TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricky Truck - new game from "Sumotori Dreams" developer Archee

Level 10,000 achieved

Tricky Truck - new game from "Sumotori Dreams" developer Archee

I just dowloaded this, played it for half an hour and then spent two hours putting together a gameplay video of it.

Tricky Trucks won't make you howl with laughter the way Sumotori Dreams did, but it makes up for that by being genuinely fun and challenging to play instead. Think of it as one of those obsctacle levels from Trackmania, except instead of a nimble little sportscar, you're driving a big rig, and you need to get your payload with you all the way to the finishline. The graphics aren't much to look at and controller customization is nonexistant but it's a lot of fun and it doesn't cost a dime, so give it a spin!

Download it here (19 MB)

Some of those later levels look hellish. I can imagine someone up at 3AM seething because they can't get the truck around a bend, and wondering where they went wrong in life

BANNED
    Level 8 hahahah you got to be kidding me.

This is great, the graphics are great and it's just given me a new found respect for truck drivers.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Version 1.31 released!

-TWO more challenges!
    -physics improved
    -but best of all: Online scoreboard!
    And it's no regular scoreboard, next to each players name and time is a Replaybutton that lets you see their race. Very handy for figuring out how the pros do it, although sometimes it'll just leave you gobsmacked and convinced you'll never be able to duplicate the manuevers some of these really good players pull off. Like the Yank in the #1 spot of the Overpass-level who pulls a U-turn on the bridge. The scoreboard also features a "Country" display. Seems like a disproportunately large number of Poles, Russians, and Finns, like me, have fallen for this game. I don't know... maybe it's because many of us grew up on farms and drove tractors before we had cars means precision-parking large unweildy machines like this holds a special place in our hearts. Whatever it is, this game is really doing it for me.

Level 10,000 achieved

HUUUGEERRR UPDATE

Version 1.61 released!

I know that noone but me gives a shit about this game around here but you fuckers are gonna play this game! You gonna play this game NOOOOWWW! YOU GON PLAY IT OR YOU GON CRY AND PLAY IT! The big update in the new version is CUSTOM LEVELS and LEVELEDITOR! Levels are easy to make and uploaded and downloaded on the fly! So every day when you start up TT(as we "Trucksters" call it on the Tricky Truck forums) you have like 5 new levels to play, right away! It's intuitive as hell. I've already made two levels. The first one was a parkinggarage and it kind sucked but the second one I'm quite happy with. I call it "The Long Way Home".

Here's a video of the level I just made!

Enticed yet!? I think you aaaaarrreeeee! PLAY IT

Don't drink and post

Level 10,000 achieved
    I assure you I am sober as a whistle. I'm just using colorful language to lure people into the enchanted world of parking trucks in their designated loading zones.

Moderator and Priest
    Installing Tricky Truck now. I swear if this isn't as good as you're hyping, Henke, I will find you and punch you.

Level 10,000 achieved
    It is as good as I'm hyping. If it weren't for Minecraft, this would be the indiegame of the year.

Well maybe not. TT certainly doesn't seem to have the same broad appeal that MC does, but personally, I love the shit out of it.

Moderator and Priest
    What do you know, it is kinda fun. Not only do I have a new game to play, but also a newfound respect for truckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    This is great, the graphics are great and it's just given me a new found respect for truck drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    What do you know, it is kinda fun. Not only do I have a new game to play, but also a newfound respect for truckers.
    Presented to you by the American Truck Driver Association. Honk-Honk.

I am now 125th in the world @ the 1st track on Hard mode... That's kinda cool.

Anyway, like the game though it is far outshadowed by Minecraft. Can't believe you even mentioned the 2 in the same sentence, but whatevs. Great game, and great vid henke.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Presented to you by the American Truck Driver Association. Honk-Honk.
    CONVOY-OH SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    I am now 125th in the world @ the 1st track on Hard mode... That's kinda cool.
    Ha! Got you beat. I'm now the 119th best in the world.

Level 10,000 achieved
    104th

You guys DID play my levels didn't you? "ParkingGarage" and "TheLongWayHome", numbers 4 and 6 under the "best user's levels" tab!

I am releasing my new level "DangerousDescent" tomorrow, STAY TUNED!

Moderator and Priest
    I will eventually. I want to get good enough at the default stages before I start branching out with the user made stuff.

Also I didn't even see that tab.

I can't believe you are going to make me play a truck game

My thoughts exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    ...and then spent two hours putting together a gameplay video of it.
    This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country.

Level 10,000 achieved

Sony don't like you

Oh holy shit is that how youtube handles audio-rights? I'd have thought they'd just remove the audiotrack but still show the video.

That Johnny Cash song really tied that Tricky Truck gameplay video together as well!
    Last edited by henke; 14th Oct 2010 at 10:44.

Level 10,000 achieved
    UPDATE: One of my tracks is now number 2 on the best user's levels list. I'm gunnin' for the top spot! I'm the motherfucking Iikka Keränen of this Tricky Truck levelediting SHIT B| X My style is impetuous! My style is impregnable! Eno Khaon better watch his back, I want his heart! I wanna eat his children! Praise Allah!

I mean, heh, yeah, I'm doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    hehehe it still works in USA BITCHES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Don't drink and post
    Quote Originally Posted by henke
    I assure you I am sober as a whistle. I'm just using colorful language to lure people into the enchanted world of parking trucks in their designated loading zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic
    Installing Tricky Truck now. I swear if this isn't as good as you're hyping, Henke, I will find you and punch you.

I took a look at the gameplay video... Looks interesting. I don't have to play this game to know that driving a truck is different and or harder than driving a car though.

Seriously, everyone should at LEAST try it. It is a lean download, and essentially 'pick-up-and-play'. I had, and continue to have, a great time playing 20 minute sessions every couple days.

Level 10,000 achieved
    What's your TT username gunsmoke? I'm not seeing you on any of the leaderboards.

I am dude33182f85. I didn't see an option to make a permanent name...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast