TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 375

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    I got past the pipe area into an area with a half walled door and now I've got no idea what to do next.
    Take a look at the bricks. One one them is different

  2. #27
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    lol ...years to wait these moments... haha

    Sneakyjack
    spoiler:
    look carefull what you destroyed... you will find a brick that... ghehe you will see it


    Thank you for the quick reply - I found it indeed and I laughed. I was running around throwing bricks against everything I could hoping to break something, haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Take a look at the bricks. One one them is different
    Found it, thank you! This is one of those missions that everyone has that they've been waiting so long for that it's like christmas and every time you get stick it's like a soul crushing blow

  3. #28
    Archivist
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Museum of the Ancients
    Sterlino, you sneaskie taffer, I thought you abandoned HoC2. What a great surprise

    Big thanks for releasing this

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005
    Location: Germany
    @Sterlino
    Questions:

    spoiler:

    1.I am in the sewers, I am at the place mentioned in one scroll, with the pills, doped rats & keypad.
    I've entered the correct code etc. I cannot reach the switch in the deep shaft with the lava
    at the end. The scroll says that you might be able to block it with something big.. what do I use for that?

    2. using an earlier save, I broke the marked tile. I've set the aparatus to "Short Circuit", red stuff is coming out, but the death rays in the bank are still active. What am I doing wrong. And what do the four switches in the room up the emdal ladder mean?

    I am playing on hard btw !

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Stuck again I think.

    I've reached the area with The first guard with a key on his belt, the room with the great enemy on the wall and I've gotten the key and the trinket in the small glowing room - but neither the key nor my lockpicks will open the door that is in the room with the torches and the leaking engine thing.

    I've tried tossing the explosive barrels at everything I can think of. I'm on normal difficulty if that matters.

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2006
    Location: Melbourne
    SneakyJack:

    Go into the room with the blue spider and look up

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    How did I miss that? Thank you.

    I'm only ten minutes in and I've seen guards that pull their swords out of a sheath and torches that you can pull off the wall and carry.

    I love that you put all those great effects into your missions, Sterlino.
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 30th Aug 2010 at 17:29.

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    @Sterlino
    Questions:

    spoiler:

    1.I am in the sewers, I am at the place mentioned in one scroll, with the pills, doped rats & keypad.
    I've entered the correct code etc. I cannot reach the switch in the deep shaft with the lava
    at the end. The scroll says that you might be able to block it with something big.. what do I use for that?

    once
    spoiler:
    you must go up where the spider came.. you will find some eggs.. one is wierdly big.



    Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    @Sterlino
    Questions:

    spoiler:


    2. using an earlier save, I broke the marked tile. I've set the aparatus to "Short Circuit", red stuff is coming out, but the death rays in the bank are still active. What am I doing wrong. And what do the four switches in the room up the emdal ladder mean?

    the
    spoiler:
    four levers are useless.. read careful the scroll.. they siad that the sistem with lever was disabled for security reasons.
    do disable the red rays you need the key and the code for the vault... there is no other way to disable them.

  9. #34
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005
    Location: Germany
    Ok, still an interesting technical construction you've build there :-)

    spoiler:

    I've tried it with the "weird big spider egg", but it always fell through into the lava.

    Nevertheless I am stuck. I have the acid, and so on but I find no place to go.
    Got a "mechanis cabin key" but no place to use it. (Di not find the box at the shop).
    Still have one locked door, across from the church. Any hints would be appreciated !


    BTW: The guys over @TDM also have picked up on this fabolous mission of yours. !

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    Ok, still an interesting technical construction you've build there :-)

    spoiler:

    I've tried it with the "weird big spider egg", but it always fell through into the lava.

    Nevertheless I am stuck. I have the acid, and so on but I find no place to go.
    Got a "mechanis cabin key" but no place to use it. (Di not find the box at the shop).
    Still have one locked door, across from the church. Any hints would be appreciated !
    Chiron
    spoiler:
    did you dropped the big egg on the pit ?

  11. #36
    bikerdude
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Ok I have tried various ways of banging the pipe to get the jet of gas on the broken wires and then flipping the switch, but nada. fyi: I have checked and I have all the latest scripts for T2...
    Any help here..?

  12. #37
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Dragonsreach
    A number of folks (myself included) have had problems lately with Windows Defender preventing Thief2.exe and Dromed.exe from loading custom scripts. Try disabling Defender if you have it running, and either way try running Thief2.exe as an admin.


    Sterlino - Congrats on the release, finally!
    Last edited by Yandros; 30th Aug 2010 at 23:22.

  13. #38
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Not Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Any help here..?
    I just kept banging on the pipe (the black one) with my sword (overhead slashes) and finally a jet of gas started spewing towards the short circuited wires. Then there was an explosion..

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    there is also another way to do all on the starting area:

    spoiler:
    look carefully on the starting room..

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Any help here..?
    For me it only worked after hitting the pipe several times. I think I got four streams of gas before it worked.
    @Sterlino

    The pit with the lava far, far at the bottom? Yes, but it fell through.

  16. #41
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Location: City Of The Angels
    FYI,

    Seems like this mission has a issue with Garretloader. Just get runtime error, then get kicked out.

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    @Sterlino

    The pit with the lava far, far at the bottom? Yes, but it fell through.
    spoiler:
    you must get the big egg an throw it to the pit... it will stop in the middle of the pit...
    what you wrote it shouldn't happens, i made several test on it, it should work... re try... btw are you sure you used the big wierd egg ? and not one of the usual spider eggs ?

  18. #43
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    spoiler:
    you must get the big egg an throw it to the pit... it will stop in the middle of the pit...
    what you wrote it shouldn't happens, i made several test on it, it should work... re try... btw are you sure you used the big wierd egg ? and not one of the usual spider eggs ?
    Yep I used the big egg, it fell straight through. I also have a save made after I cheated my way to the switch, I've tried it several times, the egg never stuck.

  19. #44
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Location: City Of The Angels
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Ok I have tried various ways of banging the pipe to get the jet of gas on the broken wires and then flipping the switch, but nada.

    fyi: I have checked and I have all the latest scripts for T2...
    Yup,

    Me too. I get no spark on wires

    Don't know how to proceed.

  20. #45
    bikerdude
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    number of folks (myself included) have had problems lately with Windows Defender preventing Thief2.exe and Dromed.exe from loading custom scripts. Try disabling Defender if you have it running, and either way try running Thief2.exe as an admin.
    • Disabled Windows Defender
    • Disabled Kaspersky
    • Ran as administrator
    • started the game from scratch


    Still no explosion

    nb. Im running windows 7x86 btw.

  21. #46
    Master Builder 2018
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Congratulations, sterlino! You finally made it!

  22. #47
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Not Kansas
    Okay; 2 hours into this FM, having a great time, but am getting a little frustrated because I feel like I'm just running around in circles. So far, I've gotten into the sewers, dropped the big-assed spider egg down the lava shaft, thrown a bunch of levers, the trap doors of which mostly lead back up to the town, gone thru the rituals of connecting pipes, frobbing levers, going thru gas chambers, air pressure chambers, etc., and as I said, pretty much just running around in circles.

    -RE: Keys: I still have the Mech Cabin key but don't know where to use it.
    -RE: The Villa: I can't find the broken area of the Villa's wall.
    -RE: The Bank: I've been in the bank, taken the elevator down, but the laser alarm beams are still active (as they are when you try to take the secret way in). Instructions say there's a room immediately left inside the bank which you need to visit to get a code & turn off alarms, but the door doesn't frob or open by any means.

    What am I missing, please?

  23. #48
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Okay; 2 hours into this FM, having a great time, but am getting a little frustrated because I feel like I'm just running around in circles. So far, I've gotten into the sewers, dropped the big-assed spider egg down the lava shaft, thrown a bunch of levers, the trap doors of which mostly lead back up to the town, gone thru the rituals of connecting pipes, frobbing levers, going thru gas chambers, air pressure chambers, etc., and as I said, pretty much just running around in circles.

    -RE: Keys: I still have the Mech Cabin key but don't know where to use it.
    -RE: The Villa: I can't find the broken area of the Villa's wall.
    -RE: The Bank: I've been in the bank, taken the elevator down, but the laser alarm beams are still active (as they are when you try to take the secret way in). Instructions say there's a room immediately left inside the bank which you need to visit to get a code & turn off alarms, but the door doesn't frob or open by any means.
    What am I missing, please?
    Having the same problem. Any Hint is appreciated!

  24. #49
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Location: City Of The Angels
    bummer. Can't seem to get past the spark bugthing. I replaced all the scripts that I have with the ones included with this mission and still no luck. .I tried all the suggestions with W7 listed above. Wish there was another way to proceed. Guess it will just have to wait until a solution is found....

  25. #50
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2005
    Location: in here
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    • Disabled Windows Defender
    • Disabled Kaspersky
    • Ran as administrator
    • started the game from scratch


    Still no explosion

    nb. Im running windows 7x86 btw.
    Set your thief2.exe file in "windows xp sp2" compatibility.
    Not sure it is going to work but give a try. In the past it solved many problems.

    Also congratulations on the release sterlino. Unfortunately I got my "good" computer for service and waiting anxiously to be repaired so I can play this masterpiece.
    Last edited by Kin; 31st Aug 2010 at 02:37.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •