TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Shadows In Our Blood (01-08-12), updated to v2.0 (28-06-12)

whoopee !

Hello Taffers

I've been offline for a month (a month!!!), so imagine my joy on finding this gem of a level on my return. And yes, I've been in here looking for spoilers. I have to say though, being unable to access the old intertubes has made me replay some old favourites with renewed vigour, and gritty determination. (Don't think I've got the brains to have made this one on my own, though)
    Thanks for a dark, challenging and thought provoking mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I may have encountered a bug. When I used the gloves on the bolt cutters, the cutters just vanished. They're not in the room or my inventory, and I'm not sure what to do next as I'm stuck I think unless I can get in that room.
    You need to use the gloves on the cutters, cool them down and use them to cut the wires to gt into the lab. There's no other way in there.

I don't think it's a bug. Take a reload and try again.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I may have encountered a bug. When I used the gloves on the bolt cutters, the cutters just vanished. They're not in the room or my inventory, and I'm not sure what to do next as I'm stuck I think unless I can get in that room.
    Please check PM.

What a beautiful mission! In a VERY sinister way!

Thank you. A beautiful FM

Marvelous game. The ending saddened me though.
    Thanks for making it Haplo!

Very interesting mission. Sounds, animations, story - perfect!
    Part of it reminded me a "Hostel" movie

Only needed a spoiler about the switch in the training room.
    Thank you for the mission!
    Little complaine: just as soon as the last objective dinged "complete" the game crashed to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Romashka01 View Post
    Little complaine: just as soon as the last objective dinged "complete" the game crashed to desktop.
    Strange. Did you try restarting the game and loading your save game to see if it happens every time?

Playing on Expert, stuck because the Head Torturer (I assume that is him) is always facing the door. Yes, I've reloaded and started the entire Jail sequence over. No alerts at all, and still he faces the door. He's not on alert, just clearing his throat from time to time.

Also, I can sneak up on the other two and steal the key without alerting them, but as soon as I have the key the female turns around, which seems a little unfair after a successful sneak. In the end I decided decided to leave them alone and go for the other key first and take them out later, but of course, as I described above, he is always facing the door and there is no way to sneak up on him.

Any pointers? I'm very good at sneaking, and anyway, as I've said above, he isn't alerted -- just facing the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Playing on Expert, stuck because the Head Torturer (I assume that is him) is always facing the door. Yes, I've reloaded and started the entire Jail sequence over. No alerts at all, and still he faces the door. He's not on alert, just clearing his throat from time to time.

Also, I can sneak up on the other two and steal the key without alerting them, but as soon as I have the key the female turns around, which seems a little unfair after a successful sneak. In the end I decided decided to leave them alone and go for the other key first and take them out later, but of course, as I described above, he is always facing the door and there is no way to sneak up on him.

Any pointers? I'm very good at sneaking, and anyway, as I've said above, he isn't alerted -- just facing the door.
    The torturer always faces the door. You can't sneak up on him, you'll need to solve a few puzzles in order to get his key.
    You need the key from the other guys in order to be able to continue. The woman turns around every minute or so, therefore if you really want to sneak then wait at the doorway until she turns around and then goes back to her job, then make your move. This way you'll have about a minute at your disposal for the pickpocket

[/SPOIL]
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    The torturer always faces the door. You can't sneak up on him, you'll need to solve a few puzzles in order to get his key.
    You need the key from the other guys in order to be able to continue. The woman turns around every minute or so, therefore if you really want to sneak then wait at the doorway until she turns around and then goes back to her job, then make your move. This way you'll have about a minute at your disposal for the pickpocket
    Ah. Thank you. I started again on Easy. But I'll be playing this one again. Nice (uh, sort of) mission.

Edit -- now in my second try I get to the room with the 2 torturers, and yes, I wait until the female turns around, but once she turns around she just starts hitting her companion and never stops. Never.
    Last edited by Fraser; 11th Aug 2010 at 02:04.

This happened to me during testing - the sequence sometimes gets borked. Reload an earlier save and try again, timing your approach differently.

I just updated the mission, hopefully I have been successful in fixing this issue.

yes, i did try to restart the game and load a savegame, and it still crashes to desktop every time

I'm in the training room. Can't find the switch! Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kece View Post
    I'm in the training room. Can't find the switch! Where is it?
    Up on the support beams, close to the door way.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Up on the support beams, close to the door way.
    Thanks! I was sniffing around for 15 minutes without success!

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    This happened to me during testing - the sequence sometimes gets borked. Reload an earlier save and try again, timing your approach differently.
    I was enjoying it, watching her give that bad man what for.

Very good mission, if a trifle disturbing.
    Last edited by Fraser; 11th Aug 2010 at 23:42.

where's reza's note #2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    where's reza's note #2?
    Hint 1: The first place that he would have been taken to in Meat Mincer.
    Hint 2: In the temporary cells, where you found Benny.

ye gods! that torture chamber was nasty

thank you for for the game ..... and for the nightmares I'm going to have

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    ye gods! that torture chamber was nasty

thank you for for the game ..... and for the nightmares I'm going to have
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    What did you find in the armory? Use it to see something that's hidden
    I don't understand..................Pls spoil me.....
    Concerning the safe code I haven't found any useful readable......

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Maga, you should have found a readable that tells you what room the code is in... you'll have to be clever to figure out how to see it from there.

Hint: You'll have to give up an inventory item permanently to see it.

Yandros, I don't think I have that readable..........go and check again, but have re-read all the scrolls in my inventory. BRB

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast