TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

is there a lootlist available?
    Nothing at thiefmissions.com, ttlg.de or The Dark Wiki....

I´ve made a lootlist. Uploaded it to here (Excel file).

Note: the two last rows show items I do not think are available. My guess is that the maximum obtainable loot is 8993.

Room below X

Need some help! I was able to enter the room below the "X" and have followed directions for pipe placement and switch positions but nothing happens. Have also tried the other 2 combinations but still nothing. Am I missing something? Thanks

I just finished the first part of this mission and got into a very weird bug. The game crashes while loading the second part. In order for it not to crash, I have to drop all my 3 spider eggs and all my 3 scouting orbs before ending the first part. Only then the second part starts. It has to be all these 6 items. It doesn't work if I drop only the spider eggs or only the orbs, or some of the spider eggs and some of the orbs. Even if I drop all my other items it still crashes. It's something specific to those 6.

Then, after part II starts, if I try to select a weapon, the game crashes again. To get past this, I have to first scroll through my items; only then I can select weapons.

My savegame is here, if you want to try it:
    http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/75186987/file.html
    Just go up the ladder, try to finish part I and start part II.

I'm using a fresh installation from gog.com that includes ddfix, to which I applied tafferpatcher. I'm on a Core Duo laptop, Radeon X2300, Windows XP, 1 GB RAM. Maybe it's something specific to my system, but in case anyone else has a similar problem, at least now you have some ideas to try to work around it.

I have a problem: I'm about to end the mission, and need to remove the bricks from the wall but they won't highlight

EDIT: Never mind, they lit up after I lit a flare
    Last edited by Azaran; 24th Dec 2012 at 01:51.

I cannot buy anything in the weapons shop. When I try to purchase say a rope arrow, I get the loot noise and the arrow appears in my loot instead of in my weapons? I haven't had any other problems then this, but without rope arrows, I cannot proceed.
    Last edited by rustmite; 31st Dec 2012 at 01:41.

I just tried it with ver 1.19 and it doesn't work. As you said, it acts like the equipment you buy is loot you're picking up. I'd suggest playing it on a Thief install that hasn't been upgraded with the new patch. Apparently some things are just not working properly in the older missions when played with the upgrade. I've got 2 Thief installs, one 1.18 and one 1.19 for new missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I just tried it with ver 1.19 and it doesn't work. As you said, it acts like the equipment you buy is loot you're picking up. I'd suggest playing it on a Thief install that hasn't been upgraded with the new patch. Apparently some things are just not working properly in the older missions when played with the upgrade. I've got 2 Thief installs, one 1.18 and one 1.19 for new missions.
    OK, thank you.

I just tried this with 1.19, and I got a rope arrow just fine. The arrow appears in both the loot and weapons slots.

Very strange as I just went back and did it again with 1.19. This time it worked properly??? Very confusing.

Reading back through this thread, I found this was brought up a couple times well before 1.19 was released. Seems like folks are just missing that the weapon is added. Maybe they don't have auto-equip turned on?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    It is possible that some things like this will happen sporadically. I say that because I have seen instances where v1.19 just fails to load custom script modules, but only some of the time. My current build of The Drymian Codex just randomly stopped loading the NVDebugScript module a few days ago for no reason, and still won't load it. I suspect it has to do with the older versions of the compilers used to build the older scripts (NVDebug hasn't been updated in years as far as I know) and that was masked in 1.18 since it was also built with an old IDE, while presumably NewDark used a more modern one. But I'm only guessing here.

I had the water arrows up and was watching the numbers when I bought them so it definitely wasn't working the first time but was the second time I tried it. It's not something I experienced with 1.18 so perhaps as Yandros suggested, it's a random bug of some sort.

after 3 years looks like something went heavly wrong with this mission+the recent updates of thief.

Today i was playing the pipes combination part and it's totally bugged now, it doesn't work anymore.

Actually i am testing it to see if with the default version of thief (not patched) it can works or not.

In the mean time ... please check my apologies.

Sure i will not create such kind of complicated mechanisms for thief anymore.

I made a ''flying patch'' to fix the problem.
    Bad news: to benefit of this patch you must restart the whole mission.

http://dfiles.eu/files/1xx8sip21
    Last edited by sterlino; 5th Jun 2013 at 14:26.

Clearinghouse

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    after 3 years looks like something went heavly wrong with this mission+the recent updates of thief.

Today i was playing the pipes combination part and it's totally bugged now, it doesn't work anymore.

Actually i am testing it to see if with the default version of thief (not patched) it can works or not.

In the mean time ... please check my apologies.

Sure i will not create such kind of complicated mechanisms for thief anymore.

I guess you mean the pipes to break into the vault sterlino ?

I tried the unpatched version with 1.19 and the pipes worked fine as before for me so I don't think it's broken Maybe others can check.

I followed the solution here http://ttlg.ttlg.mobi/forums/showthr...=1#post2014659 not as in the Destructive Heat diagram in the room above. Haven't tried your patch yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    I guess you mean the pipes to break into the vault sterlino ?

I tried the unpatched version with 1.19 and the pipes worked fine as before for me so I don't think it's broken Maybe others can check.

I followed the solution here http://ttlg.ttlg.mobi/forums/showthr...=1#post2014659 not as in the Destructive Heat diagram in the room above. Haven't tried your patch yet.
    well, working or not, the patch will help who find problems with that.

Than you, sterlino. I wasn't able to break into the vault first time I played so I hope this time will work.

Awesome missions, btw. Very... advanced. Maybe a bit frustrating at times, but well worth it at the end!

Southquarter.com/fms
    I've had no luck getting this mission to work, right from the beginning. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or it's just become incompatible with New Dark.

In the beginning, I collect all the gear from my room, and get the two secrets (including the tapestry). Then I exit my room to the sewers. From what I've read in various walkthroughs, I then need to:

A) Cut the wires on the high voltage box
    B) Hit the pipe on that end of the corridor multiple times until several gas leaks start
    C) Go to the opposite end of the corridor and flip the switch, causing an explosion (which I'm assuming provides the player with an exit).
    D) Optionally, I can hang the tapestry on the wall to muffle the sound of the explosion

I'm able to do A and B. But I don't get an explosion when I flip the switch. One of the gas leaks points directly onto the exposed wires from A, so that part seems OK. The two hooks above the cut wires, where I'm assuming you hang the tapestry, do not highlight for me.

I've tried Sterlino's patch that he provided a couple of posts up, and that doesn't help either. I've also re-downloaded and re-installed all my scripts just to be sure. Still nothing.

Edit: I was able to get this working with a pre-New Dark T2 installation, so it looks like ND must have broke it.
    Anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

Double Edit: Wrong again. I found my error was in Step One. If you cut the wires with your blackjack (I know, it sounds funny, but it's possible), then the rest of the sequence can't happen. Using the sword fixed everything.
    Last edited by Brethren; 22nd Mar 2015 at 22:05.

Just beat this mission pack---man what a treat!!

But what a friggin' cliff hanger ending!!!!

Anyone know if he's planning to make a HoC3? It seems Sterlino hasn't been active on here in years, so I'm guessing he's moved on to other things. Which would be a real shame, bc I really love dinosaurs!!

Playing this one again an found an interesting 'cheat'.
    In the man square, there's a wooden door to a guard room. Opening this usually leads to a painful death unless you use up a considerable amount of your munitions.
    However, if you break the door down with a sword, or by throwing the rubble pig at it, the room is empty and the guards never appear!
    Just don't frob the door while you're looking around.....
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 22nd Jul 2017 at 17:46.

I'm trying to remove these pipes

I found a hole in a nearby wall, but not sure if it has anything to do with them

azaran if i am right,not sure if i am ,where you climb down there should be a valve you can turn?

also your pics are way to dark

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    azaran if i am right,not sure if i am ,where you climb down there should be a valve you can turn?

I don't see any valve there.

Clearer picture
    of the hole

The pipes in question

EDIT: Ok I backtracked all the way and found it. The hole had me confused, thanks
    Last edited by Azaran; 16th May 2019 at 13:18.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415