TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: T3 FM: Blue Rose (01.11.2013) Update: v3.0

Kinos room

Hello,
    i Need a Little bit help.
    I can not find Kinos Room and his ring socket to open the secret door.
    thanks.
    Last edited by burningfire; 22nd Mar 2014 at 12:28.

Thanks for your answer.

The ring i have already found but i can't find the Location on the Picture (the one with Kino's Room)

can you give me a hint more.

Thanks.

Ahh... - verry thanks, now i found it.

Ok i need a clue to find the key to the gates to the church hall
    I can jump down into the hall but i can not find a way out.
    Thanks.

Man with key standing at the window

Quote Originally Posted by Savar View Post
    Man with key standing at the window
    which man at which Window.

Down in the church hall ?

Thanks.

P.S.: a very nice mission.

I really need some help here. I do not find the Enforcers Potion. All other objectives are completed. There is a red flask in a shelf on second floor. It looks like it could be picked up, but i cant. Is that the one? I really need a BIG hint, or direct spoiler. Thanks.

*EDIT*
    As usual, found it after i post about it.
    If there is anyone else who want to know where it is, just look at this bonus video from Savar: http://youtu.be/BmsVXqc2IAo
    After you pushed the book shelf.
    Last edited by Beltzer; 21st Feb 2015 at 09:54.

Just started playing Blue Rose v3. I'm still exploring the first area, where the library is, and my SU has crashed three times. It says it's stopped working. Any solutions please?

SU can crash in some missions, I never had a problem with it in Blue Rose, but yes in some other missions it was a pain, I'll PM Snobel, he's the expert on SU, I'm sure he can give better advise.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Even if it says "T3 Sneakily Upgraded stopped working" chances are it's good old Thief 3 crashing - the patch really doesn't do much once the game is up and running. Unfortunately there's not much to do about random CTDs.

But if it's a reproducible crash, uploading a save wouldn't hurt: Turn on the Plaintext Save Names tweak if you haven't already, Load the save you want and then quicksave. Find your savegames folder through the SU start menu program group, look for the folder named "Quick Save" and zip it up, then upload it somewhere.

If you're not far along in the FM, it's probably best to start over. But if it happens again, do upload that save.

Is there a reason for the ladder that's to the left of where we start? I don't see that it goes anywhere except round the ledge a little bit,

Another question.. Every time I try to kill the spy the game ends., and I'm not done yet

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by llanita; 10th Feb 2016 at 07:14.

Spy is staring (with the blue cloud). It is unacceptable that he saw you.

Quote Originally Posted by Savar View Post
    Spy is staring (with the blue cloud). It is unacceptable that he saw you.
    Right, that's the one I stabbed. He didn't see me, I came up from the side.

UPDATE. The same thing just happened in The Secret Room. I bj someone sitting down and the mission failed. I reloaded and made a sound to get him to stand up then I hit him again and no problem
    Last edited by llanita; 10th Feb 2016 at 14:37.

Hello,

can you reupload the following picts please?

Kinos Ring http://i7.pixs.ru/storage/1/9/3/Kino...4_11470193.jpg
    Kinos Room http://i7.pixs.ru/storage/1/9/5/Kino...0_11470195.jpg and
    find the button http://i.pixs.ru/storage/4/0/0/butto...4_11489400.jpg

Thank You!

The Blue Rose v3.0

The architecture in The Blue Rose is spectacular, both the areas outside and inside of the main building. The mission is a showcase for how good T3 fan missions can look. I especially liked the central hall filled with beams of light and the detailed building decorations in the garden areas outside.

On the other hand, I wish the beautiful architecture was in service of better gameplay. I have a feeling the building came first, and gameplay was more of an afterthought. The corridors are both confusing and repetitive. There are so many sleeping quarters I lost count. A plentitude of AIs are either sitting in a chair or standing with their back against a wall. Each time, I had to make noise to draw them out, then waited until they relaxed again, then easily knocked them out. It got boring.

Then there is the issue I had with Savar's two previous missions The Keeper and The Hotel as well: Gameplay often revolves around finding secret rooms. If you miss a hidden button, lever, or entrance somewhere, you are stuck. Savar forces players to search every room carefully. But even if you are constantly looking for secrets, chances are you will still miss a small button in a dark corner at one point. I have not yet completed a Savar mission without needing hints.

The mission info file says this mission is a showcase for "the most interesting faction", the Enforcers Order. This is the faction that Savar made up on his own. Sounds a bit self-aggrandizing if you ask me. Having read all journals in the mission, I still don't know what the Enforcer Orders goals are or how their doctrine is different from the Keepers.

Stats:
    • Expert difficulty
    • 166 minutes
    • 95% loot
    • 4 hints needed

Elements I liked:
    • The size and detail level of the Enforcer Order's compound is impressive.
    • The architecture is spectacular: cathedral spires on the outside, large halls filled with beams of light on the inside.
    • I enjoyed the climbing from balcony to balcony.
    • Some of the more generic Garrett quips from original missions are placed at fitting locations.
    • The grave of brother Krellek and journals referencing him were neat reference to the T3 fan mission Krellek's Labyrinth.

Elements that could be improved:
    • The layout on the inside is confusing, especially because the endless sleeping quarters look so similar to each other and because there are teleporters.
    • Like Savar's previous missions The Keeper and The Hotel, there are several mandatory and quite difficult to find secret areas which will get players stuck.
    • I climbed up the ladder near the starting location to the roofs, then got stuck between walls and had to reload. As far as I can tell, this ladder does not lead anywhere useful. Why is it in the mission?
    • The book about Gamall, Deborah/Lauryl and "Artemius" retconning the story of Deadly Shadows is cringeworthy.
    • Amusing how "Lair" is consistently misspelled as "Liar" in the journals.
    • In a room with two masked Enforcers and First Enforcer Lucas sitting at a round table, I was able to steal the glasses from Lucas's face. It did not alert him.
    • Down the ladder in Eric's cell, there is a shaft that leads to a black, untextured rectangle.
    • In a secret room that can be accessed by toppling a bookcase in a room next to the bell tower, there is a black, untextured circle in a vent.
    • The hidden lever that opens the room with the secret Letter of the Glyphs is impossible to see from any angle. I found it only by blind-frobbing.
    • A victrola in the bell tower can be frobbed but does not play any sounds.

Bugs:
    • You can walk through the railings of all balconies. This might be intentional, but it felt weird.

Hints needed:
    1. I did not think of slashing the bookcase in the room next to the bell tower. How was I supposed to know this one bookcase among dozens can be moved?
    2. How was I supposed to know who the spy was? I found that person early on, but I don't remember any clues on the spy's identity in journals. Wondering if I missed a clue somewhere.
    3. Failed to see the Enforcer's Alphabet when I searched the room where it is located.
    4. Missed the button that opens the secret area in the lower libraries and therefore had no clue on where to find the key that opens the exit of the mission.

The Blue Rose v2.0

Even having played v3.0 before, I needed a total of 6 hints from fortuni's excellent walkthrough to complete v2.0. Some of the many mandatory secrets are downright sadistic. At one point, you even must leverage an engine glitch to progress.

I would recommend v3.0 over v2.0.

Stats:
    • Expert difficulty
    • 191 minutes
    • 95% loot
    • 6 hints needed

Elements that I think are better in v2.0 than in v3.0:
    • The teleporters (doors leading into the building, blue mist inside and outside of the building) are absent. This made the map less confusing.
    • There is a healing potion in the room of the Enforcer who wants to leave the order. In v2.0, it can be picked up normally. In v3.0, for some reason I could not.
    • The identity of the spy is easier to discern in v2.0: You find his journal in which he writes about being appointed as "watcher of the temple" and being afraid of heights. A window leads to where he is sitting in a large hall. In v3.0, I found this journal in another part of the building. Since it wasn't near the large hall, I wondered if the spy was maybe outside on the balconies somewhere. The changed location of the journal with the hint made it so it didn't help anymore in v3.0.

Elements in v2.0 that I think were improved in v3.0:
    • You can enter the main hall through the front gates.
    • Removing loot glint for most of the loot in v2.0 was a bad idea. It forces players to pick up every single item in the mission to check if it counts as loot. If you drop items near enemies, they will be alerted. This means, after you picked up any item that does not count as loot, you either must find a safe spot away from enemies to drop it, or you will have to reload. My approach was to blackjack everyone in the vicinity of an item before picking up it up. I did not have to do this in v3.0 because Savar responded to player feedback and reintroduced loot glint in that version.
    • Having a fence and a shop in a presumably secret compound like this feels off. Removing all shops in v3.0 made sense. One neat thing I noticed: There is an invisible man hiding in the shadows of the shop.
    • There is a door with blue mist around it in the library area that becomes accessible after you push a hidden button in an alcove. It teleports you to the outside area in the north. You cannot directly get back to the previous room after you used this door / teleporter and must either reload or take the long way around to get back there. I did not understand what the purpose of this is.
    • The hidden staircase in the room with the clock is broken. It is difficult climbing these steps.
    • After being teleported from the hidden room with Eric's Hammer to the bell tower, I got stuck in the rafters and had to reload.
    • In v3.0, the Enforcer on the outside platform above the main entrance was removed and the player can no longer get teleported there from the room with Eric's Hammer. This area felt unfinished in v2.0: You cannot sneak up on the Enforcer. If you alert him with noises nearby, he does not move. The only way I managed to get to the loot and to the two arrows behind him was by throwing a flash bomb in his face, then sneaking by him, waiting for him to relax, then knocking him out from behind. Also, there seems to be no good way down from this platform. All I could do was to jump on the railing, slowly slide down along the wall to one of the large statues next to the main gate, and from there onto the ground.
    • The sound of the fountain a few steps to the south of the starting location is dodgy: You can only hear it if you are close, and it cuts off abruptly if you are not standing in the right spot.
    • I could not enter the clock like in v3.0. I had to topple a statue by simultaneously walking towards it and slashing it with the dagger. This made this mandatory secret both harder and awkward to access.
    • The location of the Secret Letter of the Glyphs feels unfair: You must jump off halfway down a ladder onto a ledge AND then walk through a wall. There are no hints in the mission this is where you need to go. I only knew what to do in v2.0 with foreknowledge from v3.0. Otherwise, I would have been stuck at that part as well.

Bugs:
    • The mission does not end if all objectives are complete but the secret "Find a secret letter of the Glyphs" objective has not been triggered yet by reading a specific journal.
    • From the balconies onto the ledges at the edge of the map, it is easy to go out of bounds and to end up in place without exit where you have no choice but to reload.
    • There is a frobbable victrola in the attic that does not play any sounds.

Hints needed:
    1. The climb up to Servantes' balcony across the flying buttress is blocked by a pillar. It does look impossible, but Garrett somehow clips halfway into the pillar, making it possible for him to traverse THROUGH the pillar. Players are expected to find that out by themselves. This was the most unfair thing I have seen in T3 fan missions since the near-impossible rooftop climb in The Keeper v2.0, also by Savar.
    2. Found the three crates but failed to see the grate in the ceiling of the same room.
    3. Did not find the secret room that can be opened with Kinos' key.
    4. At one point in the mission, I had completed all but the "Get out of the Blue Rose" objective. The mission would not end when I got back to the starting location. Turns out you must trigger and complete the secret "Find a secret letter of the Glyphs" objective first.
    5. Failed to see the small key to Eric's room on the table because my mind had focused on the big, highlighted book next to it.
    6. Could not find the exit. I had searched the other niches next to the correct one, but somehow never stepped into the it and saw the blue mist.

Spiral staircases in T3 have always been a pain, the trick is to go up them hugging yourself as close to the central pillar as possible.

If you think that spiral staircase is a pain wait till you play Thief Rising GE, in the last mission (or second to last) you have to do a speed run against the clock which in itself is a nightmare, but it also includes a spiral staircase.

I started to chuckle when I read your description of the spiral staircase of pain in Thief Rising GE. Can't wait to experience that horrible sequence myself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234