TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

Nice work !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Set your thief2.exe file in "windows xp sp2" compatibility.
    Not sure it is going to work but give a try. In the past it solved many problems.

Also congratulations on the release sterlino. Unfortunately I got my "good" computer for service and waiting anxiously to be repaired so I can play this masterpiece.
    Wow, I was having the same problem, but this actually worked

HOC part 1 was released before Vista too if I remember correctly. Good job Sterlino for Part 2.

Now back to the game

Way in the beginning...

This brick everyone is talking about that gets knocked loose, where Exactly is it ?? I just keeping choking to death without finding a frobable brick anywhere
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 12th Sep 2010 at 23:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    This brick everyone is talking about that gets knocked loose, where Exactly is it ?? I just keeping choking to death without finding a frobable brick anywhere
    I'm right there with you, Acolyte6. Apparently, it's a script related bug but I haven't been able to fix it, so now I've just given up. Too bad, since I really wanted to play this one.

Script problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glasmand View Post
    I'm right there with you, Acolyte6. Apparently, it's a script related bug but I haven't been able to fix it, so now I've just given up. Too bad, since I really wanted to play this one.
    Is there anybody out there that can fix the problem? I really enjoy Sterlino's missions and it would be ashame to miss this one

How about if there's an overide for this elusive brick? Like removing the bricks infront of the door and just picking the lock? I don't know if there are any other faulty things later in the mission, but it sure would be nice to get past this barrier in the beginnning...

Thanks Sagittal, but...

I believe there is another problem, with the "building key" in the next part. It won't open any doors at all. I'm guessing it's supposed to open the one above the middle stairs (not the top one) & since You forgot the Store in this "saved" version I don't have any arrows for the spiders nor water arrows

I believe there is another problem, with the "building key" in the next part. It won't open any doors at all. I'm guessing it's supposed to open the one above the middle stairs (not the top one) & since You forgot the Store in this "saved" version I don't have any arrows for the spiders nor water arrows
    I think you're still OK Acolyte6! You wont be able to use the 'Building's door key' just yet. You need the 'Building's internal door' key first to open the door above the middle stairs. In the room with the blue spider look up for an opening in the ceiling (with a button) to get to a new area!

Don't know what you mean about the Store there's no opportunity to buy any arrows yet .

Thanks again Sagittal :)

Ok, it's working fine now

But now I'm stuck. I'm under the street (where you break the ground with something heavy) what am I supposed to do in there with all the switches and pipe connectors?

While I wait for Thee answer to that question, I'll go explore something else... so much to explore

Is there a sewer key to the manhole close by? When I try using the lock-picks I hear nothing so I can't determine if they're doing anything
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 17th Sep 2010 at 05:48.

Finished it a few days ago. Really fantastic mission pack! Thanks, Sterlino!

Is there anybody out there that can fix the problem? I really enjoy Sterlino's missions and it would be ashame to miss this one.
    Finally got this thing working. I unzipped the mission folder and swapped the gen.osm file with the one in my T2 folder. Now I've got bricks!

... and it's a challenge. I've managed to find the key to the shop lockbox, but I can't find the area behind the shop. How do I get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Glasmand View Post
    ... and it's a challenge. I've managed to find the key to the shop lockbox, but I can't find the area behind the shop. How do I get there?
    Glasmand,

have you been to the bank office yet? - if so you should have the "boiler tubes key" which you'll need.

If you haven't already opened up the secret door in the store room next to the shop search the walls for a switch. Drop down into the tunnel and go round to your right to use the key and get behind the shop. If your way's blocked by a couple of pipes look around where you've just come from.

Sagittal, you're a life saver! I'm off to the bank. Cheers.

Done what I need to do underground in the bank vault but how the hell do I get out?

Yonty, the same way you got in you don't need to go through any rays. Just walk back to the opening in the wall where you managed to make an explotion before.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

dragons claw gas pipe enterance

Downloaded last week tried to play had same trouble as others cannot see Brick with lever deleted and redownloaded again twice but same problem. hole after explosion but no bricks read posts gen.osm but unsure of what to do? Looked in Thief 2 folder and all things look foreign to me, dont want to delete anything in case I cannot play fm's using Darkloader. see many files etc would like to play mission any suggestions?

not sure of scripts ect that are mentioned.
    PC windows XP
    No up with computer language
    not sure of other requirements
    played all keeper missions
    Pirate missions
    Thief DS missions
    Only one have trouble with is Mission X freezes

scaredmum, somewhere in your T2 folder is a file called gen.osm, and somewhere in the zipped mission folder is a file called gen.osm. The names are identical but the files aren't. What you need to do is replace the gen.osm file in your T2 folder with the gen.osm file from the mission folder.
    Don't worry too much about "breaking" something. Don't worry about removing the original gen.osm file. You won't need it (at least, I haven't). but if you do, you can always reinstall T2... or you can back up the file before the swap, and leave a copy on your desktop. Just don't mess around with any of the other files; I'm pretty sure that gen.osm is the culprit.
    I really hope this helps. It did for me (and I'm no computer wiz, either), and it's a very good mission, so it would be a shame for you to miss out on all the fun.
    Last edited by Glasmand; 1st Oct 2010 at 13:08.

HoC2 - gen.osm swap thanks

Thanks Glasmand will give this a try.

HoC2 dragon claw it worked Hee.. Hee..

Quote Originally Posted by scaredmum View Post
    Thanks Glasmand will give this a try.
    OMG it worked it really worked amazing thank you Glasmand, see just a simple i.t. glitch which if you are not computer savy seems major.
    Yes i can play You have made my day cheers as back to work monday better keep playing thief missions before holiday over

Help! No sparks at beginning.

There were a couple early posts about not being able to see the sparks from the broken electric wires at the start of the mission. I tried replacing my gen.osm file as described above but have had no luck. Anyone get this issue solved or have an idea what I can do about it. I really want to play this one. Thank you.

Ok, got it. For some reason when I used my sword to cut the wires I could hear some sparks but could not see them. I was previously using my BJ although I don't know why it would make a difference. I'm all set now so onward!
    Last edited by bobber; 30th Sep 2010 at 13:08. Reason: solved

on page 6 kittycat says the way to the loose bricks is down the steps right of the main gate, a sewer entrance,i cant find one, where is the way to the villa.

doug - in the metal-walled vents, head north past a small red pool, through a 'window', up a few stairs & turn right. The loose bricks will be on your left - easier spotted if you carry a lighted torch.

Further - there's more than 1 set of loose bricks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    doug - in the metal-walled vents, head north past a small red pool, through a 'window', up a few stairs & turn right. The loose bricks will be on your left - easier spotted if you carry a lighted torch.

Further - there's more than 1 set of loose bricks.....
    thankyou i will do that

Hey, excellent mission.

I've managed to get behind the shop but can't open the golden lock box? Any hints on where the key for it is?

Thanks,

You need to get to the cable car, I'm pretty sure there's a readable somewhere that tells you where this key is.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    You need to get to the cable car, I'm pretty sure there's a readable somewhere that tells you where this key is.
    inadvertently made my way into the villa via some lose brick work. I guess I should be happy but I would have liked to tie up the lose ends in part one first. anyway, really super mission!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast