TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Bathory Campaign 3.0 New Dark (25/03/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Arondil View Post
    Stuck on menial faithfulness at the moment. Any suggestions?

spoiler:
    I can't open the door in the stables, nor the blocked door under the drawbridge.

There is a portcullis blocking some stairs near to the place I need to put the seal (not the tower ones I can get through there).

No sign of any seal either

Also one for the mods, would it be possible to spilt this thread into a different one per mission?
    For the door in the stables there is a key in the Steward's room. You can enter that room with lockpicks, the lockpicks are in the Forge. You can enter to the Forge through the chimney from above. You can open the blocked door from inside...

--

@ Dex1986: Hey neighbour! Good to see so many taffers from the vicinity.

Sensut, that music on the victrola at the inn - I recall that melody was used in the movie "Fargo," if I'm not mistaken...?

I'm near the end...I hate to get off this ride- what a masterpiece campaign!

I'm not sure what I missed in Menial Fahtfulness. I've been in all the rooms below the castle, found all the keys I needed to to get into everything, and the only thing that has eluded me is a chest I can see but can't get to because I can't use a rope arrow and can't jump off a ladder.. But that's probably just loot, and I can live without that.

I'm just not sure what to do next. I'm in the crypt, and I have to do something involving eternal light, but I'm damned if I know what that might be. I tried lighting all the candles, but that does nothing. Is there something else I have to do first?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post

I'm just not sure what to do next. I'm in the crypt, and I have to do something involving eternal light, but I'm damned if I know what that might be. I tried lighting all the candles, but that does nothing.
    Are you sure that does nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Are you sure that does nothing?
    It seems to have done nothing. I went downstairs and found a secret after that, but...

The graphics in these missions are amazing, by the way. Interestingly, with everything on full, graphics-wise, my laptop runs them smooth as silk, unlike a few other recent missions.

...Oh, I see. I can't figure out how it's possible that I could see the secret and NOT the way to open the crypt.

'Course now I'm stuck in the next part of the mission. I've pooped the party, but not done much else. Couldn't the Fortress guards just have a key?

Edit -- Okay, sorry if this turns out to be a repeat or messed up post, but I posted a question here earlier and for some reason it isn't showing up. I can't get into the Fortress. The only thing I can think of is to drop down into the drainage ditch outside the fortress and follow the ditchunder a wall, but I am unable to crouch in the ditch. I also know from reading this thread that I am missing at least one quest, the one about being a thief. In the town, I have been in the church and gone past the party at the inn, but there seems to be nothing else to do and nowhere else to go. Any help appreciated, because this is a tiny area and I have grown quite bored with it. Sorry, I should have also mentioned that I have also been over the wall and into the safe, but that is just a dead end because I can't get back over the wall and once I open the safe I am simply trapped and nothing more is possible. Obviously I have to do something else before going over the wall.
    Last edited by Fraser; 19th Sep 2010 at 00:36.

@Fraser: I do not know which wall you speak about, but once Katalin realizes she can´t get into the castle the way she thought, some doors will be pickable that previously weren´t. Confusing, I know.

Now, thinking again I have a better idea how would have been right to make that 2 slaughterhouse gates for more prominent that let it be possible to know better the next step after the garrison warning read, but it's too late unfortunatelly. But if I have to update again the pack sometime in the future I'll aply it. The essence there is that Katalin does not want to break in the slaughterhouse but lack of a better option she is bound to it finally.

Thanks for the responses, but something is definitely missing. A quest, I think.

I have opened the crypt. I have come out into the village. I have been in the church and found loot. I have crashed the party in the most ignorant way -- to wit, the guests are knocked out and lie in pools of wine -- and I have gone to the gates of the Fortress, doused the torches and put out the lights of the guards. Failing progress at that point, I climbed over a roof to the area where there is a putative stable with 74 stalls (it is referenced in a note in a room) and a house with loot and a safe. There are no new doors to open and there have been no new quests added to my journal since...since, I believe the start of the mission, or at least a very long time ago.

Edit: Methinks I taffeth overmuch, or perhaps not enough. I was sure I'd read that note. As usual, operator error. But climbing over the wall was fun!
    Last edited by Fraser; 19th Sep 2010 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Thanks for the responses, but something is definitely missing. A quest, I think.

I have opened the crypt. I have come out into the village. I have been in the church and found loot. I have crashed the party in the most ignorant way -- to wit, the guests are knocked out and lie in pools of wine -- and I have gone to the gates of the Fortress, doused the torches and put out the lights of the guards. Failing progress at that point, I climbed over a roof to the area where there is a putative stable with 74 stalls (it is referenced in a note in a room) and a house with loot and a safe. There are no new doors to open and there have been no new quests added to my journal since...since, I believe the start of the mission, or at least a very long time ago.

Edit: Methinks I taffeth overmuch, or perhaps not enough. I was sure I'd read that note. As usual, operator error. But climbing over the wall was fun!
    So, on the grate to the garrison is a warning that the garrison is closed and nobody is allowed inside except the guards with prisoners. After you read this you'll have an objective change and the 2 small gates to the slughterhouse opposite the wedding will be frobable (lockpickable). Pick a lock and rob the safe inside. The place is lighted well and hard to see the highlight difference on the gates. The wall climbing is not in the plan, if you managed to do it somehow it's a wrong way.

Once again you come up with an awesome campaign, Sensut !
    Thanks !
    Very beautiful maps, pretty good gameplay and a very interesting storyline.

And some funny moments, too.
    Prolog (in guard-station):
    Prisoner: "I don't want to talk about it."
    Garrett: "Ehhmm... what ? Yeah, sure pal." (or something similar)

I love this one, because this was perfectly unexpected and unusual

Right now I am in Blood and Ice.
    Any hint on secret #3, please ?
    I have Elizabeth's private secret and the icy one.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Right now I am in Blood and Ice.
    Any hint on secret #3, please ?
    I have Elizabeth's private secret and the icy one.
    If you miss the one I think you do, take a good look at paintings in the corridor next to Elizabeth´s bedroom.

Since I really enjoyed playing the first three missions when they came out originally (I still regard Sensut the best DromEd architecture designer we've ever had), I decided to play them all again. Just finished the first mission. But do I remember incorrectly, or was it totally changed from the game play point of view? No more objectives of meeting the actress, finding the mirror, finding the tortured servant,...?
    I think I liked the original better...it had more game play and more story.

On to the second mission.

If you miss the one I think you do, take a good look at paintings in the corridor next to Elizabeth´s bedroom.
    You mean A.+Eve ?
    Got that one already, so it must be somewhere else.
    Didn't find anything else in this area.

You mean A.+Eve ?
    Got that one already, so it must be somewhere else.
    Didn't find anything else in this area.
    So you´ve been through the whole Ouroboros thing, and found the extra room in the crypt? Sorry, I didn´t understand you meant that.

I see no third secret mentioned in my loot list, so I don´t know where that one is.

So you´ve been through the whole Ouroboros thing, and found the extra room in the crypt? Sorry, I didn´t understand you meant that.
    I see no third secret mentioned in my loot list, so I don´t know where that one is.
    Yes, got that one.
    Thanks anyway !

With respect to loot: got everything except for 20g.
    So, I have 7210/7230.
    I dare to say that the last 20 are not obtainable. Seems like a bug to me.
    It should be a firepoker in the quarters near 'your' prison and the Captains quarters - or maybe rather in the dining room close by that is supposed to get some cleaning.
    Does your lootlist say something different ?
    Where did you get it (lootlist and/or firepoker)?
    Last edited by gnartsch; 20th Sep 2010 at 16:49.

With respect to loot: got everything except for 20g.
    So, I have 7210/7230.

Does your lootlist say something different ?
    Where did you get it (lootlist and/or firepoker)?
    I made my own list when I played for the second time. I still miss 70 loot in this mission (and I have no firepoker in the list).

EDIT: problem solved - there are only two secrets in the mission (at least on Expert).
    Last edited by jiansonz; 21st Sep 2010 at 03:22.

All Souls Day
    Is there a way to get into the parlor ?
    When I open the right door the mission will fail since Thurzo notices me.
    There is another door, but no key to it ???

Thanks !

Did you get to the entry to that hallway, from the bathroom upstairs?

I don't remember correctly, but I know I had the same problem.
    Check the threads about this mission also.
    I'm sory to not be of more help to you here

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

All Souls Day
    Is there a way to get into the parlor ?
    When I open the right door the mission will fail since Thurzo notices me.
    There is another door, but no key to it ???

Thanks !
    Probably they are alerted already to level 2 from the outside (by sounds or something), and in this case the door sound is enough for level 3 alertness. Leave that place for a time and try it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Probably they are alerted already to level 2 from the outside (by sounds or something), and in this case the door sound is enough for level 3 alertness. Leave that place for a time and try it later.
    No luck, unfortunately.
    I went all the way back to the village going for some loot and returned skeaksy quite a while later.
    Although nobody at all seems alerted to any degree, the new objective comes up with status failed.
    Thurso says only 'It is quite a while since I taxed that village'.
    Did I run across this guy earlier already and alerted him, but the mission fails no sooner then you open the door and get the new objective ? Not sure ...
    Well, since there doesn't seem to be anything important in that room (except for some precious loot, sigh) I am ready to move on to the next mission.
    Thanks anyway !

I like your missions very much !
    Based on history and with pretty good athmosphere & details.

No luck, unfortunately.
    I went all the way back to the village going for some loot and returned skeaksy quite a while later.
    Although nobody at all seems alerted to any degree, the new objective comes up with status failed.
    Thurso says only 'It is quite a while since I taxed that village'.
    Did I run across this guy earlier already and alerted him, but the mission fails no sooner then you open the door and get the new objective ? Not sure ...
    Well, since there doesn't seem to be anything important in that room (except for some precious loot, sigh) I am ready to move on to the next mission.
    Thanks anyway !

I like your missions very much !
    Based on history and with pretty good athmosphere & details.
    There is nothing important anyway, you can skip that room. I don't know what may have happened there, something collided with something possibly in the game system . The things like this happens.

Playing this campaign is so much fun !

I am just at the end of 'Pagan Fear' right now.
    But I am afraid there is a loot-bug here.
    The optional objective 'Dont leave any loot behind' won't check off (on Expert).
    I have 7295/7545.
    I figured out what the missing loot is : 5 TrVaseIndigo
    According to DromED they are worth 50 each.
    These are the frobbable purple vases, that either reveal some loot inside or produce a message 'NOTHING INSIDE'.

But since they can not be taken themselves, they should not have any loot value assigned.

I think there is a minor loot issue in 'Blood and Ice', too. (plaing on Expert)
    I got 7210/7230 and found that I am missing a firepoker worth 20 somewhere near the Captains quarters/Elizabeths prison.
    There was one or two, but all were unfrobbable.
    Could you give a hint on secret#3 in that mission, please ?
    I got the secret in Elizabeths rooms that reveals the oroborous quest and the one in the freezer

Thanks !

gnartsch -

EDIT: problem solved - there are only two secrets in the mission (at least on Expert).

The optional objective 'Dont leave any loot behind' won't check off (on Expert).
    I have 7295/7545.
    I figured out what the missing loot is : [SPOIL]5 TrVaseIndigo
    According to DromED they are worth 50 each...
    OK, thanks! I didn't want to put in this task altogether, fortune that I left it for optional one The loot is not my strenght

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    gnartsch -
    I must admit I have problems accepting this post without further explanation.
    Does it say there would be 3 secrets if I was NOT playing on expert ?
    Or are there only 2 secrets no matter what level I play
    and for some reason the game reports 3 anyway?
    It would be nice to have this one explained once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    OK, thanks! I didn't want to put in this task altogether, fortune that I left it for optional one The loot is not my strenght
    I am clearly volunteering for your next mission as beta-tester

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast