TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 fm - HoC2: the dragon's claw (release 8/30/2010) MISSION 1

ok i got three keys i never found a use for ,boiler tube key,shopbox key and vault key,any help please on how to use those,i have access to everything i think

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    and what do those pills do?,not sure i understand them
    I ate one while next to a wall that had strange pointy bits in all four corners and suddenly a lock appeared. I got a message about discovering a box trap - so I lockpicked it and took a gear out (which I guess was disabling it?)

Basically if you see an area where you think something might be fishy or there looks to be a secret popping one of those pills will give you sort of a secret-vision and will reveal things that you normally can't see. Kind of like how the Mirror Of Return worked in that recent mission.

It's a pretty neat effect - I just wish it was an item that didn't run out. I'd be using it all over the mansion if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    @Dia
    spoiler:

The rays right after the lift do hurt.Seriously

But I agree, some of the readables can be confusing. Maybe a native speaker should have proof read these.

spoiler:

I gave up on the pipes. I was able to produce several explosions with the correct pipe, but the wall stayed intact.
    Chiron don't worry if you cannot reach the vault, you will have everything you need to go in mission 2, just buy some weapons and go to the villa's zone.

well i was able to win mission,with alot of things i never found uses for,like 3 key and some charm coin i found in some water but forgot where,now for mission 2,i think mission one is for those who love to uncover secrets,i did it on expert and figured i would be expected to do more before i win first part of mission,will forure have to go back to mission 1 and see what else i missed

completed all missions,wow i have to go back to first 2 mission to get what i missed ,the optional objective

great missions,i like it alot
    Last edited by downwinder; 31st Aug 2010 at 21:00.

aww was looking forward to this but I can't get any sparks on the broken wiring at the first set of pipes so I am abandoning this mission for now

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    aww was looking forward to this but I can't get any sparks on the broken wiring at the first set of pipes so I am abandoning this mission for now
    I have the same problem.

I'm playing on WinXP sp3 and don't have Windows Defender installed.

I initially just let darkloader handle everything - no sparks.

I uninstalled the mission through darkloader, manually overwrote five files(four .osm and one .dlx) with the ones from the mission zip (after backing up my originals to another folder), reinstalled the mission - no sparks.

I uninstalled the mission through darkloader, then deleted the five script files from the Thief2 folder, reinstalled the mission, saw the "new" script files in the Thief2 folder, and I still can't get any kind of spark from the wires after breaking them and flipping the switch on. I've tried every combination of order of hitting pipe, wires, and flipping switch.

Anyone have any ideas? I've had no problems, of which I am aware, with any other FMs.

I am stuck at the start. I have found the 2 secrets in the hotel room , collected my gear, and have gone out the door and into the "fade-out and in" blue sewer. What's next? The door is locked. The ladder goes nowhere. The rope takes you to a blocked exit. No switches that I can find and no keys to be found. Maybe my installation is broken? How do you get out of the blue sewer at the start?

Gah, where do you use the spider egg..? For that matter, where is the vault key? Or are the 3 doors within the vault locked for good?

@bjack, it says somewhere don't hit the pipe,since they're weak. So it's logical to start breaking the brown pipes using your metal sword where gas is spouting from and the wires that are exposed. Theres a switch nearby that allows electricity to run...causing sparks....

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I am stuck at the start......
    bjack - you've probably got it now but the key for the door is in the hotel room on the table.

I've got through the first wall in the sewers and found the secret up to a building. I have a key, but can't open the door. Where is the key (or other way out of this area?

I got a problem in the killer-rat area ............. if I went down the slippery floor .......... I can see a ice-panel in the water and if i went on it breaks .............. an my stats show me that I have lost the Bonus Object : Don`t kill anyone ............. why does it happen .......... how could i pass this panel without breaking it ??? ............. Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by Arondil View Post
    I've got through the first wall in the sewers and found the secret up to a building. I have a key, but can't open the door. Where is the key (or other way out of this area?
    Arondil, did you get into the blue spider rooom? If so look up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    bjack - you've probably got it now but the key for the door is in the hotel room on the table.
    I've restarted at a super early save and found the key was in fact in my inventory already, but last night I could swaer that it was not in my inventory I guess I am getting old. Thanks Sagittal for waking me up Now I can get to enjoying this new FM.

I'm now pretty far in, but I need to be careful not to go too far and not do some other objectives first. I need to slow down. I've been all over the town - upside and down and ready to move on, but I must make sure I am not forgetting something. Great game. Fairly sensitive guards too.
    Last edited by bjack; 1st Sep 2010 at 15:14.

Clearinghouse
    Finished part 1. All objectives completed except Enter the Vault.

Great first mission with lots to explore and i finally managed to finish it but not without help from here, quite hard to figure out without help i would say. Still missing 4 secrets though, but for now i'm moving on.

But i think i have discovered a bug. I purchased a wide variety of weapons before moving on to mission 2, but Thief2 crashed when attempting to start the next mission. On a hunch i had the idea that maybe it was a problem with the fancy new arrows so i started experimenting with wasting them before moving on.

And i found that if i had both a black hole arrow and a hammerite arrow it would crash everytime! Loose one of them before moving on and it would work fine.

I can provide a save with the problem if needed.

Excellent work; and as usual, it is the little touches you throw into your missions that make them so memorable! Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 5th Sep 2010 at 23:41.

great mission !! i got stuck where is that tube key / to unlock that pipe door / and where use the mech cabin room key thanks

Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    I have the same problem.

I'm playing on WinXP sp3 and don't have Windows Defender installed.

I initially just let darkloader handle everything - no sparks.

I uninstalled the mission through darkloader, manually overwrote five files(four .osm and one .dlx) with the ones from the mission zip (after backing up my originals to another folder), reinstalled the mission - no sparks.

I uninstalled the mission through darkloader, then deleted the five script files from the Thief2 folder, reinstalled the mission, saw the "new" script files in the Thief2 folder, and I still can't get any kind of spark from the wires after breaking them and flipping the switch on. I've tried every combination of order of hitting pipe, wires, and flipping switch.

Anyone have any ideas? I've had no problems, of which I am aware, with any other FMs.
    I guess this is what is called a fatal flaw. I cannot get the sparks either, and others are having the same problem. Guess this mission wasn't meant to be for me and others...shame, it looks like it would be very challenging. Too bad....oh well, onto the next new one, whenever it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    I guess this is what is called a fatal flaw. I cannot get the sparks either, and others are having the same problem. Guess this mission wasn't meant to be for me and others...shame, it looks like it would be very challenging. Too bad....oh well, onto the next new one, whenever it appears.
    Are you guys cutting the cables with your sword? The cables need to be split before they spark. You also have to hit the pipe until it directs a stream of gas directly at the wires. You also have to flip the switch to make sure current is running... If you have already done all of these things, then sorry for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    spoiler:
    you must reach the 'behind shop' area and open the gold chest where inside you will find a couple of grapple arrows that are like rope arrows but they can be used also on stones surfaces. i tryed it now and i succesfull pulled the lever.
    Good Luck !
    I've done everything else but can't figure out how to reach the 'behind shop' area everyone keeps talking about to get the grappling arrows. Can you please give me a very specific hint. Getting tired of running around the map...

Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    I've done everything else but can't figure out how to reach the 'behind shop' area everyone keeps talking about to get the grappling arrows. Can you please give me a very specific hint. Getting tired of running around the map...
    near the shop
    spoiler:
    inside a room full of crates and debris.. there is a secret button to push and it opens a secret passage.. in that secret passage look up there is a rotating valve to frob, then go down and look there is a boiler that need a key to be pulled, the key is in the office of the bank where you climbed the vine

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    near the shop
    spoiler:
    inside a room full of crates and debris.. there is a secret button to push and it opens a secret passage.. in that secret passage look up there is a rotating valve to frob, then go down and look there is a boiler that need a key to be pulled, the key is in the office of the bank where you climbed the vine
    Damn! Had been there a few times before when i didn't have the required key... didn't think to go back

Awesome mission with great athmosphere!

I'm stuck here. I need the sewer key!
    What just happened?, I rewired some pipes and I started a fire. Is there a use to this? I can't get back through there. It's just beneath the part where the red X is.
    I seem to miss the cablecart ??? to get to Ms Lombardini's room to get the key to open the shopmans' treasurebox.

I'm missing a lot here

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I'm stuck here. I need the sewer key!
    What just happened?, I rewired some pipes and I started a fire. Is there a use to this? I can't get back through there. It's just beneath the part where the red X is.
    I seem to miss the cablecart ??? to get to Ms Lombardini's room to get the key to open the shopmans' treasurebox.

I'm missing a lot here

X:
    Reload if needed. Go back to the X outside. In one of the small holes is a lever. It pulls down the ladder. Climb it, go into the room and look at the three plans. (ignore the four levers) Look at Plan 25B AS.

Take note of the squiggly pipe and switch positions.

Cable car:
    Have you been down in the sewers?

Specifically the area with a 'Benny is drunk' blackboard?

Now I need help...

The four piggies.

Where are they all?
    I have rusty and either the crystal or silver one.

White one: 1x over curved archway, jumping over a fence.
    Rusty: 1x Near Sewer Lift Key, rope arrow near crane hook thing.

bob_doe_nz - One is near Collette's room, the other in the small green area just before going in the sewer part where you found the gas mask.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast