TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is an upcoming video game sequel to the 2007 video game Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. The game will be published by Square Enix and released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows platforms.

Announced in November 2009, the game is described as having a new visual style inspired by documentary films and user-generated content. According to the press release, "every aspect of the game has been designed to deliver a fresh perspective to the words 'intensity' and 'realism'." A pair of teaser videos accompanying the announcement present game footage in a distorted surveillance camera perspective.
    The plot will concern Kane and Lynch traveling to China and getting involved with the Shanghai Underworld.
    Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days will include new Fragile Alliance multiplayer modes, expanding on the hybrid cooperative/non-cooperative gameplay of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.
    New Trailer

Bowling Trailer

Dog Trailer

Looks like the Hitman developers are gonna deliver something special this time.

I hope the port doesn't suck as bad as the first one. My FPS is 10 in some places.

Vivid, graphic and interesting. Animations are top notch in the video.

Keeping an eye on it.

It'll be on my to do list. The new visual theme they're planning on using sounds interesting.

I wonder if Jesper Kyd is still with them. I know he was freelance, but with the IO split he may have parted with the others. Would his style of music have any place in this game anyway considering their going all realistic and documentary style.

The first game sounded like a pretty fascinating concept in the writeups that I tracked down. Unfortunately I don't really seem to persevere that well with interesting games with broken mechanics, which is what this sounded like.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Zzzzz, more prerendered bollocks.

Fuck your "inspired by viral video" marketing BS. Post some gameplay footage already. Have they improved upon all of the broken and bad mechanics of the first game? Answer these questions, dammit.

Moderator and Priest
    Prerendered bollocks or not, I at least have to give them credit for aping Heat as well as they have.

Mister Science
    Kane & Lynch was going to be a good game an it shows at times, but Eidos, being Eidos released it before the game was finished.

Shanghai, huh?

My guess is Squeenix stealthily cancelled DX3 which wasn't going anywhere and transferred the assets to the K&L guys :P

Taking the Death Toll
    DON'T SAY THAT

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    Shanghai, huh?

My guess is Squeenix stealthily cancelled DX3 which wasn't going anywhere and transferred the assets to the K&L guys :P
    Buahahahha this gives me an idea for a whole slew of modernized and next-gen versions of our beloved classics. Thief 4: Modern Warfare anyone?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I received K&L1 as part of the Eidos complete pack in the Steam sale, so I've been downloading it out of curiosity to see if it's as bad as that Jeff Gershman said it was. My research shows that the PC version has just splitscreen co-op and that the 2nd player requires a 360 controller (player 1 can use M&KB). How bizarre.

There's no LAN or online co-op either. But hey, this might be an opportunity to play with my console-playing brother without having to sacrifice a superior control scheme for once.

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    Shanghai, huh?

Give it a rest with this shit already. For the last time, DX3 hasn't been cancelled you tinfoil hat wearing dolt.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 8th Jan 2010 at 00:46.

It's not dead, it's pining for the fnords!

Taking the Death Toll
    Unless you have proof that it's dead, please stop spreading filthy rumours you dumpsterslut

Unless you have proof that it lives (solid proof, not tweets by Steve Disastrous or some shit), ditto. Until then, do allow me to be the unfaithful Thomas.

Taking the Death Toll
    You're like those retards on moddb who keep screaming a mod is dead even if it updated like a week prior. Just because you don't get new screenshots on a daily basis does not mean DX3 is dead. Same goes for Square making the cutscenes. Unless there's an official announcement to the contrary, then DX3 is effectively still in production. Unless you're acting like it's dead because you want it to be, in which case you can get in line with the other glittering gems of hatred in ShockGen. Either way, the burden is on you, not us, to provide proof that it's dead. If you can't do that, then shut the fuck up already you boatcrowding nancy.

Tangentially related

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I bet that that van Helsing dipshit still reckons that DX3 has been cancelled, despite the teaser trailer released last week and the fact that they've announced that the game will be shown at E3.

As for Kane and Lynch, I played the game a couple months back and it was surprisingly fairly decent, definitely not as bad as people say. (I bought the Eidos Everything Pack when it was dirt cheap during the last Steam New Years sale) The narrative was above average too by usual game standards, both main characters were pretty well fleshed out. Kane's personal journey is entirely selfish and its bitter-sweet and unsatisfactory conclusion is karmicly justified given his horrible character.

IO definitely had guts to end the game the way that they did and it's worthy of commendation.

My biggest complaint was the god awful cover system, weak gunplay and when the game jumps the shark in the third act. It suddenly stops being a gritty Michael Mann inspired urban crime thriller and becomes a half-arsed military squad-based shooter set in Cuba.

Some of the set-pieces in the first two-thirds of the game are excellent. Such as the Heat-esque bank robbery and the Collateral inspired shoot-out in the Tokyo nightclub.

I've been following the press for Dog Days and it's sounds like they've definitely addressed the complaints of the first game. Like having more tactile shooting mechanics, a greatly overhauled cover system, dumping of the shitty squad mechanics and the game staying completely within urban locales. Oh yes and actually having fucking online co-op this time. Local only co-op in a game published as late as 2007, what were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Bruce Willis is a good fit, but Jamie Foxx? WTF indeed. Someone like Kevin Spacey or John Malkovich would've been far better suited for the rule.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 20th Mar 2010 at 02:30.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    But... he's... black... WTF

@EvaUnit; I haven't played more than the demo (Retomoto Tower) but it was definitely better than I expected. Sequel could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    But... he's... black... WTF
    In Holywood buddy movies one guy has to be white and grouchy and the other has to be black and streetwise.
    Last edited by Tenkahubu; 19th Mar 2010 at 12:46. Reason: typo

is Best Pony
    It might be worth pointing out for UK readers that you can now buy the first game from Amazon for less than 2.

Same here in the USA. $1.77. $3.99 shipping, iirc.

El Shagmeister

So K & L 2 is out for Steam.....no reviews yet.....heh.....remembering the whole GameSpot issue over the 1st game.

Hope this one's a sure-fire winner.

Any comments yet?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I played the demo, on 360, and it was very realistic looking. The gameplay was the same cover-mechanic fueled third person shootering we've seen in a million other games by now tho. Not that that's really a bad thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast