TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

Quote Originally Posted by malau View Post
    The carpet is now missing from the secret in the bedroom - is it meant to be there on 'Expert' ?
    why in the hell things continually to disappear on your pc ? LOL... no
    spoiler:
    the carpet should be there in all the difficulties

Hoping for a nudge to get me moving .....

have been all over and have used gas mask, dropped heavy objects, attached pipes, found a couple of pigs and some uber-rats, made confession, have some pills and acid, several secrets found etc but

- cant get in any windows by the bank despite some good climbing
    - have an unused cabin mech room key
    - can't find any spider eggs (but know where I might use one!)
    - still a locked round sewer cover that I can't open

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Hoping for a nudge to get me moving .....

have been all over and have used gas mask, dropped heavy objects, attached pipes, found a couple of pigs and some uber-rats, made confession, have some pills and acid, several secrets found etc but

- cant get in any windows by the bank despite some good climbing
    - have an unused cabin mech room key
    - can't find any spider eggs (but know where I might use one!)
    - still a locked round sewer cover that I can't open

Thanks for any help.

1. Via a box on the south side of the bank you can climb some vines. First window is pickable.
    2. Yeah, I am curious about that too.
    3. In a sewer area with red water, pills and doped rats there is a keypad. The hint for the combination is on a scroll nearby.
    4. You'll get there when you have the egg and used it.

I need hints on:

How to disable the deathrays. I have been to the bank office, found a lot of items there, but so far I found no way to use them. been to the backside of the shop as well.

Thanks Chiron - I will go and hunt for the vine!

You've advanced further than me - sorry I can't help with the death rays - yet

Can someone spoil me with the vault code for part 1 (easy)? I have been playing for a day without finding it and want to move on to part 2. I'm standing beside the vault and have a bonus objective to enter it.

This is a completly amazing mission
    I love using the grappling hook in the city trying to find more secrets

Sterlino, you master builder

I can't find spider eggs, but I am near the red-watered sewer and ready to type code (when I find a scroll about it nearby). Where are these eggs?

ticky

enter the code and you'll find them

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I can't find spider eggs, but I am near the red-watered sewer and ready to type code (when I find a scroll about it nearby). Where are these eggs?
    You'll get them once you've entered the code.
    The scroll with the hint is lying on a table nearby !

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    to Chiron:

spoiler:
    ..... you must reach the 'behind shop' area and open the gold chest where inside you will find a couple of grapple arrows that are like rope arrows but they can be used also on stones surfaces. i tryed it now and i succesfull pulled the lever.
    Good Luck !
    The note by the gold chest claims that the Lady of the Villa has the key to the gold chest, right? So you can't get into the gold chest without it which means you have to get into the Villa to steal the key; but according to another Taffer in this thread, getting into the Villa ends the mission. Or did I miss something again?

the bank:
    spoiler:
    look carefully on the upper windows on the sides zones of the bank, may be you will find a way to climb somewhere...
    If you're referring to the ledge on either side of the bank (see pic below), I've been up there - though it took WAY too much time trying to mantle from the bank's pillars or using crates (neither of which worked), til I finally discovered that the light-brown trim in front of the bank (above the pillars) will hold a rope arrow. So after more long minutes of trying to get onto the ledges, I finally made it & explored the ledges on both sides of the bank, tried jumping to the small areas above the pillars, and nothing! There are no frobbable windows or hidden switches (and believe me - I've been going over this area practically inch by inch!), and you can't make it over the railing opposite the bank - even if you could there's nothing there that I could see. What exactly is it that I'm looking for up there, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post

If you're referring to the ledge on either side of the bank .........
    Dia, me too! I tried outside the bank - but this is the wrong place . You need to climb a vine having mantled onto a wooden box to get access to the correct window. The box is
    near one of the paths closish-by with evergreen shrubs. From the vine you jump to a ledge and the window..

I'm in the bank now, and I was in shopman's secret area too. How to disarm these deadly rays? I purchased all kinds of special arrows in the shop and tried them, but the deadly rays are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Dia, me too! I tried outside the bank - but this is the wrong place . You need to climb a vine having mantled onto a wooden box to get access to the correct window. The box is
    near one of the paths closish-by with evergreen shrubs. From the vine you jump to a ledge and the window..
    Thanks Sagittal; I'd already been up there (another pic below), but failed to look in the desk drawers the first time around; I found the vault keys in that drawer this time around.

Now I'm wondering the same thing as ticky: how do you disarm the deadly rays down in the vault area? According to Sterlino there is a room immediately left when you enter the bank where you should be able to cut off alarms, etc. Unfortunately, the only door in the bank to your immediate left is not frobbable nor could I see any other way of opening it.
    Last edited by Dia; 31st Aug 2010 at 10:28.

@Dia
    You can get the key before the mission ends.

Hint:
    spoiler:

have you been in the vent shafts yet? The ones you needed the big spider egg to get into?
    In there is a kind of window. Run against it a couple of times and see what happens :-)
    Credits @fibanocci for that !

How do you remove the window that is on the ground in the vents? The one that leads to the room with the skull with the candle and the note on the table.

How escape from evil rats killers area ? wats kode ?

Quote Originally Posted by kabatta View Post
    How do you remove the window that is on the ground in the vents? The one that leads to the room with the skull with the candle and the note on the table.
    if i understood well what you are asking.. no... that window is not removable.. you will gain access to that point from another (later) way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhide View Post
    How escape from evil rats killers area ? wats kode ?

use some pills (if you have) or look carefully
    spoiler:
    under the pipes mouths

i am glad that some of you have fun with this mission, i thought it was too much frustrating.. but at least is 'playable'.

use some pills (if you have) or look carefully

already do that ! I saw stone near the hole no results

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    @Dia
    You can get the key before the mission ends.

Hint:
    spoiler:

have you been in the vent shafts yet? The ones you needed the big spider egg to get into?
    In there is a kind of window. Run against it a couple of times and see what happens :-)
    Credits @fibanocci for that !
    Thanks Chiron (& fibanocci)! Now that I know the way to the Villa (& the end of part 1), all I need to do is to get into that vault! Still having problems with that, especially since my PC has developed a framerate lag and though the FM's still playable, it's rather frustrating. I'm thinking that maybe once I get into that chest behind the shop & get the arrows you can use to climb rock & stone, maybe I'll find a way into the bank where I can shut off those damned lethal rays (& alarms). Maybe?

if i understood well what you are asking.. no... that window is not removable.. you will gain access to that point from another (later) way.

I was there. I did the spider bit...but I can't get back. I am walking around in circles for the last 3-4 hours.

I've been everywhere, even in Colette's secret place, and I also got all kinds of arrows from the shop. I don't know how to disable the deadly rays in the bank. I even got the vault keys!

Did anybody figure out what to do with the pipes?

Quote Originally Posted by kabatta View Post
    I was there. I did the spider bit...but I can't get back. I am walking around in circles for the last 3-4 hours.
    So you're in the vents kabatta - with the earth mud floor and a "U" pipe behind you? If so that horizontal window doesn't open but there are are several other exits from the vents onto the street etc. On that same level there is a switch and ladder nearby or down one level beyond the pool of red water are exits The window mentioned in this post from Chiron incidentally is a different window in those vents.

I know how to get out of the vents. My problem is getting into the same place before the slippery slope in the room with the pipes and the rats. The door with the mechanist key is closed and I can't get it open so I can enter.

Where to use the boiler tube key? And how to get rid of the rays?
    Last edited by fibanocci; 31st Aug 2010 at 12:16.

I have never played HoC but I heard that there has been some serious work involved so I am downloading HoC1 now!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast