TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 mission : "3 Distinct Adventures v0.4" - final version (16/08/2011)

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Thankyou Pedro, You are a Magnificent Architect and a Brilliant Artist. and Thanks for giving this Through all of your Hard Work to this Community. A gift given freely

d. Dec 2017
    Can't believe there are people that have to post very negative remarks about this FM.
    No one has asked for a review at this point and your comments make it difficult to keep a level perspective. It would discourage a player from trying it. It is very difficult for an author to please everyone. It would also discourage an author from releasing another mission.

What galls me is the fact the author put many hours, time, and creativity into releasing a FREE Thief FM for a player's enjoyment. So what if you don't like it! No one is forcing you to play it.

Quit trying to be so smug and know-it-all. No one has asked your opinion. I happened to like it, and that is all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I can't open the video
    Is there any other way you can send this to me?
    This was my major struggle while testing, so I would like to learn !

Gloria Creep
    You need to download the file first.

If you have and it won't play, grab the following application

Install it somewhere and drag and drop the video file onto the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Can't believe there are people that have to post very negative remarks about this FM.
    No one has asked for a review at this point and your comments make it difficult to keep a level perspective. It would discourage a player from trying it. It is very difficult for an author to please everyone. It would also discourage an author from releasing another mission.

What galls me is the fact the author put many hours, time, and creativity into releasing a FREE Thief FM for a player's enjoyment. So what if you don't like it! No one is forcing you to play it.

Quit trying to be so smug and know-it-all. No one has asked your opinion. I happened to like it, and that is all that matters to me.
    Everyone is entitle to their opinion. This isn't the first time an FM has gotten criticism, and certainly won't be the last. The author should make it how he/she fits. No you can't please everyone, and yes no one is forcing anyone to play it, but, would you rather people lie about it? I'd rather have people be honest. Any author of art, will at one point get criticism, that doesn't mean he has to shrivel up and do nothing, keep on doing what he's doing, someone will like it, in the end, thats all that matters.

On Mission 1 the barrier is not lowered after the initial conversation. This is a new TMA installation using Tafferpatcher so I think I could be missing some important scripts or something. Help?

d. Dec 2017
    No! People shouldn't lie about it and I certainly didn't insinuate that. But why, may I ask, release a scathing opinion about a new FM within a day or two of release? Give the players time to at least download the new FM and give it a try so they can make up their own minds.

Good or bad, there is such a thing as tact and timing....and class. I'm sure this FM author can take any criticism one has to give, but please let the FM get cold first.

By releasing an opinion from an opinion maker so early in the game tries to convince the players it is not worthwhile. To dissuade players so soon after release is a disservice to these FM authors.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
    On Mission 1 the barrier is not lowered after the initial conversation. This is a new TMA installation using Tafferpatcher so I think I could be missing some important scripts or something. Help?
    Jax, we had this issue during beta testing but it was fixed in the most recent test versions and in the release version. Perhaps cardia will have an idea but if you tell me what difficulty level you are playing at, I will send you a savegame with the door open.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Jax, we had this issue during beta testing but it was fixed in the most recent test versions and in the release version. Perhaps cardia will have an idea but if you tell me what difficulty level you are playing at, I will send you a savegame with the door open.
    I'm on expert. Thanks.

Master Builder 2018

cardia1,

Ohh, thanks for this masterpiece of a mission!

ok how to cross the pillars i give up tried to past them by the side walls jumping is impossible but i keep falling down any ideas direct spoiler please speed potions ???

Latest version as two speeds potions on expert. Before jumping the pillars. To the very left, look over the edge, you'll see a red button. Check the T2 folder for spoiler images, if need be. Good luck.

Pedro...firstly,I have enjoyed this set of missions enormously...I did not mind the music in pt 3...I knew that you had put it there for the purpose of us finding the source of each music,and collecting our goodies there ..with the option to turn the music off if we wanted to...whilst walking around I really did get the feel that I was in a real town with each window cranking out its individual sound....It doesnt happen very much here in the UK,but during my visits to hotter clountries this really does happen in the towns...windows are open and sounds travel farther in the heat...even the music seemed to fit its purpose in this fm..haha...although it would never be something I would listen to being a prog-rock chic myself ,but i TOTALLY see where you are coming from with this

The Horn of Quintela was so funny when I saw it...lol,I had a good chuckle about that and as the Horn or Quimtus usually cannot be frobbed,I was doubly pleased!

of the three different areas I prefered the temple...as it is always so good to be able to use brain and dexterity to solve areas before you can move on to the next area...this slowed or sped the level up depending on each individuals thought processes,and abilities.I must admit that the strafe jumps were really hard for me as I have never HAD to use them in all this time...shameful I know.. so I called in my 10 year old daughter to complete the jumps for me..lol...and she didnt whine once,just got in there and did it(Well trained)...so that saved me having to quit the second mission at that point.

THANK YOU PEDRO!

*Jonesy goes off to practise the SJump*
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    *Jonesy goes off to practise the SJump*

I shouldn't laugh. I never knew about the falling with a body trick as seen in Unholy Vivid Innocence until it was mentioned in the forums.

And I still can't stack crates in a stair fashion.

ok where is the second god damn button ?? got two torches and one button where is that second one

Quote Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
    Jaxa, check the following link and see if youre missing any script:

http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/downloads.htm

Alright, finished it. Well, sort of, I played the 2nd version and was missing about 100 loot on expert in the 3rd mission. But anyway, some subjective rambling thoughts. I'm not looking to offend or coddle anyone, I'm just speaking my mind. I don't think there are any spoilers ahead, but feel free to skip this post if you're allergic to, uh, people writing about stuff they've played and you haven't, or something.

First mission:
    Nice looking spaceship, reminiscent of System Shock 2, if a bit simple in terms of layout. The conversation at the start was a bit too long. The plot is definitely not the strong point of this mission series, and I don't particularly enjoy long, tedious, unskippable pieces of exposition. The story depicted in Garrett's log was bordering on really bad fan fiction, and I really hope the author realizes that.
    I knew from the start that it wasn't going to be a standard sneaky-sneaky-shadow-hidey-blackjacky mission, as places to hide were very few and far between. Thief doesn't really work well as an action game, and I really don't like exploiting its engine or AI in order to succeed. Here, it seemed, it was inevitable, as a sword fight against more then one opponent usually ends up with a loss of hit points. So off I went, standing in vents, hacking away at the enemies with the tip of the sword while they stood looking like lobotomized idiots flailing their arms, unable to cause me harm because of engine limitations.
    Overall, I enjoyed it, but felt the potential was a bit wasted. It was definitely the weakest of the three missions. The boss fight was quite fun though.

Second mission:
    Ah, the ancient temple-thing puzzle one. I quite enjoy this type of missions. A couple of switches were somewhat annoying to find, though, and many of the enemies weren't really necessary. I know some people were very irritated about the diagonal jumping puzzles, but I've been playing Thief and other games enough to work these kind of tricks out for myself. It was good remembering the times when games weren't very forgiving and you HAD to learn some, sometimes undocumented, tricks to survive. Kind of like rocket jumping in Quake, only mandatory. Also, Thief does require dexterity from time to time, so if you can't pull some jumps off - sorry, butterfingers, move along.
    I can't say I enjoyed the backtracking at the end. It served absolutely no purpose and a teleport or a secret passageway leading to the start of the level would've been much better. I think the author was just looking for an excuse to use more Blade Runner music in the mission ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBKbhrniUQ - lovely, lovely track)

Third mission:
    Oh good lord. The horrible fanfiction-written-by-a-15-year-old-female-twilight-fan style of writing reaches its peak. Aaaw, how cute, the hardass, cynical, tough as nails master thief we all adore has fallen in love. And he hasn't neglected to write it all down in his diary... in the style of a 15-year-old Twilight fangirl. I really, really hope the author doesn't plan to become a professional writer, and is well aware of the silliness.
    The plot doesn't ruin the fun of playing this very well constructed city mission at all, though. I'm given a shopping list of stuff to do and steal and plenty of nooks and crannies to explore. Pure Thief, loving it. I especially enjoyed the not often seen multiple rope arrow jumps, good stuff.
    The prevalent theme of out of character bouncy electronic music caused some hilarious controversy in this thread. I'm of the opinion that the author can put anything he wasts in his mission. Thief doesn't have to be restricted to one world, one story, or one mood. Modding and mapping is all about freedom. Turn a seemingly normal looking city mission into a rave party? Why the hell not. The author very clearly loves that kind of music, why not show it in his own mission? I must say, I'm not at all a fan of bouncy electronica (techno? trance? Not sure, sorry), but here, surprisingly, it wasn't all that jarring or extremely loud, as others claimed. Plus, if you hate it all that much, you can imagine yourself as a protector of justice ridding the city of horrible music by turning off the victrolas.

Summing up, it was a pretty solid collection of missions, especially 2 and 3. I'll have to play some of cardia1's previous missions. I've got to say I tended to avoid them because of Pedro's reputation as an action and killing-oriented mission builder. There's more to that, I see. Keep up the great job!

One more thing: you're not obliged to enjoy a product you get for free. You can speak your mind about what you don't like, of course, and you shouldn't let anyone stop you. But don't demand the author to "fix" or remove a thing you don't like. It's his mission and his vision, as erroneous as it might seem to you. Feel free to give it a skip, no great loss to the world.
    Last edited by Pemptus; 27th May 2010 at 10:39.

Again, thanks everyone for the compliments, this sequel should deserve a part 2, since the end of the story makes us wonder what will happen to garrett when he has to give the bad news to Keepper Orland about the Planet Caprica being in the mechanists Hands, and how his travel with Friend Anna will go on until they arrive home, or how much will they be able to maintain secret their romantic relationship...

what suggestions would you give for a continuation

anyway, its very unlike ill bring anything as solo author from now one, like i said i guess i only will have time to work as co-author

Broken Arts, i would like to hire you to record soon a voice for a new character in a upcoming fm, what you say?

You got it! Just send me a PM. :-)

stuck

I have grabbed the keycard in Argelos room, but I can't find a key to open his lockers and chest; moreover, I can't enter the room where the sitting mech is.

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    ok where is the second god damn button ?? got two torches and one button where is that second one
    second button ison top of a water arch...
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...

Nice Fun FM. In 3rd part, Rescue, can someone just tell me what part of town the Assassins Guild is in. Also, I have a blue key that doesn't work on the only lock I can find. Need a clue please.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Hope Vincent,

You will need more than 1 key to enter the Guild including I think (?) your blue key.

Sounds like you may have located the Guild already but to progress you will need to read the note/scroll from the Assassins Leader that you probably have in inventory - and follow some side tasks (ones that aren't shown in your main Objectives).
    Last edited by Sagittal; 27th May 2010 at 12:09.

Very nice mission so far. I like everything, but if there is a thing I don't like is playing without my lockpicks. I am in Mission 1, and it's getting frustrating, so please can anybody give me a hint?

Master Builder 2018
    You will need to first get the key to Brother Agrelos' footlocker. You'll find one lock pick in there. Use it on the footlocker in Priestess Virginia's room and you'll get the other lock pick.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast