TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 375

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2007
    Location: Florida, Iceland in the summer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Okay; 2 hours into this FM, having a great time, but am getting a little frustrated because I feel like I'm just running around in circles. So far, I've gotten into the sewers, dropped the big-assed spider egg down the lava shaft, thrown a bunch of levers, the trap doors of which mostly lead back up to the town, gone thru the rituals of connecting pipes, frobbing levers, going thru gas chambers, air pressure chambers, etc., and as I said, pretty much just running around in circles.

    -RE: Keys: I still have the Mech Cabin key but don't know where to use it.
    -RE: The Villa: I can't find the broken area of the Villa's wall.
    -RE: The Bank: I've been in the bank, taken the elevator down, but the laser alarm beams are still active (as they are when you try to take the secret way in). Instructions say there's a room immediately left inside the bank which you need to visit to get a code & turn off alarms, but the door doesn't frob or open by any means.

    What am I missing, please?
    The key Mech cabin is the room where the cable cabin to the villa is I think
    The other questions I am wondering about to. Stuck there.
    Hope anyone has a hint?

  2. #52
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    to Chiron:

    may be in your pc settings
    spoiler:
    the big egg thing doesn't works... but there is another way to go down the pit without falling and pull the lever, you must reach the 'behind shop' area and open the gold chest where inside you will find a couple of grapple arrows that are like rope arrows but they can be used also on stones surfaces. i tryed it now and i succesfull pulled the lever.
    Good Luck !



    to anyone else about some hints to solve mission 1 :

    the bank:
    spoiler:
    look carefully on the upper windows on the sides zones of the bank, may be you will find a way to climb somewhere...

    edited now: may be some of you just know that.. well.. where you found (up the ladder) a room wich has 4 levers inside.. the levers are useless but the heavy metal thing under them is useful to do something.. look carefull on the floor ouside the back, there is an 'X'... guess now what to do..


    villa's area:

    spoiler:
    in the way corridor where you go back outside to town there is a wall of bricks that can be removed, to do so you must use a torch.. .carry a torch in there and the bricks will be revealed... after that mission 1 ends... so before to pass to mission 2 go back to make some shopping..


    the cabin key:

    spoiler:
    if i understood well that should be the key that opens the door at the end of the corridor where the bricks are removable. Inside you will find something of interesting
    Last edited by sterlino; 31st Aug 2010 at 04:34.

  3. #53
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post

    the bank:
    spoiler:
    look carefully on the upper windows on the sides zones of the bank, may be you will find a way to climb somewhere...

    edited now: may be some of you just know that.. well.. where you found (up the ladder) a room wich has 4 levers inside.. the levers are useless but the heavy metal thing under them is useful to do something.. look carefull on the floor ouside the back, there is an 'X'... guess now what to do..
    People already did that since they played with the pipes. How to get rid of the rays? I followed al these intructions, it goes 'boom", gas, whatnot. But the rays are still there.

  4. #54
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post


    Thank you for the quick reply - I found it indeed and I laughed. I was running around throwing bricks against everything I could hoping to break something, haha.



    Found it, thank you! This is one of those missions that everyone has that they've been waiting so long for that it's like christmas and every time you get stick it's like a soul crushing blow
    Where is it ? I've running around frobbing everything for far longer than is fun.

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    Where is it ? I've running around frobbing everything for far longer than is fun.
    It's lying on the corridor with pipes near the wall.

  6. #56
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    Which end of the corridor ? The broken end of the corridor ?
    If yes, is it inside the exploded part, or outside ?

    I can see a broken electrical cable - but I can't frob it or hit it with my sword.

  7. #57
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    The broken end of the corridor ?
    Yes
    If yes, is it inside the exploded part, or outside ?
    outside. It's a brick with a switch

  8. #58
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    Can you be more precise as to its location ? I can't find anything at the exploded end, outside or inside.
    Is it on the floor ? In the middle ? Up high ?

    Is it in the middle section near to where you entered ?

    Or at the end with the electrical switch ?

  9. #59
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy
    Wow, Sterlino, grandeeeeee! Grazie, la comincio subito!

  10. #60
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2002
    It's on the floor, near the wall, broken end of the corridor, left hand side you came from.

  11. #61
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    All I can see is the 'Do Not Remove' sign ?
    I'm right clicking so fast that my mouse is going to explode.

    Is it script reliant ? I wonder if I have a problem with my OSM files ? But then, doesn't this FM come with it's own OSM files ?

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2004
    Location: Sweden
    malau:
    On the floor, under the pipe that poured out gas that exploded, is a brick with a lever. If you stand in the middle of the pipe corridor, it is on the floor in the left corner. Lean over and you'll see it.

