TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491419242526272829

Thread: T2 Bathory Campaign 3.0 New Dark (25/03/2013)

I'm sure someone else will have more for you. But I would make sure you have the latest scripts. See if other other missions do this, even maybe see if the original game does it. That's a good place to start

Its strange for sure. I've been replaying through my Ginormous collection of missions the last few months and decide to replay Bathory and only in the Pagan area did this start happening, it also crashes the game out once this happens. I pull back an arrow the crossbow fades to translucent and then disappears, then when I let go a Halo appears. weird but it probably mean's that I have a messed up game folder. Just seems so strange happening only in this area.

Thanks

I had the same problem once, but in a specific area in the Dracula Reloaded campaign (version 1.2). I played that campaign with Thief 2 v1.18 ("vanilla", no special packs installed, and there was no NewDark either in these ancient times) in the summer of 2010, but when I entered a particular area in the third mission ("Traitors of Poenari"), things became weird. Sometimes, the crossbow would vanish once I tried to fire it, and during that, there were waves or ripples coming from the crossbow, looking like someone had thrown a stone into a pool of water. The staff (a weapon replacing the blackjack known from Garrett's adventures) didn't work anymore, either. It became transparent after selecting it, then vanished entirely.

All this happened in the area of the castle where Elizabeths rooms were located. The game also stuttered a lot in these rooms. Only when I finally reached the courtyard with the fountain again did the game run smoothly again. It happened with the computer I used at that time only if the CPU ran at 1.2 GHz. If I switched the CPU to 2.1 GHz, the stuttering did not happen, and the weapons worked normally.

I have never found out what was wrong there. A few weeks later, a new version of the campaign was published, and apparently, I never completed the former v1.2, then.

However, this rules out NewDark as well as FM-Selector. And I didn't notice that on any other missions, as far as I remember. Furthermore, I played the Dracula and Bathory campaigns a lot, and never again ran into that issue, AFAIK. Perhaps it's a very uncommon bug in some script Sensut used. Maybe it's somehow connected to the crowbar crossbow.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 19th May 2018 at 17:53. Reason: "Crossbow", not "crowbar"...

The way you described the issue you had, is exactly the same as myself.

I have since reinstalled and same issue with the saves, but no issue with any other mission. I have since started to play Dracula reloaded again without issue.

I'm unable to get beyond the Menial level. I can complete it, and it goes to the "continue" screen, but on clicking continue, Thief crashes. This has happened multiple times, so I'm giving up for now unfortunately. Any suggestions welcome. Playing on fully patched New Dark.

Otherwise a fantastic mission series!

Can't get into Parlour without objective failing

First of all I've played this Campaign at least four times and I think that it's epic. I played the old dark version a couple of times also.

It's regarding All Souls day.
    I have never encountered this before; when the player enterers the hallway where Thurzo is behind the two doors in the Parlour, I'm not able to open the unlocked door without failing the objective, about not letting Thurzo see you.

Mission wise it's not a problem, but as I recall I were able to open the door, and a conversation between Thurzo and another AI would begin and they would eventually leave the room. (This is how i recall it)

It's Bathory version 3.0 new dark, and I'm using new dark 1.26 with no custom scripts or mods. I have not changed anything since I played last time with new dark 1.25.

Edit: I'm using the built in FM loader.
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 21st Dec 2018 at 08:19. Reason: Added information

Its been a bit but I remember getting busted there too. My answer was to go in another way. There is a way to get in the bedroom and listen from there. You should be able to open another door There is also a secret in the room before that. Plus you need to get to the safe in the bedroom anyway. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Its been a bit but I remember getting busted there too. My answer was to go in another way. There is a way to get in the bedroom and listen from there. You should be able to open another door There is also a secret in the room before that. Plus you need to get to the safe in the bedroom anyway. Hope this helps!
    Thank you for your reply Stigm.

We are not talking about the same place. I don't mean the bedroom, but the Parlour where Thurzo is in All Souls Day.

Nuts your right. Im sorry. All Souls Day is the tomb and making your way up to and through the castle. I listen to that conversation from outside and enter after he leaves. I believe he goes down the hall after to another meeting room near a medical area. I never use the double doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Nuts your right. Im sorry. All Souls Day is the tomb and making your way up to and through the castle. I listen to that conversation from outside and enter after he leaves. I believe he goes down the hall after to another meeting room near a medical area. I never use the double doors.
    Hey don't be.
    Yes Thurzo wanderers down the hall I believe to meet up with the Warlords. I wanted to enter the Parlour for the loot only. Because I was short of loot, but after I posted I found a post in this thread about how to enter the fortune tellers shop where I found more than adequate.
    So I skipped the Parlour.
    I hoped that either someone would confirm what I wrote to be true, or that I maybe had made an error.
    I also thought that the author may be interested in this matter.

Can somebody help a taffer out here? I am on Pagan Fear and so far I have not found a single objective and I've been running around for 2 hours. I've been all over the compound where I was locked up and even visited the Turkish camp but still found nothing. I must be really blind because I feel like I was EVERYWHERE.

I think you need to search the big tent really well. Its the chiefs tent. Then look for a way into the cave. Check the ground near a tent near the entrance. Hope this helps a little.

Yes I've made some progress. Last thing I need is Dalmad's Octagram and I cannot for the life of me find it. I've checked the fancy tent from top to botton from left to right and came up with nothing.

My notes for the Bathory campaign state that you have to read two readables first, before you can take the Octagram. The first readable can be found in the garrison, where the player is imprisoned at the beginning of the mission. This readable mentions that a thief has carried the Octagram into the Turk camp.

In the Turk commander's fancy tent, you should then be able to find a second readable, a scroll lying on a chest to the right of the bed. Once you have read this one as well, the shield above the bed should light up when you come near to it, and by "using" (frobbing) the shield, you should be able to move it aside. The Octagram should be revealed then.

I have a question about "Fallen" .
    I've replayed this mission a lot of times, but I still don't know where to get the blood of a noblewoman. Anyone?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I have a question about "Fallen" .
    I've replayed this mission a lot of times, but I still don't know where to get the blood of a noblewoman. Anyone?

In the main castle, in one of the last rooms there you will get to (using the last set of castle keys you find).
    (There really aren't many noblewomen in the castle.)
    IIRC, you need to knock her out and use the blood flask on her.

I'm stuck in Pagan Fear. I searched all of the fortress, but cannot find a way to the Turkish camp. The map mentions a sewer, but it is gated shut and none of the keys work.
    Also, what is the crank key for?

UPDATE: Never mind, I didn't see the lock for the gate...
    Last edited by AnthroRob; 4th Oct 2019 at 11:09.

All Souls' Day issue

I'm having an issue in All Souls' Day...I make it to the Countess' Room and I find a message from Katalin. When I read the message, it disappears from my inventory (which seemed odd to me as it seems to contain important information). Any save I make after that point crashes the game when reloaded. I think this is somehow related to that message being removed once read, but not positive.

Anyone else encounter anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer2112 View Post
    I'm having an issue in All Souls' Day...I make it to the Countess' Room and I find a message from Katalin. When I read the message, it disappears from my inventory (which seemed odd to me as it seems to contain important information). Any save I make after that point crashes the game when reloaded. I think this is somehow related to that message being removed once read, but not positive.

Anyone else encounter anything like that?
    Evidently it's not related to that message from Katalin. I was able to get past that point and now just randomly have save reloads crash the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer2112 View Post
    Evidently it's not related to that message from Katalin. I was able to get past that point and now just randomly have save reloads crash the game.
    I ended up having to skip this mission after a non-save related game crash during what I'm assuming was the finale of All Souls' Day. Attempts to reload my save right before the finale were fruitless.

This message (from Rozi, if we mean the same message) seems to "behave" somewhat odd. In my notes about the Bathory campaign, I wrote that it sometimes vanishes some time after finding it. But apparently, it neither vanishes every time I played the mission, nor does it seem to vanish after an identifiable action, such as reading it. However, I may also have mixed part of this up with what happens in former versions of this mission, for some of my notes date back to the time when the first three Bathory missions were available as single missions. Several parts of the missions were very different than in the version most players are downloading and playing today.

I guess it's just that strange things happen once you get involved with vampires, undead and other creatures of the night.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 4th Dec 2019 at 09:02. Reason: Typos and other Bad Things(TM)

Thanks...I was glad that I was able to make it close to the end of the mission before I had to give up on it entirely and move to the next.

It's one hell of a great campaign so far.

Just finished after 11 hours in the campaign. What a masterpiece !!!
    Last edited by Relayer2112; 11th Dec 2019 at 22:37.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491419242526272829