TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: T2 Bathory Campaign 3.0 New Dark (25/03/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    There are 2 endings depending on which one you choose: the skull (and you find yourself in the prison and the mission fails); or the sword and you can continue the campaign.
    What happens is when you take the sword, he says "see you later", you end up in her room, but even going to the adjoining rooms doesn't end the mission, it was no big deal, I just ended it manually, but I thought it strange that the mission did not end on its own

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    What happens is when you take the sword, he says "see you later", you end up in her room, but even going to the adjoining rooms doesn't end the mission, it was no big deal, I just ended it manually, but I thought it strange that the mission did not end on its own
    You have to go into the bedroom.

yes, i did. mission did not end
    You have to go into the bedroom.

Just playing the prologue... somehow my moss arrows are not working. The bolts connect to the ground and no moss is spreading at all. Is this a common bug? Does anybody got a solution for this?

I mean I don't need the moss arrows desperately, but this issue keeps me wondering what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Another_Taffer View Post
    Just playing the prologue... somehow my moss arrows are not working. The bolts connect to the ground and no moss is spreading at all. Is this a common bug? Does anybody got a solution for this?

I mean I don't need the moss arrows desperately, but this issue keeps me wondering what's going on.
    There was no problem with those arrows, I do not know what could be the problem.

I played the Bathory missions more than once and never experienced such a bug. But I have encountered it sometimes while playing other fan missions. Usually, only restarting the mission would help.

Apparently, this is something similar to what is often described as the "Deathstage 12 bug", but it happens randomly. Maybe it's a Dark Engine bug. I have even experienced it with frogbeast eggs a few times.

That's possible. Deathstage12 caused a lot of problems at that time. Just appeared out of nowhere and it was almost impossible to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    But I have encountered it sometimes while playing other fan missions. Usually, only restarting the mission would help.
    That did the trick, thank you very much.

@Sensut: Just finished the prologue this morning. And I am really stunned about the quality of this first level. The visuals, the music, the amosphere, the level design... simply the best FM I played until now. Though I haven't played so many FMs up to today. But who cares, I just couldn't stop playing until it was finished. And the end gave me pleasant shivers.

I'm really excited to see how the rest of the missions keep up with this quality.

Ok .

I found a little problem with these 2 campaigns (Dracula and Bathory, and probably more FMs), regarding the new 1.19 patch. At start a script installation error pop up, which means not really error but a script version control location problem. Namely this script control looks for the needful script files in Thief 2 directory and warns the player if these modules are missing from there. Now the problem with it is that the new FM selector runs the installed FMs from another directory, not from Thief 2 main directory as Darkloader did, and the script control can not find the appropriate script files there. The solution: before start these FMs copy the script files into the main Thief2 directory from the mission zip (there is a subdirectory named "install_scripts" with these files). That's all.

Just to clarify: are there any such script-loading problems when using DL (& 1.19)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Just to clarify: are there any such script-loading problems when using DL (& 1.19)?
    With DarkLoader no, only with the new FM selector, because uses a different folder for FMs. That's the problem, the different folder, because the script controller checks only the main T2 directory, and if the module is not found there shows that warning even if the scripts works well.

Thanx for that, Sensut! Considering that issue &, e.g., what Albert reported here, it seems FMSel needs a few tweaks & fixes - based on what the author(s) have done with the rest of 1.19, those fixes can't be far off.

Well I'm glad we are taking initiative on this. Definitely will work for the best.

Aha, so that's the problem. It sounds like what I experienced when I tried Assault at the gas station. It was complaining about latest script versions for tnhscript and more, but I made sure I have those. I gave up and moved on to something else.

That directory thing sounds like what the documentation is mentioning

OSM Author Notes
    ----------------

Custom OSMs that access files directly have to ensure that they work correctly with the new native FM system, or
    the FMs that use them will fail (unless they're installed the old fashioned way, bypassing the native FM system).
    When an FM is active, an OSM that wants to access a file must first look for the file in the FM's dir, and then
    the current working dir.
    I saw that the latest osm files also included source code. I might take a look at that tonight and see if I can find something.

Just in case, copy all of the latest custom scripts into Thief2 directory and leave them there forever, including the renamed files, just like mine. Does not disturb anything in other games and when any missions needs them, will be found there and no problems. There are 3 essential custom script releases:

Telliamed's
    NV's
    Gaylesaver's

I think this is a good solution.

Yes, although a bit annoying. We should throw all these scripts together into one .zip file, and/or distribute them with FMSel.

Just in case, copy all of the latest custom scripts into Thief2 directory and leave them there forever
    That's good to know. I'll probably still poke around a bit and see if it can be solved the other way too, to satisfy my pedantic side, but if it doesn't lead anywhere it's not a problem anymore with your solution.

When an FM is active, an OSM that wants to access a file must first look for the file in the FM's dir, and then
    the current working dir.
    This should not affect most scripts. It does confuse version.osm. The following missions are affected:

All Torc (tnhScript, Public Scripts)
    The Cell Next Door (Public Scripts)
    Wedding at the Bar (tnhScript)
    Assault at the Gas Station (Public Scripts, tnhScript)
    The Librarian (tnhScript, Public Scripts, NVScript)
    Bathory parts 1&2 (Public Scripts, tnhScript)
    CoSaS Mission X (many)

Most of these can be handled by installing the scripts manually in the Thief directory. (Unfortunately, I think the game will still load the mission's scripts even if they're older than the top-level version.) MissionX is trickier because it uses many unique scripts. I'll have to investigate further to see how to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
    CoSaS Mission X (many)
    I checked and although it loads the OSM, it does not actually use VersionCheck, so it should be fine.

I also think there may be issues with missions that use helper libraries. Be sure that you have DH2.OSL and DarkHooks.dlx in the game folder.

Thank you! I checked too and the scripts are not affected, only "version" is confused, but olny with the new FM Selector. There are no problems in DarkLoader and GarrettLoader.

Thank you! I checked too and the scripts are not affected, only "version" is confused, but olny with the new FM Selector. There are no problems in DarkLoader and GarrettLoader.
    But the version check still succeeds if you have the latest copies of the three well-known script packages in the main Thief directory, correct?

(BTW, is anyone else with Chrome not able to edit their posts?)

Yes, if the modules are copied manually to T2 dir, FM Selector works fine as well.

Edit: looks like the problem with the general use of the latest script versions occurs at those FMs in which the author added the version number as well for the version checker.
    Last edited by Sensut; 5th Oct 2012 at 06:44.

I think I got something working that doesn't require being in the main directory. I set the version to 2.11 so it doesn't get mixed up with normal one. Download.

Thanks! Looks like is working from the FM pack. Installed the FM with the new fm selector and overwrited "version.osm" with this new one in the unpacked mission directory under FMs. For my 2 campaigns I had to rename it to "vrdracul.osm" because in this name is loaded.

With the Carpathian cycle, the new scripst (or renamed scripts, whatever) have to be in the Thief 2 directory. However, this requirement is inconsistant. With "A Weakend Getaway" you have to use an older version of thnscript (1.5.4 is what comes in the zip file, 2.1 is the latest.) The game crashes with v2.1, I originally had to remove v2.1 and install 1.5.4 into my Thief 2 directory. However, FMSel doesn't seem to have this problem, the FM works just fine with 2.1 in my Thief 2 directory and 1.5.4 in the zip file. I have no idea what FMSel does to make the game run right with FMs but it seems that in the case of some scripst it uses the one in the FM directory and in others they have to be in the Thief 2 directory.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526272829 LastLast