    I have been running around for 5-6 hours, but still can't find a way past the rays. I have done everything else I think.
    - Used the cable car and got the grappling hook.
    - Found the way to the villa. But that just ends the mission.
    - Been inside the window on the side of the bank.
    - Got every door open
    Last edited by Hertzman; 31st Aug 2010 at 07:34.

  13. #63
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    All I can see is the 'Do Not Remove' sign ?
    I'm right clicking so fast that my mouse is going to explode.

    Here's the switch (bottom right)

  14. #64
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    Thanks. I can't see any picture ? Did you just post one ?

    I loaded it up into Dromed and set to 'Objects Bright' and I have no brick switch on the floor in the location described. The only object on the floor is the sign.

    When I played it in Dromed, there was corrosive acid under the bedside table.
    When I play it the normal way, there is no bottle of acid at the start.
    Weird !

  15. #65
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    I restarted but had the same problem (i've only tried expert level), so I think there must be a problem with my T2 installation somewhere ?

    I just Dromeded my way past it - turned Physics off and flew through the secret wall/door.
    At least that solved the problem, if not in a satisfying way.

  16. #66
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    Thanks. I can't see any picture ? Did you just post one ?
    Of course I did
    Try this instead
    http://yfrog.com/jvswitchoj

  17. #67
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post

    When I played it in Dromed, there was corrosive acid under the bedside table.
    When I play it the normal way, there is no bottle of acid at the start.
    Weird !
    on normal
    spoiler:
    there should be the acid container under the table on the start.. as is written in the instruction scoll

    on hard and expert
    spoiler:
    there is not acid under the table and you must find it by yourself somewhere in town


    Quote Originally Posted by Hertzman View Post
    malau:
    On the floor, under the pipe that poured out gas that exploded, is a brick with a lever. If you stand in the middle of the pipe corridor, it is on the floor in the left corner. Lean over and you'll see it.

    I have been running around for 5-6 hours, but still can't find a way past the rays. I have done everything else I think.
    - Used the cable car and got the grappling hook.
    - Found the way to the villa. But that just ends the mission.
    - Been inside the window on the side of the bank.
    - Got every door open
    hertzman
    spoiler:
    found the way to the villa. But that just ends the mission. - and that is expected, you don't need to do anything else than finish the mission or buy some weapons before doin that. then pass to mission 2, the real match.

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    Blimey ! I don't have those stone blocks on the floor ! My corridor is totally clear (except for the sign)

    I wonder what's going on ?

  19. #69
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    Blimey ! I don't have those stone blocks on the floor ! My corridor is totally clear (except for the sign)

    I wonder what's going on ?
    Malau please post a screenshot..

    btw is obiviously that something in your settings or installation or whatever could be wrong.

  20. #70
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    to Chiron:

    may be in your pc settings
    spoiler:
    the big egg thing doesn't works... but there is another way to go down the pit without falling and pull the lever, you must reach the 'behind shop' area and open the gold chest where inside you will find a couple of grapple arrows that are like rope arrows but they can be used also on stones surfaces. i tryed it now and i succesfull pulled the lever.
    Good Luck !
    I've restarted and played again till I got to that pit. Now it works. Strange

    You confuse me
    First you said:

    four levers are useless.. read careful the scroll.. they siad that the sistem with lever was disabled for security reasons. do disable the red rays you need the key and the code for the vault... there is no other way to disable them.

    ..which I interpreted as "the system (also behind the "X") is useless"

    but now:

    the bank:
    spoiler:
    look carefully on the upper windows on the sides zones of the bank, may be you will find a way to climb somewhere...

    edited now: may be some of you just know that.. well.. where you found (up the ladder) a room wich has 4 levers inside.. the levers are useless but the heavy metal thing under them is useful to do something.. look carefull on the floor ouside the back, there is an 'X'... guess now what to do..


  21. #71
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    I copied over all the OSM files from your ZIP (even though they were all older than the existing ones (date wise)) - and this time it worked - the blocks appeared from the explosion !

    So I must have had some kind of Darkloader installation error that did not copy over your special OSM files ?

  22. #72
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    I copied over all the OSM files from your ZIP (even though they were all older than the existing ones (date wise)) - and this time it worked - the blocks appeared from the explosion !

    So I must have had some kind of Darkloader installation error that did not copy over your special OSM files ?
    probably is the usual problem with the gen.osm. (or may be the other scripts.osm versions)

    the version in my mission pack is different from the one you had in the thief2 folder.
    The darkloader don't provide to change it automatically and you must do it manually.

    that's it.

  23. #73
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Shenzhen, China.
    The carpet is now missing from the secret in the bedroom - is it meant to be there on 'Expert' ?

  24. #74
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2004
    Location: Sweden
    I gave up, and used dromed to find the way past the rays
    What's the code for the vault? I have the letter giving a hint, but don't get it.

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy
    I hit the pipes got the 4 jets of gas and heard like a metal door or something opening. No explosion...... cannot see any sparkle.................

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •