TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

Part 2 crashes upon loading.

Has anyone found a cure for the 'sparks' bug yet?
    So far i've loaded the mission with dark Loader (GL crashes reading the zip).
    Copied all files & folders from the zip manually, including gen.osm.
    Restarted the mission. (I'm running XP)
    Still not able to proceed.

Hit wires - wires broke. Hit pipe 8 times with bj - gas directed to wires. Flipped switch. No explosion or sparks.

I'm going to have to abandon this one I think. It's a shame that after all the hard work that has obviously gone in to it, the mission was released with a serious flaw that many people have encountered.

Maybe someone could post a save game at this point to allow all of us encountering the bug to proceed?
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 10th Oct 2010 at 06:19. Reason: typo

Saved Game

frobbin hood, here is a saved game from just past the exploding bricks

Apparently it got over the immediate problem for anothe taffer but I don't know if it helped to get all the way through the mission (Edit: Yes it should allow you to finish) . Anyway could be worth a go!

For those that don't know:
    • just download the file (choose difficulty level)
    • unzip the quick.sav file
    • copy it to your THIEF2/SAVES folder to replace the current quick.sav file

make sure HoC2 is the current installed FM in Darkloader before replacing the quick.sav.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 26th Oct 2010 at 10:13.

Many thanks for that Sagittal

So far so good.............

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    Part 2 crashes upon loading.
    Check the part 2 thread for a possible cure?

Great mission, now I've got past the spark bug thing !
    A few questions though?

1. Where is the note about the pigs?
    2. Is there a way into Collette's bedroom without jumping past the guard watching her?
    3. I can see the pig on the ledge but can't get close enough to pick it up. How do I get it?
    and..
    4. How do I get out of the bedroom again ?

Oh and the pig near the start shows 'rubble' when I pick it up but won't go into my inventory. Is it supposed to be like this?

Thanks for any assistance.

Typical, solved no1 just after posting! Behind loose bricks in cable car tunnel
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 11th Oct 2010 at 19:34.

frobbin hood,

2. That's the only way in did you use a rope arrow on the beam outside?
    3. I used grapple arrows that you should be able to get now with the key you got in the bedroom
    4. It should be OK back out of the window if you shot a rope arrow into the beam
    5. Rubble pig doesn't go into inventory

Seems you're ok so far!

I can't seem to get the pipes under the bank to do anything... I've followed gloria's instructions an sagittal's.. I really want to do this objective...I MUST do this objective..

I put the stair/s shaped pipe in the hole in the ceiling and put the straight pipe in the bottom part.

set the main switch on
    the on/off to off
    the valve is on

how can i make this work?

Thanks again Sagittal.

Thought i'd missed a way in to the bedroom.
    Never mind, I lured both guards in that area, one at a time intothe cable carwhere they eventually fell out into the chasm of spiders !

Good fun this.

cant find villa read all posts still confused.

This seems to happen to me.
    I get lost then check posts then go over again 10 minutes later
    and now found window on my way again.
    Last edited by scaredmum; 17th Oct 2010 at 01:02. Reason: found the way

I've been attempting the pipe puzzle for the last few hours and it seems broken. I've even followed instructions here and also experimented.

I first managed to get it to shoot fireballs with the 'L' pipe, but couldn't get the 'S' pipe to break the wall. Now I can't even figure out how to get the 'L' to shoot fireballs again.

Have I somehow short circuited the system and need to do something to get it back to the way it was. Also, what do the four switches in the room above do?

EDIT: I just restarted from the beginning and it worked first time. The script had probably failed.
    Last edited by Neb; 17th Oct 2010 at 03:40.

Sterlino,

Breathtaking missions! Sei un genio, ma sul serio... sorprese incessante...

Wouldn't you consider releasing a combined ("campaign") edition of both HOC adventures? Perhaps with an updated version of HOC-1, leaving out - or fixing - the notorious quicksand bug (I'm also among the hopeless victims of that)?
    Maybe others would also welcome the idea

Awesome mission! One of the best I have ever played. So many cool effects, so many things to find.

I was confused with all the posts mentioning the slope/rat/spider/weird egg area as a means to get to the vent system. For me, the whole slope/rat/spider/weird egg thing was just a fun diversion, as I already had access to the vent system. How? I had banged on the floor hatch in the barn until it opened!

Took me forever to to find the way from the vent system to the cable car and brick wall hallway. Eventually, I just bumped into that grate window by accident, and it fell off!

Not satisfied to move on (because I realized I had missed a lot of the mission), I continued to explore.

I needed help from this thread to create the pipe explosion for getting to the vault area. I was on the right track, but I hadnīt noticed the horizontal tube positions in the sketches. It would have been a great help if you could take those documents with you (I took some sketch notes, but they were obviously not complete...).

I didnīt find the bank window by myself, but I still had a grappling arrow because I had been 'flare elevatoring' in the back "wilderness" area with the sewer pipe exit and had reached the upper platform there. (BTW, it was a great idea to have this place be viewable from the highest position in the guard tower. I could see one of those valuable pigs (that I had read about in a note and also seen another close to Colletteīs room), two chests, a door and something else small and shiny. Very nice touch.).

So with this grappling arrow, I explored town and found several more secrets and loot pieces. I now also had the means to go back from Colletteīs room. I had been there before (did a 'panther jump' + mantle from Peeping Guardīs window frame) but had to reload from an earlier save because I couldnīt leave the area.

The vault code hint was completely illogical to me because I interpreted Lombardoīs note about his letter to the wife as an example as to how you can hide the code in a letter. Therefore, I was on the lookout for a "coded" message from the bank manager to someone...
    And then it turns out I should use Lombardoīs letter to his wife? I really donīt get it.

The three big spiders in the chasm below the cable car wire are invincible. You canīt hit them (but they can certainly hit YOU!).

When I was doing some late exploring, I went back to the starting room and found another secret. A trigger moved the armoire, but all I found there was a small shaft with two ladders on the walls and some bones. Whatīs up with that?

At the moment I am at:
    Loot: 8947/9543 (so still nearly 600 left to find! Impressively hidden...)
    Secrets: 16/16
    Pigs: 5 (4 valuable, one worthless)

Moving on to mission 2 now, but I will sure be back for more loot hunting (and later, a replay).
    Last edited by jiansonz; 26th Oct 2010 at 09:44.

I don't want to read all the posts since I just started it and I have not yet any question about the plot but why some objectives on hard and expert are allready checked from the beginning of the game?In hard that I play I have: bonus don't kill innocents and optional don't set off alarms checked.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    I don't want to read all the posts since I just started it and I have not yet any question about the plot but why some objectives on hard and expert are allready checked from the beginning of the game?In hard that I play I have: bonus don't kill innocents and optional don't set off alarms checked.
    That is normal.
    The objectives will turn to 'failed' as soon as you raise an alert or kill innocents.
    It is probably just easier to keep the objectives straight this way.

I thought so,it just was the first time for me to see that an made me wonder who played my game while I was sleeping
    Any way, the alarm obj. failed on me with no apparent reason after a reload around the sewers entrance (big pipe).I don't mind though.
    By the way, Sterlino you ARE crazy,aren't you?
    No wonder why this is a small village; people lose their way to their houses or get dizzy from spining round and round and finally die inside some of your sick mind's constractions.Imagine a poor sales representative trying to reach Canzo to sell say, taperware!...I thing I saw his bones somewere!I realy enjoy myself !I am in mission 2 now.A big Thanks for your craziness.
    I also loved the HoC 1, allthough I had to play on poor for my bj.!

Where is the thread for part 2? I don't seem to find it with search function.

since I found it is here http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=villa+mission
    Last edited by nightchild; 3rd Nov 2010 at 19:14.

Sewers

I have seen this question asked a couple of times in this thread but no answer yet.In area with "red" water and giant spider ,why does the objective for no kills turn red when you break the "ice" after sliding down the ramp? Has anyone gone through this without ruining this objective?

I'm having issues what to do next. I cannot access the big metal door underneath the supplies shop, cannot find the key to the black box in the secret area behind the shop (hidden pipes area), used a torch from the church to look for frobbable blocks with no luck. I've gathered 12 Dr. Feather's Pills, found three maps for BANK pipes, cannot open sewer hatch behind bank, have a mech cabin key (wher ever that is) and have a sewer lift key. Also, found the new area below the blue spider with a series of short tunnels that lead to an entrance requiring a gold cog key. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 7th Nov 2010 at 17:42. Reason: Please use spoiler cover!!!!

dbrilliant, did you pick up a key in the guardroom Edit: called the "Sewer Lift Key" near the exit onto the street at the start?

If so take it to the new area you found and try and do some exploring through those short tunnels Edit: you will find where to use it there.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 7th Nov 2010 at 19:34. Reason: Clarify the key name

Yes... that was the first visit out in the city. I got the key.

I forgot to add.. I tried all keys on that door.
    Last edited by dbrilliant; 7th Nov 2010 at 19:11. Reason: Woops..

Answer to No Kill Objective

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Landlord View Post
    I have seen this question asked a couple of times in this thread but no answer yet.In area with "red" water and giant spider ,why does the objective for no kills turn red when you break the "ice" after sliding down the ramp? Has anyone gone through this without ruining this objective?
    I think only Sterlino can really tell us why breaking the ice fails the no kill objective as there doesn't seem to be a real logic to it, however......

..there is a way through it without ruining the objective. If you stand on the rock in the water and use a fire arrow ("Flames Arrow") or the new "Magic Flames Arrow" on the ice sheet it will shatter/melt the ice but the objective should still be OK. Arrows available to buy at the shop only!

I believe that was the sewer hatch key which didn't work. I see water and gears in this room with a long corridor to get to the door.

One of the 1st things I see w/IE 9 is that the spoiler function doesn't work.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Nov 2010 at 13:04. Reason: Spoilers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    dbrilliant, did you pick up a key in the guardroom Edit: called the "Sewer Lift Key" near the exit onto the street at the start?

If so take it to the new area you found and try and do some exploring through those short tunnels Edit: you will find where to use it there.
    The only place to use a key, besides the unlockable door is where the shop keepers secret stash is as and the Lomabardi attic stuff. I was able to pick that lock. Pardon the "no spoilers" Internet Exploder 9 doesn't handle spoliers evidently. The only 3 places I can see is that there's a peep hole I cannot look through, a waterfall drain I cannot climb down and a metal rail beside the unlockable door with a pipe below I cannot get over.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Nov 2010 at 13:06.

The key will work on the regular metal door down the ladder in the short tunnels - near to the locked pressure door needing a cog - (Sounds like your 'Waterfall Drain'). Take the one-way sewer lift down! .

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast