! The only problem I had was the loot requirement in the third mission, I had to retrace every where I had gone and look very carefuly, but I found what I needed! Thanks again for your effort Cardia1!
    Thanks for playing this one Pwl, iīm glad you enjoy this one, the version 2 includes now the lootlist within the spoilers folder.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    I just played mission 1 and I have to say that I love the spaceship. Great design, especially the space outside

The burning planet reminds me on the 2nd Riddick movie:
    "If I can choose between here (Crematoria) or hell; I rip this place out and live in hell"

What bothers me at the moment:
    The readme says "3 distinct adventures beta2". I've just downloaded this version from thiefmission.com about 40 minutes ago. Did I grab the wrong file?
    Thanks Intruder, i didnīt notice that "beta2", i have to update the readme file.

suppose i update this mission again, should i add a secret button to activate the plataforms in the pillars after the lava pool for "expert" mode? should i add a spoiler concerning the key for the chest to obtain the healing fruit for those who didnīt heard the conversation between Anna and Garrett?

Thiefmissions.com

Should I just wait a week or so before trying to catch up with the updates treadmill here? Or is "v.2" going to be it for at least a little while?

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    Should I just wait a week or so before trying to catch up with the updates treadmill here? Or is "v.2" going to be it for at least a little while?
    Sorry about all this Epithmia, iīm going to do a final version, and then there will be no more updates.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    I can't open the video
    Is there any other way you can send this to me?
    This was my major struggle while testing, so I would like to learn !

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

The mission has been updated to its final version

People, iīm really sorry all this mess, but now everythings has been fixed for good, check the first post to see the new changes and fixes, hereīs a link for the mission:

http://www.mediafire.com/?brmz1mizdgy

should i be able to open the grate in the duct the the elevator room in missions 1?
    the grate only slide half open
    I may be blind But I found my way

Master Builder 2018
    It only opens halfway. That was to make you get the keycard by going in from the elevator shaft.

Thanks for all your hard work Cardia1, worthy of another shot!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast