TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Bathory Campaign 3.0 New Dark (25/03/2013)

Blood and Ice...

I cannot for the life of me find this dead rat to spoil the soup. Can't even find a live one to kill. Can someone help me out?

Sensut - I'm looking forward to playing the rest of these missions. I loved the originals, and I'm really liking these too.

Quote Originally Posted by firedance99 View Post
    I cannot for the life of me find this dead rat to spoil the soup. Can't even find a live one to kill. Can someone help me out?
    If I recall correct, there is even a written hint to be found in the kitchen area.
    You should find a dead rat in some bathroom/restroom close by.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I must admit I have problems accepting this post without further explanation.
    Does it say there would be 3 secrets if I was NOT playing on expert ?
    Or are there only 2 secrets no matter what level I play
    and for some reason the game reports 3 anyway?
    It would be nice to have this one explained once and for all.
    Only 2 is. I found an object with "Hidden" property ( I don't know how this got there), what is needed for a secret trap only and the regular game identifies it for a secret immediately and shows three because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by firedance99 View Post
    A dead rat is right there in the bathroom, in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    A dead rat is right there in the bathroom, in the corner.
    I can't believe I missed that.

Only 2 is. I found an object with "Hidden" property ( I don't know how this got there), what is needed for a secret trap only and the regular game identifies it for a secret immediately and shows three because of this.
    Hmmm - I must have a slightly different (better?) version of the mission pack: at the end of Blood & Ice the Stats screen told me I had 2 of 2 secrets.....

(That object remained "Hidden" for me? )

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Hmmm - I must have a slightly different (better?) version of the mission pack: at the end of Blood & Ice the Stats screen told me I had 2 of 2 secrets.....

(That object remained "Hidden" for me? )
    It's a trap (not a concrete object), what disappears in certain cases only, if you move from a place to other on a certain route. In this case the trap is activated and deleted, and the final Status shows 2 secrets. But if it wasn't activated (let's say you approached on an other way), the trap remains until the end of the game and causes 3 secrets on the Status screen. It's a mistake, not the trap but the "Hidden" property on it.

Fallen

So far, I've been enchanted by the missions. Alas, there is some problem for me there.

I have found the bag of gold located in the top of the mill, hidden in a chest. I have tried to share it with the frobable ragdoll to no success. I have tried to put it in the frobable crate to be send to Peter... still no success. I didn't see any frobable sack.

Plus, I have rescued Katalin and brought her back to the starting crypt and the objective didn't check.

I hope it's not the script that didn't load.

Quote Originally Posted by TricKsteR80 View Post
    So far, I've been enchanted by the missions. Alas, there is some problem for me there.

I have found the bag of gold located in the top of the mill, hidden in a chest. I have tried to share it with the frobable ragdoll to no success. I have tried to put it in the frobable crate to be send to Peter... still no success. I didn't see any frobable sack.

Plus, I have rescued Katalin and brought her back to the starting crypt and the objective didn't check.

I hope it's not the script that didn't load.
    To share the gold first youneed a SACK, look for it in the mill. And you must leave Katalin in the octagonal room in the crypt.

AND MY RESPECT FOR LGS: upcoming "LOOTHUNTER", a city based mission with Garrett.

Thanks Sensut !

I didn't check very well that part of the mill

Now in the epilogue, searching for the chest

One secret and some loot

Sensut,

Let me join the choir in praising this stunningly beautiful and immensely enjoyable campaign. This one, together with Dracula, would most certainly qualify as a full Thief reprise (Thief 2.5X - "The Carpathian Tales"?).
    However, I'd very much appreciate a lootlist to enhance the pleasure. In addition, I cannot idenfify the fifth sercret in Pagan Fear. I have the statue in the small room next to the conference hall, the banner in Cpt.Bojta's office, and 2 bookswitches in the library (a small lever in the bedroom belongs to the same one) . Would you please help my obsessive soul with a nudge?
    BTW, we happen to have the same first name, as you can recognize it hidden in my alias. Nothing important, just good to see...

Another Csabi is always welcome

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Is there a prequel to this one? If so, what is it called?

Quote Originally Posted by Umicel View Post
    Is there a prequel to this one? If so, what is it called?
    The first three missions had previously been released, though with some changes. I've just finished this set of missions (another excellent job Sensut) and had a look through saves of the older versions after finishing.

The prologue has changed a little, but essentially the same mission. I suspect All Souls Day falls into this category too. However, Blood and Ice is a complete reworking - some themes remain the same but the buildings have been changed completely.

I mean when i started the first mission of this campaign, it said Carpathian Tales 2, which would mean there is a prequel to this campaign?

I mean when i started the first mission of this campaign, it said Carpathian Tales 2, which would mean there is a prequel to this campaign?
    Yes, the Dracula series .

Ah, thank you, Sensut. Where can i get the most recent version of Dracula Reloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Sensut,

Let me join the choir in praising this stunningly beautiful and immensely enjoyable campaign. This one, together with Dracula, would most certainly qualify as a full Thief reprise (Thief 2.5X - "The Carpathian Tales"?).
    However, I'd very much appreciate a lootlist to enhance the pleasure. In addition, I cannot idenfify the fifth sercret in Pagan Fear. I have the statue in the small room next to the conference hall, the banner in Cpt.Bojta's office, and 2 bookswitches in the library (a small lever in the bedroom belongs to the same one) . Would you please help my obsessive soul with a nudge?
    BTW, we happen to have the same first name, as you can recognize it hidden in my alias. Nothing important, just good to see...
    Akkor szevasz .
    As I see you missed one secret in the garrison, look for it in the servant's room in the basement where the clue about the false octagram is (the crumpled paper beside the stove). After read it you can move the small cabinet there.

Ah, thank you, Sensut. Where can i get the most recent version of Dracula Reloaded?
    The links in its thread are valid.

thanks again. the ones i found were version 1.1

Akkor szevasz .
    As I see you missed one secret in the garrison, look for it in the servant's room in the basement where the clue about the false octagram is (the crumpled paper beside the stove). After read it you can move the small cabinet there.

Aha... I should have known, after so many keys, surgical knifes and other objects becoming frobbable only after reading their proper message. Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to continue the desperate loot hunt, still missing quite a lot (about 2000 in the total campaign, most of that in Menial and Pagan Fear).
    És persze köszönöm, szia!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Another Csabi is always welcome

Thank you, Gloria! "Csabi" when you are under 14, and "Csaba" after 60...

Many years ago, at an international science meeting (in Amsterdam!), the three of us representing Hungary all happened to be "Csaba". A British colleague was stupefied: "Do you Magyars all have this exotic first name?" - I couldn't resist the temptation: "No, only those who deserve it..."

Need help in Menial Faithfulness

Can't get into the Fortress in Mehadia.. I'm playing on easy and have all of the objectives completed except entering the fortress and I'm stuck. There is a metal door at the base of the fortress that is locked. Also a gate in the catacombs that doesn't appear frobbable. Am I on the right track ? I've been in every nook and cranny that I can find. I have the seal and the captain's keys.

chynzo - you need to read the notice by the gate leading to the castle area. You'll get new objective & then re-check the area just past the sleeping guard.

damn! that was good

brilliant campaign, thank you, thank you, thank you, I loved all the little touches, the bodies you couldn't pick up as they were too heavy, the timers on the lights, the way inventory objects would clean themselves up after use and graphically it was just beautiful

many thanks to all the contributors who made the custom models and donated their time and energy too

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast