TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

Maybe this belongs in a Garrettloader thread, but... whenever I select this mission (and this one only) in GL, I get a "Run-Time Error 55 - File already open" error, and it crashes. I've tried re-downloading the zip, resetting the GL database....

Any ideas?

Villa question
    I have been to the vault, Collette's secret room, done the pipe puzzle, etc. but for the life of me I can not find the loose bricks! Any help please! I'm going nuts here.

Gerhard Eichberger

I'm stuck at the beginning. I always get the Message "Aren't you forgot something of important?" and the door doesn't open.

I have all equipement of the starting room and also
    spoiler:
    flipped the hidden switch and got the flares, cheese and the slow-fall potion

However I can't open the door.

Only once I could open the door and reach the sewers. But after I reloaded the savegame from when I was in the starting room, I always get the message that I have forgotten something important when I try to open the door. This is also true when I restart the whole game.

What do I miss?

Gerhard

Did you take/read the scroll?

Suewan:

Go to the cable car entrance but instead head up the long corridor. About halfway along on your left are 2 sets of loose bricks. You need either a lit torch or a flare to make them frobbable.

CaptSin, that happened to me too, but it helped to read the book again in the story, each time I entered. Afterwards I could pick up my selected stuff.

Canetoad, thanks for the credit, but I needed the help of Sterlino to make it happen for me.

Gloria Creep

BTW: My picture of Bacon is showing now in an earlier reply. I just made a typing mistake ...
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 5th Sep 2010 at 17:04.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Gerhard Eichberger

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Did you take/read the scroll?
    Yes, I did.
    No change.

I can't open the door.

When I smash it open with the sword it opens only a bit but doesn't let me go through.
    I have also tried to destroy the door by an acid flask, but it doesn't function.

What do I wrong?

I play on "Normal".

Gerhard
    Last edited by Gerhard Eichberger; 5th Sep 2010 at 17:10. Reason: Text added.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Eichberger View Post

When I smash it open with the sword it opens only a bit but doesn't let me go through.
    Maybe another problem with the gen.osm. Try to copy it from the zip into the T2-folder. If this doesn't help, here's a savegame

http://www.filefront.com/17261743/HOC_2quick.zip

Canetoad, thank you ever so much. You stopped me from pulling my hair out completely. Onto part 2 at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    CaptSin, that happened to me too, but it helped to read the book again in the story, each time I entered. Afterwards I could pick up my selected stuff....
    Turns out I didn't know numpad + and - are used to scroll through the weapons. The arrows were there all along.

Also, I've searched the thread and haven't found out how to block the pit down in the red water area. I've thrown several crates in but it doesn't work. There's nothing else to pick up. Anyone figure this part out? I hope the switch opens a way out cause the ramp leading in can't be climbed even with speed potions.

I took one of those pills on a whim and saw a giant spider egg. Ok fine, so I drop the giant egg down the hole and watch it fall all the way down with me on top of it.WTF?
    Last edited by CaptSyn; 5th Sep 2010 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    Turns out I didn't know numpad + and - are used to scroll through the weapons. The arrows were there all along.

Also, I've searched the thread and haven't found out how to block the pit down in the red water area. I've thrown several crates in but it doesn't work. There's nothing else to pick up. Anyone figure this part out? I hope the switch opens a way out cause the ramp leading in can't be climbed even with speed potions.

I took one of those pills on a whim and saw a giant spider egg. Ok fine, so I drop the giant egg down the hole and watch it fall all the way down with me on top of it.WTF?
    CaptSyn, After you enter the right code a rope comes hanging down. Collect all that is up their and use the biggest peace on the lavapit. Just throw it and when it gets stuck, then jump down.

Gerhard, I think you missed a key on the table ...

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Haplo, I also got confused by the drawings in the room up the ladder.
    Take the S-shape pipe and click it onto the right spot near the ceiling on the left side, when you enter that "room". Put the switch above to the north. Dón't touch the switch on/off. It needs to be in the off mode. Then put the small pipe on the right in the lowest position. Use the lever to get the green light and something will happen.

Gloria Creep
    Thanks Gloria. This mission has many things that don't make any sense. For example how come my super-duper acid mix can destroy the super kick-ass door in the bank, but can't open a simple wooden locked door?

I agree .... but for me it killed a lot of spiders
    But still: isn't this a terrific FM to play?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Great first mission with lots to explore and i finally managed to finish it but not without help from here, quite hard to figure out without help i would say. Still missing 4 secrets though, but for now i'm moving on.

But i think i have discovered a bug. I purchased a wide variety of weapons before moving on to mission 2, but Thief2 crashed when attempting to start the next mission. On a hunch i had the idea that maybe it was a problem with the fancy new arrows so i started experimenting with wasting them before moving on.

And i found that if i had both a black hole arrow and a hammerite arrow it would crash everytime! Loose one of them before moving on and it would work fine.

I can provide a save with the problem if needed.
    I have the same problem, but even worse: first I could buy the arrows, but then the game crashed when going to mission 2. Then I tried to waste them, but whenever I shoot for example one of the Hammerite Arrows the game already crashes in mission 1. After that I replayed from an earlier save and now strangely I can not even buy one of the fancy arrows anymore - the game crashes in the shop. Its really hairraising.

Anybody knows what could be done against this error? I am playing with the widescreen mod.

Thanks.

Florian: I read about those problems, so I never got to buy them. I just picked up the grappling arrows from the lockbox.I never needed to use these other arrows anyway, always could manage, without them.

Gloria Creep

Gerhard Eichberger

Gerhard, I think you missed a key on the table ...
    I have taken this key. It doesn't open the door in the starting room. The door also can't be opened by the lockpicks.

So, where is the key to this door?

Gerhard

CaptSyn, After you enter the right code a rope comes hanging down. Collect all that is up their and use the biggest peace on the lavapit. Just throw it and when it gets stuck, then jump down.
    I knew that part, but the first time I dropped the big egg in the hole, it fell to the bottom with me on it.

I figured it out after a few tries.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Eichberger View Post
    Gerhard Eichberger

I have taken this key. It doesn't open the door in the starting room. The door also can't be opened by the lockpicks.

So, where is the key to this door?
    There is no key for the room door and it can't be picked. If you forget a crucial item you wont be able to leave - but as you have everything (sword, blackjack, lockpicks, money and key/ read scroll?) you must have a special problem . There is a secret under the cupboard that would give you a further item but it should not be necessary to leave in a normal game - could be worth trying.

Have you tried to re-download the mission or maybe try the savegame that fibonacci posted?

Thanks Sterlino for this awesome mission !

It took me well a couple of hours to complete mission 1 and I enjoyed every minute of it !
    Quite a cool set of new features and some interesting puzzles !

However it took me way over half an hour to figure out the pipe-puzzle.
    And I still do not get any scheme into it and could not tell how to reproduce it although I found the drawings.

I think there are some glitches on the loot, though:
    I ended up with 8277/5218 (with 700 spend on equipment in the shop).
    Using LazyTaffer I found that the items in the weaponshop have negative $-value
    and seem to be added to the total (-3625 g, if I did not miscalculate).
    So the total should actually be 9543 (minus whatever you really spend in the shop)?

Also, since the loot is carried over to mission 2, I had (with 8277 in my pocket) technically completed the 7000g objective already and it checked off as soon as I picked up the first loot-item.

Regarding the No-Kill objective:
    Is it intended that even kills on spiders/rats fails this objective ?
    Even when the big spider in the severs with the broken 6-keypad killed some crazy rats, it fails.

Otherwise, this is a gorgeous mission !
    Last edited by gnartsch; 6th Sep 2010 at 08:03.

Sterlino, do you have a list of all the differences in the 3 difficulties or are there nearly none besides the number of guards? I know there are explosive barrels in easy mode at the beginning for example that are not there on hard and expert - are there more differences?

BANNED
    I just put acid on the door, it opens and I hear a ping. According to the mission details, I have to wait for two pings of the bell for the alarms to shut off. I just hear one ping and I am just sitting there for about 15 to 20 minutes and I don't hear the second ping. Do I really have to wait any longer for the damn bell to ring twice? Is there something wrong, Sterlino, or do you literally expect us to wait hours for this bell to ring twice?
    Last edited by taffer19; 7th Sep 2010 at 13:48.

taffer19: no, you should put acid onto normal door (so no vault door). After a small smoke the door opens. Then the bell rings twice in seconds. So definitely no tens of minutes nor hours !

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    taffer19: no, you should put acid onto normal door (so no vault door). After a small smoke the door opens. Then the bell rings twice in seconds. So definitely no tens of minutes nor hours !

No, that is what I did. I don't hear two rings of the bell, just one. I have loaded the game multiple times but I just hear one ring. When I try to go in the alarm goes off. So the second ring never comes.

STUCK - red water, broken number 6

Stuck!
    I'm in the red water area with the rats and can't get out. I tried swallowing one of those blue pills. A spider egg appeared over the big lava pit, but I can't pick it up or do anything with it. Then it disappears. I haven't found anything that looks like a clue for the number panel with the broken six, and I can't climb back out of the area via the slope.

Do I need to go back to an earlier save and get something I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Stuck!
    I'm in the red water area with the rats and can't get out. I tried swallowing one of those blue pills. A spider egg appeared over the big lava pit, but I can't pick it up or do anything with it. Then it disappears. I haven't found anything that looks like a clue for the number panel with the broken six, and I can't climb back out of the area via the slope.

Do I need to go back to an earlier save and get something I missed?
    No need to go back at all, redleaf!

Check below the pipe outlets: four of them will show something you need. The spider egg episode should make sense shortly!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast