TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Stuck!
    I'm in the red water area with the rats and can't get out. I tried swallowing one of those blue pills. A spider egg appeared over the big lava pit, but I can't pick it up or do anything with it. Then it disappears. I haven't found anything that looks like a clue for the number panel with the broken six, and I can't climb back out of the area via the slope.

Do I need to go back to an earlier save and get something I missed?
    Hi there, Take the hint you got, shuffle the numbers a bit and use the BIGGEST spideregg to throw down the pit. When it gets stuck, jump down ......

I'm sorry Taffers, She's my friend, so I handed her a hand ....
    I bet she already got it ...

BTW: I killed the rats with the acid flasks. Has someone else did this too?
    I never read about it here in this thread

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Hi there, Take the hint you got, shuffle the numbers a bit and use the BIGGEST spideregg to throw down the pit. When it gets stuck, jump down ......

I'm sorry Taffers, She's my friend, so I handed her a hand ....
    I bet she already got it ...

BTW: I killed the rats with the acid flasks. Has someone else did this too?
    I never read about it here in this thread

Gloria Creep
    Those rats are very poor sewer rats. Sewer rats can swim for a long time under water. These can't. Just stand in the water close to the platform and let them jump at you into the water and drown. However, Gloria's solution is pretty cool

Bjack: those rats never got into the water or followed me there. They all just stayed up on their platform.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

I killed the rats with sword...

Ok tried every combination (I think)
    gas, short cut, fire, bursts,etc... Created everything but could not make a hole to the vault.

Hole in Vault

Quote Originally Posted by SneaksieRaven View Post
    Ok tried every combination (I think)
    gas, short cut, fire, bursts,etc... Created everything but could not make a hole to the vault.
    I & many people have had problems with the pipes to break into the vault.... but the following works fine for me. From the start - ideally before having experimented with any other combinations:

1 Insert longest stepped pipe in pipe hole in ceiling (left-end of control wall)
    2 Insert short straight pipe into lowest pipe hole of the 3 (opposite right-end of control wall)
    3 Small square ON/OFF switch should be in OFF position.
    4 High circular valve should be turned CLOCKWISE (ie handle pointing to the TOP)
    5 Large UP /DOWN switch should be set to DOWN (green light above it will light)

A red glow should come out of the end of the stepped pipe and the wall will explode within a few seconds.

If I had tried out lots of unsuccessful combinations, then occasionally, I could still get it to work with the combination above - but not guaranteed. If it failed I would then play around with the controls in 3 and 4 above - and maybe take out and reinsert the pipe in 2 - but always 1, 2 and 5 needed to be as above.

There is no need for the other 2 pipes. Also the electrical switch behind the glass just makes the light fall down from the ceiling! - a Sterlino joke ; ) .
    Last edited by Sagittal; 8th Sep 2010 at 18:23. Reason: clarity?

Thank you, Gloria

Right off, I want to say THANK YOU to STERLINO and CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm getting stuck a lot, but totally loving this mission!

Thank you, Gloria! I feel like a real dummy, and of course, went thru all my readables again and found the hint for this area before coming back and reading your reply. It worked just like you said!

I like how you dealt with the rats - maybe I'll go back to a previous save just to see how that works!

This mission is an explorer's DREAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    I & many people have had problems with the pipes....
    I *think* you must activate the machinery first, though (you will hear when it is ON).
    But I might be wrong.
    If not: short pipe into the upper position and U-pipe into the ceiling and play around with the switches.
    However make sure NOT to play with the switches too fast, since they seem to get out-of-sync if put to OFF/ON/... too fast. If you do it too fast, the switch-position may indicate 'OFF', but the corresponding gauge may indicate 'ON'. (Not sure if this is important, but I think it is better to mention it)
    Make sure to take step 5 LAST.

Then should follow the sequence provided by Saggital, I guess.

Hell, I can't tell either what exactly needs to be done.

I'm sorry Gnartsch, but this isn't the way to do it.
    The way you described just sets off some firebeams in that space.
    I did that the first time.

I mentioned it already in a spoiler and Sagittal said it already:

Put the S-shaped pipe onto the spot near the ceiling, on the left.
    Put the lever near the ceiling in the middle of the room to the north.
    Don't touch the on/off button. I should be in the off mode.
    Click on the lowest highlighted spot on the right to put the pipe in it's right place and then use the lever near the red light. The light will turn green now and something will happen.

Gloria Creep

Jeanne, you need to use the key on the small box on the wall (I think). Then you are able to use the code that opens the vault.
    You don't have to do anything with the rays.

Thank you to both SAGITTAL and GLORIA CREEP for unsticking me from the red water area.

I am almost into the Villa, but the game keeps crashing and it seem the last few saves since the weapons shop excursion are corrupt. Most likely culprit: blowing all my new-found wealth on fancy weaponry in the shop. I cannot get any of those weapons to appear anyway. There is no number pad for cyclng the weapons on my laptop. Just want to warn folks that this might happen to you, too. So I'm going back to the last save that works, and buying standard weapons only before going on to the Villa.

sorry where is the gold box containing arrows Grapple? I was behind the shop but I found nothing!

ok i need help where is the entrance to the vents
    also where are those loose bricks near the fountain close to the drunken guard ? /Benny as always / i'am running in circles for hours now thx for help
    Also i found a bug ?? when i enter the red water area there is some ice alike thing on the water when i move it breaks and ruin my no killing objective.
    one more thing in the red water area there is a swith i can use it but then its one way trip into lava.
    where is cable car entrance ?? by the cable car u mean the elevator wich takes U to the room with 3 guards ??
    Last edited by trudnicki; 10th Sep 2010 at 10:15.

trudnicki,

have you entered the right numbers in the code machine down in the red water area? Only then will you be able to access the vents and do some of the other things you mention. If you need help check this post and the next few including one from Gloria on what to do.

Don't think there are any loose bricks near the drunk guard or fountain . Some loose bricks will come later somewhere else.

when i get to the villa mission ends how the hell do i get that key for golden chest ??
    ok via the cable cart but how the hell to get past that guard in broken window ??
    Last edited by trudnicki; 10th Sep 2010 at 12:23.

Redleaf, once you've been taken to jail, you'll not have any weapons. I suppose they are in the chest next to your cell, but I never found a key to open that chest.

What and where is the cable car entrance?

If anyone has a screenshot of it, that would be great. I have no idea where to go to end the mission, but i keep seeing posts about a cable car entrance and using the torch to find some loose bricks, but they keep mentioning red sewers or water and i have yet to get there.

There is a locked sewer lid by some wooden gate that won't open, near the back of the bank with the hole where you drop down to do the pipe puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wamplet View Post
    What and where is the cable car entrance?

If anyone has a screenshot of it, that would be great. I have no idea where to go to end the mission, but i keep seeing posts about a cable car entrance and using the torch to find some loose bricks, but they keep mentioning red sewers or water and i have yet to get there.

There is a locked sewer lid by some wooden gate that won't open, near the back of the bank with the hole where you drop down to do the pipe puzzle.
    Wamplet, have you been through the gas/pressure system with the gas mask? If not you need to do this to get to the red water area and beyond - dont worry about the cable car, round sewer cover and bricks yet. Check you've got a Sewer Lift Key (from the guardsroom) and go outside via ladder in the blue spider room at the start and through the big pipe

I opened the door with the acid, I heard two strokes of the bell and the alarm is off but as you open the safe? I also have the vault key, but I can not open the panel where you can enter the code!

Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    I opened the door with the acid, I heard two strokes of the bell and the alarm is off but as you open the safe? I also have the vault key, but I can not open the panel where you can enter the code!
    Bluclint, do you have a "strange object" (electronic card)? If not look again where you got the vault keys for a secret. You will need to use it to open the panel.

EDIT: Not the one in the crate with the Red Cross - find the secret in the Bank office (it's called "Strange Object" in inventory).
    Last edited by Sagittal; 11th Sep 2010 at 12:45.

Thanks Sagittal!

Edit:

Damn....the card with the code
    spoiler:
    taken from the box
    does not open any of these branches, which make up!!!

Last edited by bluclint; 11th Sep 2010 at 08:28.

this is complete secret list if anyone interested

1 At the inn room, lever under bed
    2 At the inn room, lever under wardrobe
    3 Gas Conduct, lever on loose brick
    4 Gas Zone Building, button in shaft
    5 Gas Zone Building, upper guard room, behind banner
    6 Switch to open grate to sewers in house with debris
    7 Apartment above weapons shop
    8 Church, lever in water bassin
    9 Entry to Dr. Feather's study
    10 Bank, in office on first floor
    11 Bank, crushing the floor panel with the "x"
    12 Northern sewer corridors, note about pigs
    13 Northern sewer corridors, entrance to Villa
    14 At the south side of main square (where the pub is), above stone bows; Pig 1
    15 Ledge above pipe to gas zone; Pig 2
    16 Balcony high above fountain

great mission going to part 2 at last !!!
    Last edited by trudnicki; 11th Sep 2010 at 10:35.

Thanks for the tip Sagittal.

I completely forgot about the sewer lift door, because i came across it at the beginning of the mission.

I am finally on mission 2 now.

The pipes

I've read through this whole thread, can't find any help. I'm under the X behind the bank. I've read Glorias post about making an explosion, and a flashing light appeared. Nothing happened though. What am I doing wrong?

P.S One of the best missions I've played! YAY!

KarrasEvul, I just PM'd you, but I thought you were just at the start, so forget about that.
    If you folllowed my note about the explosion and you witness that light, look at the pipes end on the right. There should be a hole now which leads to the vault area of the bank..

Gloria Creep

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast