TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Shadows In Our Blood (01-08-12), updated to v2.0 (28-06-12)

I don't know how to blue the text here for any spoilers so be warned.

I've been in the torture chambers and I see some sort of thingy sticking out of some ashes, but it doesn't highlight, so that must not be the wire cutters. Where are they? From all the clues I got from this forum, they must be in fire somewhere and then I need to cool it off somewhere. First though, I need to find the cutters. Spoil me please, it's been hours.

I knew once I put this message in that I would find them. Jeesh.

Janie

PS Haplo, this mission is unique. Been playing FM's for a long time and never come across something like this before. You have some imagination. Well done.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 1st Nov 2010 at 12:04. Reason: added spoiler cover

For spoilers etc see here. There are examples of all the tags you can use.

You can also select the text you want blued and then click on the "S" icon (above the reply box on the right).

Have a play - you can test it with Preview. Don't press Submit Reply if you are only testing.

What a great mission! Unique and fun puzzles - I feel really smart to have figured them all out.

And finally someone found a legit use for the: scouting orb

Wooow! Haplo, that was good! And clever. And with nice, easygoing flow of actions and steps. Thank you, I love your missions!

Shadows in or Blood

A very good mission, but somewhat flustrating. This one will really try your patience!

Just hang in there.
    Last edited by Kczul; 27th Oct 2010 at 16:51. Reason: spelling

Ghostable?

Has anyone been able to ghost this mission? I could until I got into the room with the double doors upstairs with the 2 guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Landlord View Post
    Has anyone been able to ghost this mission? I could until I got into the room with the double doors upstairs with the 2 guards.
    I didn't make the mission with ghosting in mind. I don't think you can get past the spiders at the beginning without being seen for example.

However there is a light switch in the room that you mentioned.

Simple question: how to access the cefeteria? Key? Switch? I finished everything but havent been there.

Quote Originally Posted by JacekA View Post
    Simple question: how to access the cefeteria? Key? Switch? I finished everything but havent been there.
    You can't get in there. Since you have finished everything else I presume you have found out how to read its notice board.

Yes, I finished the mission but still lack some loot, I've read here that some of it is in the cefeteria so...?

One more: what tiny switch in the wastebin were u talkin about earlier?

BTW: great and original work again! it's more and more difficult to come up with sth new and exciting in Thief FM's but you prove it's still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JacekA View Post
    Yes, I finished the mission but still lack some loot, I've read here that some of it is in the cefeteria so...?

One more: what tiny switch in the wastebin were u talkin about earlier?
    I have no idea what you are talking about! Where did I mention such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    There are two small switches in this mission. Each one comes with a clue: one in the chest downstairs, one in the clerk's wastebasket upstairs.
    My fault, you've written about clues, not switches here.

Congrats once again
    Master Builder needs thee so keep taffin' around!

Good job Haplo!

Quite enjoyable little short story!
    (The denouement was specially poignant!)

I applaud your choice of greyscale in the second area.
    Gives it that certain "edge" ya know!

I most likely wont be replaying it though, not because it was'nt fun (it was), but because there was just not much to do in it as far as replaying is concerned - now if it had been a bigger mission?

But even then, I might not because it leaves a bad taste in THIS Garrett's mouth to have been so impotent as to paying back those sick sadistic SOBS what they deserve - namely - a bloody death by my sword or arrow!

one suggestion if you ever update it:

have a dewdrop that Garret can find and add in to the denouement (somehow) something to the effect of the daughter finding it left somewhere for her?
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 5th Feb 2011 at 01:52.

Anyone else find this message?

In the training room, if you shoot an arrow at any of the targets, the following text show above the screen:

"Si Maite, una yunta de bueyes..."

Is in Spanish, and the translation would be:

"Yes Maite, a yoke of oxen ..."

(Being "Maite " a woman's name.)

So... Who the hell is Maite? And why she has a yoke of oxen?

hahahaha

Anyone else is getting this message? Or is it just me?

Thanks!

(Click to enlarge)

To crack this mystery, go back to Insanity's Crescendo and hit the target in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    To crack this mystery, go back to Insanity's Crescendo and hit the target in there.
    Now I understand. Hahahaha

Thanks!

A nice (well, in a sense) mission. A few gripes, though.

Sword in the armory being unpickable. What was the point of placing it there then? Along with the blackjack, too...
    Unexpectedly loud surfaces in torture chambers -- but even more so, "ambient" music that was loud enough to drown footsteps there even on minimal ambient volume setting.
    I managed to miss all the puzzles until I essentially finished the mission.
    spoiler:
    I went up and snuck up onto the two mechanists, stole their key, BJd both, then missed the temporary cells key on the table, so I thought I need one from the crazy guy down in the torture pit... Guess how I got it? Headshot. Rope arrows *DO* damage.
    Only THEN I spent like 30 more minutes looking for the way to get into armory.

And the other thing people complained about. Using things you are used to retrieve (well, the above is a different way you lose them).

You can retrieve the scouting orb if you put it where the loot was (you need to lean in and *put*, not *throw*). You're given two, though, so what's the point?
    The CheeseshireCat

Ghost
    This is frustrating. I can't get anywhere!

Coming up from the sewer, I can get into what I think is the basement: A small, 3-bed barracks, a locker room, training room, etc. I found the switch to open the banner in the training room, which led to what I think is the Captain's room; in there, I found another switch in the safe; but I can't find the secret door in the basement opened by that switch., as Nightwarlker mentioned.

I can't get anywhere else, because the cameras are still active. I have no idea how to shut them off... though I thought somebody suggested the switch is in the Captain's room; if so, I can't find it.

Thus I can only get to some of the basement (the part not covered by the Watcher), and a little bit of the next floor up (the part not covered by the Watcher). I cannot get any farther. (I remember someone having found a note warning against fooling around in the locker room; if there is a switch in the locker room in the basement, I can't find that, either.)

I must be missing something huge and obvious... can somebody please clue me in?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Edit: And before anybody asks, no I have not been in the armory, no I have not been in the cafeteria, no I have not been in the torture chambers or anywhere other than the places I note above.
    Last edited by Dafydd; 12th Jun 2011 at 02:08. Reason: To save time.

Something huge and obvious indeed...in the records room, look up. To get the record room you have to time it correctly to avoid the watcher. Make use of the other rooms in the hallway, they provide useful hiding places..

Ghost
    Yeah, I finally figured that out. I don't think this mission is ghostable; once I gave up the ghost and just KOed everyone, I was able to get quite a ways -- into the torture chamber area (B&W), and into the control room there.

I still haven't gotten into the armory yet, though I knocked out all the AIs except for the body-builder torturer -- who has a key, but I can't get at him yet, not enough firepower with just my blackjack.

I'll search this thread to see if I can buy a clue about getting into the armory.

Thanks,

Dafydd

To get into the armory: get the key of Benny in the mechanist cell.

Ghost
    Finished -- but somehow I missed exactly 300 loot.

An -- interesting -- mission there, Haplo...!

Dafydd

Hi all

I finally got around to updating this mission. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time.

Download it here.

Changes in version 2.0:
    - Added an optional objective
    - Extended the torture lab
    - Many game-play tweaks and improvements

Thanks to Nickie for her help with testing this version.

The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Komag View Post
    Both of these fail because the file name is incorrect, and the lnk for Haplo comes up the same.

The link in the initial post works. The three (two here one above) return faulty file names.
    Last edited by theBlackman; 28th Jun 2012 at 14:12.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast