TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38131823242526272829 LastLast

Thread: T2 Bathory Campaign 3.0 New Dark (25/03/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sharonbn View Post
    I have a problem in Menial Faithfulness.

I opened the door to the stable vent, opened the grate in the wall, but I can't jump-squeeze into the opening. I am jumping like crazy trying angles and whatnot and just get stuck.

I am on v3.0.
    Hide weapons, your hands must be empty.

yep, sensut, it worked. thanks for the tip and for the wonderful campaign

Blood And Ice

There are previous questions regarding what to do in the crypt that have answers I don't understand. I'm supposed to follow the stare of a statue, but there is no statue, either upstairs or downstairs in the crypt. Unless you can go further in the crypt, in which case that would probably involve the triangle shape that highlights in the upper crypt (referencing the Ouroboros schema, which I do have in my inventory). The only ouroboros that I have is the silver one. The lock in the library I do not have the key for. So I'm looking for the key, but can't find it. I don't know where Kaitlin? is or what vase to smash. These are the things I'm reading to do.
    The walkthrough I'm trying to follow doesn't even reference the crypt. So I'm kinda wandering around here.

I managed to work things out here. My problem was not realizing that I had a sequence to go through. I neglected the significance of the 1st Ouroboros key in my inventory which opens the lock in the Throne room provding the second Ouroboros and additional key which then unlocks the wall safe in the library to provide the third and final Ouroboros creating the Trinity which placed upon the triangle shape moves the coffin in the lower crypt, thus providing access to loot and objective completion.

In other words....YEAH !! I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    I managed to work things out here. My problem was not realizing that I had a sequence to go through. I neglected the significance of the 1st Ouroboros key in my inventory which opens the lock in the Throne room provding the second Ouroboros and additional key which then unlocks the wall safe in the library to provide the third and final Ouroboros creating the Trinity which placed upon the triangle shape moves the coffin in the lower crypt, thus providing access to loot and objective completion.

In other words....YEAH !! I'm done.
    So, it's OK

Yes, I needed to walk away then come back to it with a fresh outlook. All is good now, at least with that mission.

Fallen

I need to find the noblewoman, which would be Marshall's gf right ? Where is she ??

Found her...had my suspicions, but never stopped to interact...she's in the room with Cpt Hazugh, facing him while he's sitting on the bed. You have to bop her unconscious, then "use" blood flask on her.
    Last edited by Clock; 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:22. Reason: Found answer

Menial

Hello, can someone please tell me where to find rope arrows in Menial Faithfulness? I searched everywhere but no sign of them, can it be a bug? I see box with ropes inside the Steward office but no arrows.

Thanks for any help.

P.S

Playing the 3.0 Campaign.

There are no rope arrows in MF but Vine arrows, for example here:

... and here:

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    There are no rope arrows in MF but Vine arrows, for example here:
    Oh sorry, really didn't noticed them, many thanks for the help and i'm really enjoying your great work!

Edited post as problem was solved.
    Last edited by piesel; 30th Dec 2014 at 18:06.

Alright, I'm playing the second to last mission, Fallen, and I've figured most of it out so far. What do I need to do to get the blood of a noblewoman in a vial? It's not written in the thiefmissions linked walkthrough. I'm at the area with the Morningstar and Mill currently.

Does none really have the answer? It's been some time since I asked that question. I know, this campaign was released a long time ago, and the author has probably stopped turning up here, with interest having dropped in the campaign, but I would still expect some sort of help from here.

Okay, I should have read a little harder. Clock's post has the answer. That is quite unintuitive. You knockout a woman to get her blood, as opposed to killing her?

Thank you

Just finished this campaign (well, not quite, still in the Epilogue) and I felt that I need to say how much I enjoyed it. This is one of the best FMs I've ever played (if not THE best). The story was immense, a lot of texts to read with many "out-of-screen" characters to remember, but how it was all resolved in the end... with some twists. Just marvelous.
    The best moment was when Elizabeth actually comes out from the dead... with a huge taffin' sword and fireballs! This rocks for several reasons. First, all the little creepy details (and menu art...) hinted on some afterlife (plus, Dracula campaign...). Second, you actually get to play as undead for the first time (that I know of) - with range attacks and stuff. That's taffin' awesome!
    The only little complain is that people don't react to you properly in the last mission - you're a taffin' ghost! Everyone should be scared like hell, but instead regard you as "thief" and react normal.

Also really like the little performance at the beginning of Epilogue, where actual undead guardians (which were mentioned in the letter) walk towards their "posts"... Such little details MAKES the atmosphere.

Looking forward to play some more awesomeness from Sensut!

Ok I must be blind as I can't find the seal to get in the crypt in mission 1 Blood and Ice? So where is it please?

Edit: Found it right after posting. And loved the surprise of what I saw in my chambers after poisoning the wine earlier. Still an awesome campaign that still offers new surprises.
    Last edited by Stingm; 26th Feb 2017 at 03:11.

In Menial, I found one secret in the crypt but I can't find the other one. Can someone please give me an hint ?

Menial Faithfulness

Replaying again, for something like 3rd or 4th time.

As a completionist, I really like to see all the parts of a mission, but I may have screwed things up this playthrough. It went like this:

* I didn't go down the hatch in the first outer tower that has a hatch.

* I took the chimney route to the Forge as soon as I found the key for this. Plenty of stuff left to do in the outer courtyard...

Been playing in the main part of mission (with the drawbridge, elevator, stable, etc.) and the only things left to do in the late parts of the mission are the two areas you take a portal to. Now I want to go back to the early parts of the mission, but it seems I can't. Is that really the case, or is there any key or passage I have overlooked?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got back the same way I got in, thanks to some crates and the power of NewDark mantling.

there is a way to get back,use crowbar on some grates

also i remember a drop into a oven chimney that took me back,and possible elevator key also gets you back

across from horse stable you have to frob in one of those floor vents to get a elevator key =i think you missed that?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    there is a way to get back,use crowbar on some grates

also i remember a drop into a oven chimney that took me back,and possible elevator key also gets you back

across from horse stable you have to frob in one of those floor vents to get a elevator key =i think you missed that?
    I haven't found any crowbar in this mission.

Other than the back-up-through-chimney route I took, I see only two possible routes back to the early part:

* One goes down the elevator shaft, through the underground passage, into a tower with a series of ladders (4-5 ladders) going up. At the top is a locked and indestructible wooden door. It opens with 'Captains keyring', which I didn't have at the time because it's located in the captain's quarters (a bit past the area where I jumped into the chimney chute).

* The other way goes past the area with an archer close to the armory (the locked one that you can enter from a series of wooden beams), sort of 'behind' and above the elevator room, through a small passage and ends with a locked metal door. The room on the other side of the door is the same as the bottom of the tower close to the start you can enter through a floor hatch. The key to this door is in that very room. There is a guard in there. He reacted (started searching) to me banging on the door but never approached the door.

I'm just starting this campaign, but I feel like I'm already missing something. Is there no README for this mission?

There IS an RTF info file that I can view with the mission loader, but it only has release notes, system notes, etc... none of the usual story setup for a mission.

And when I start the campaign with the "prequel" mission, all I get is someone telling me that something strange is going and be extra careful.

What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Motley Fool View Post
    I'm just starting this campaign, but I feel like I'm already missing something. Is there no README for this mission?

There IS an RTF info file that I can view with the mission loader, but it only has release notes, system notes, etc... none of the usual story setup for a mission.

And when I start the campaign with the "prequel" mission, all I get is someone telling me that something strange is going and be extra careful.

What did I miss?
    Reading your notes (inventory item) should help you get the story going.

Is there a working walkthrough somewhere?
    I also can't find the whole campaign walkthrough in Ricebug's list.

Playing in Fallen: I can't remember how to open the door up in the mill to get my loot for father Peter.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Is there a working walkthrough somewhere?
    I also can't find the whole campaign walkthrough in Ricebug's list.

Playing in Fallen: I can't remember how to open the door up in the mill to get my loot for father Peter.

A walkthrough can be found at http://www.thief2fanwalks.angelcities.com/page0130.html. It is not easy to read, as the author describes every one of the missions in one extremely long sentence. Furthermore, the site tends to throw a lot of advertisements at the reader, opening additional windows in the internet browser, and it may take a minute or so until the page finally arrives at the reader's computer. But once that has happened, one can select the window with the actual content and read the walkthroughs there.

As for the mill, my old notes for this mission say that the player can find a gate or door near the ramp leading up to the monument. This gate can be opened with the Mill key (or "Mill entrance key", perhaps). I am not certain where one can get that key; the walkthrough I wrote about says that it can be found near the doll where one can get the objective to help the little girl. My notes, however, say that it might be on the miller's belt, or maybe in a guard house near the monument, or maybe in a wardrobe or cupboard in the little house near the mill.

My notes as well as the walkthrough do mention another way to enter the mill, however. One of Thurzo's keys (a "Thurzo Master key", perhaps?) should open another door into the mill.

My notes further mention that I did once enter the upper part of the mill by going around the building by using a ramp and then climbing up the roof there. Finally, I entered the mill through some open door or window. I then used a crowbar to remove a partially hidden grate near the pedestal on which the crowbar could be found. There should be gold behind that grate somewhere.

Pretty confusing, but that's all I can offer you.

In Ricebug's walkthroughs, there are only some for older, single mission versions of the first missions used in the campaign. These older versions may differ a lot from the ones found in the Bathory campaign.

Just finished a playthrough of the revised version

One issue in Fallen, near the start of the mission in the garden there's a statue behind a font in a stone shrine, there's a cross with one of the sacralis things that hurt in front of it, no matter where I shot it with a fire spell I couldn't find a sweet spot that would destroy it, so eventually I left it, I tried using the sword on it, that just got me killed .. slayed ? whatever applies to an undead anyway

Damn but that was fun, thanks again Sensut, my belated condolences for your friend

Has anyone else ran into a god awful issue, in Pagan Fear mission? All weapons I use fade to near invisible and are unusable? I try shooting a rope arrow and my crossbow goes like translucent then emits this weird halo almost like rippling water. I throw an item, gas bomb and same thing I get a weird halo. I also alerted the pagan "witch" and when she attacks, her spell turns to halos and no impact at all, but my health goes down.

Just before I open the door with the warning about the dead, no problems with inventory. Once I actually hit the green grass this weird issue. I'm current new dark, using Fmsel and no graphic mods at all.
    Last edited by Ravenus1; 14th May 2018 at 00:50.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38131823242526272829 LastLast