TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Bathory Campaign 3.0 New Dark (25/03/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Any advice for me?
    Yes, the chimney entrance and the guard in the tower who has the key are quite far away from the note. It´s close to the gate area with the dragon statue, about halfway around the castle from the prison area you started in.

Or you can check jiansonz' other post on this point

Menial Faithfulness

I've opened the countess' tomb. I heard something opening, but cannot figure out what. I went downstairs and nothing. When I came back up the tomb had closed again and the opening key had disappeared.....

ok...found, as usual.......
    Last edited by maga; 9th Oct 2010 at 12:27.

@jello: there are two readables for this. Find them and it should be easy to figure out the combination (I often suck at things like this but I had no problem here...)

Can anybody here be more......precise? Maths impaired here.......

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    @jello: there are two readables for this. Find them and it should be easy to figure out the combination (I often suck at things like this but I had no problem here...)

Can anybody here be more......precise? Maths impaired here.......
    My maths are not impaired, but the safe combination fooled me for some time. I interpreted "twice the number" to mean the number multiplied by 2. So I tried 148 and 0148. Nope. It is the number laid next to itself side by side. My problem was using too much math.
    Last edited by smithpd; 9th Oct 2010 at 23:07.

Pagan Fear

In Pagan Fear I find a big pit with a draw bridge. In that area I find a skeleton up high in a cave. There is a note written by the skeleton, when he was alive, about an amulet in the lava. Now, the skeleton claims that he took it, but I have scoured that area and can't find it. Is the clue wrong? Is the amulet in that pit area, or is this just a clue about where it remains hidden? It seems like a big deal just to present a clue. Yeah, I am thinking too much. So, anyway, what is the deal with that skeleton?

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    In Pagan Fear I find a big pit with a draw bridge. In that area I find a skeleton up high in a cave. There is a note written by the skeleton, when he was alive, about an amulet in the lava. Now, the skeleton claims that he took it, but I have scoured that area and can't find it. Is the clue wrong? Is the amulet in that pit area, or is this just a clue about where it remains hidden? It seems like a big deal just to present a clue. Yeah, I am thinking too much. So, anyway, what is the deal with that skeleton?
    That man stumbled upon the amulet once but he did not succeed. Was wounded and then dead. It's only a trace with some loot.

I've opened the countess' tomb. I heard something opening, but cannot figure out what. I went downstairs and nothing. When I came back up the tomb had closed again and the opening key had disappeared.....
    This is properly. After the tomb is open they come for the body, then the tomb will be closed. Anything else does not open there.
    Last edited by Sensut; 10th Oct 2010 at 03:44.

As soon as you post a question, the answer is bound to come. I just found the fourth amulet, so it was a clue after all. The wording was a little confusing concerning whether he succeeded or not.

LOOTLISTS

Here are the full, complete lootlists by jiansonz (thanks jiansonz ), which will be included in the upcoming final package as well, the last one that comes soon with the loot corrections between many other things.

edit: LOOTLISTS - HTML VERSION
    Last edited by Sensut; 10th Oct 2010 at 06:16.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    My maths are not impaired, but the safe combination fooled me for some time. I interpreted "twice the number" to mean the number multiplied by 2. So I tried 148 and 0148. Nope. It is the number laid next to itself side by side. My problem was using too much math.
    That's what I had been doing too!!!
    Thanks smithpd!

In Pagan Fear, where do I use the Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    In Pagan Fear, where do I use the Pick?
    You can open the big, double mine gates with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Yes, I discovered it a few minutes after posting. Thanks.

Sensut,

What a nice campaign!

Absolutely top af the art work!!

Thanx!!!

Thanks, and I'm glad you like it

Here is the final update that there may be archived. There will not be more updates.

Pagan fear

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    But......where do I find the pick????

rotting away in the room with the safe

jiansonz: Thank you for the help. The chimney is not where I expected it to be at all. And I did wonder about that small metal door in the wall. After reading the clues, I started Menial Faithfulness over again, and searched everything very carefully. I found the key and have the lockpicks.

NEW PROBLEM:
    Completed all objectives except the optional money one and the one about discovering who took the chests of gold. Others, like "stay alive" can't get checked off until the end anyway.

I robbed the safe and triggered the trap, but no one is coming to get me and take me to the prison. Should I have finished the other objectives first? Is that what was meant by "once you rob the safe there's no going back"?

little ps: what's up with the dead rat in the foot locker in the wooden part of the tower? It takes effort to get into and off of that platform. I expected a reward of loot or a secret! Not a lousy dead rat. Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    jiansonz: Thank you for the help. The chimney is not where I expected it to be at all. And I did wonder about that small metal door in the wall. After reading the clues, I started Menial Faithfulness over again, and searched everything very carefully. I found the key and have the lockpicks.

NEW PROBLEM:
    Completed all objectives except the optional money one and the one about discovering who took the chests of gold. Others, like "stay alive" can't get checked off until the end anyway.

I robbed the safe and triggered the trap, but no one is coming to get me and take me to the prison. Should I have finished the other objectives first? Is that what was meant by "once you rob the safe there's no going back"?

There has to be a unread letter in your inventory...

little ps: what's up with the dead rat in the foot locker in the wooden part of the tower? It takes effort to get into and off of that platform. I expected a reward of loot or a secret! Not a lousy dead rat. Sheesh!
    Yes, a dead rat Not all gold what gleams .

But......where do I find the pick????
    One is in the mine near the gates in a corner, and an another outside in the cave with the huge spider, below the bridge to the pagan area, in the old chest.

Rats! Sensut is a great big

awesome, i make it to souls' day on v1.1 and you bring this. now i have to start all over. rawr! anyways, thanks for the updates for 7 x86, since thats what im running.

Quote Originally Posted by Umicel View Post
    awesome, i make it to souls' day on v1.1 and you bring this. now i have to start all over. rawr! anyways, thanks for the updates for 7 x86, since thats what im running.
    You don't need to play again the whole campaign, you can skip missions pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End combination.

but then i would miss the changes on the first 2 missions.

Thank you, Sensut, for a great mission pack and a huge amount of fun for about a week. The architecture, the story, etc., are all magnificent.

It has been some time, but I seem to recall that an earlier version had more scenes involving Bathory and the alleged crimes she committed, such as a bathtub full of blood. The older version left more doubt about her innocence. I also remember that large room in the now-ruined castle, the room with the large fireplace and the lowering pedestal, as being the scene of a climactic event, which I guess is no longer there. Is my memory correct? Are those older versions still available? They were fun, too. It is good to have both.

I want to tell you about something stupid I did at Katalin's cell.
    spoiler:
    I got to Katalin's cell, and I saw the chain. I looked through my inventory for the pry bar, which I had found in the mill, as the obvious tool to break the chain. It never occurred to me to use my fine fencing sword to cut the chain -- that would ruin the sword. I knew I had picked the pry bar up at the mill, but it was missing from inventory. Thinking I must have dropped the pry bar, I went back to the mill and did not find it. So, I replayed from the mill location, making sure that I always had the pry bar in inventory at every stage. I learned that if you open the mill door using Thurzo's master key, the pry bar disappears from inventory (a bug), because you presumed that the player would open it with the pry bar, and it acted as a disappearing key. I found another route around the door so I could keep the pry bar. When I got back to Katalin's cell, the pry bar didn't work! I had to use my precious sword to cut the chain. Doh!

So, I guess this is an example of rigid thinking, but it was motivated in part by a small bug.
    Last edited by smithpd; 13th Oct 2010 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    I'm stuck in menial faithfulness, about "pretending to be a thief", I think i should rob the guard safe, but I don't ave the keys to either rooms? I have the guards keys though

Also on pagan fear, where are the 2 octograms? I found the main one in a tent and another in a gargoyle's mouth surrounded by lava which i supposedly disposed of 1 gold chest under a table (wheres the remaining 2?)
    Where's the gargoyle's mouth surrounded by lava?

As always.....found!
    But I'd like to know where to put them. I'm in the room downstairs where there's a semi transparent globe....nothing highlights........
    Last edited by maga; 13th Oct 2010 at 13:59.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast