TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: do you want me to release my last mission? 97% complete

jtr7
    Yay! \o/

Classical Master 2008
    By the way, is this another 'Thieves Highway' style mission?

We are travelling in the other direction this time. HINT: the working title is VerumInferus.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    We are travelling in the other direction this time. HINT: the working title is VerumInferus.
    Great! The third mission of Two Fathers and The Time That Has Passed!

Classical Master 2008
    Also interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Great! The third mission of Two Fathers and The Time That Has Passed!
    Both great missions, & I'd love to see that story continued (completed?)

Whatever the case, a mission from you, uncadonego, is always something special

Well I am certainly pleased to hear the good news ! !

If there were a "Send Encouragement" button for this thread, uncadonego, consider it well and truly pressed

I don't want to describe it because I'm so sick and tired of it. To me it seems like a contrived series of detours and delays to make reaching your destination take longer. Nightwalker assures me that it doesn't play like that at all, and that it's just because I'm sick of it that I see it that way. That's why even though it's basically been finished for a year, I haven't looked at it.

I'm telling you truthfully that this feeling that I'm producing dross gets stronger and stronger the more missions I release. I've tried, but I can't clear my head of it. So if I release it, I'm not even going to announce it just like Thieves' Highway, The Power of Suggestion,
    Chain of Events, or The Time That Has Passed. Someone will see it and announce it. It makes me sick to my stomach. The only reason I started a thread for my UNPC submission was because I had to follow my own stupid rule. If Thief hadn't stopped playing when I changed my video card, losing the mission probably never would have entered my mind, but now I've gone and opened my big mouth.

I don't want to describe it because I'm so sick and tired of it. To me it seems like a contrived series of detours and delays to make reaching your destination take longer..
    Well, in a philosophical way, isn't everything like that? It is how skilfully you link the events together that breathes life into the series of detours and delays and turn them into a great mission. All your missions are like that, so release it, let it see the light of day and then let us decide whether it is dross or gold. I know how my bets are placed.

Unc....you are describing everything a singer has to go through to learn a song..lol,by the end of mastering it,you are so sick to death of it that you wouldnt care if you never sang it or heard it again!...so all is as it should be.

But to others,it will be fresh,fun, and well honed to perfection probably,and a joy to behold....I for one cant wait ,and appreciate the dedication given to this pure bliss of a game!

so let us play

Archivist
    The sequel to Two Fathers and The Time That Has Passed ?
    Woohoo \/.

I don't want to describe it because I'm so sick and tired of it...

Your missions are some of the best I have ever played. I am looking forward to this release. I can empathize with your feelings toward it though. A lot of hard work over a long time on something creative can suck all the fun out of it. Even so, I bet you have made another great FM and I am looking forward to playing it when it comes out

If you need a betatester .......

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one on the same topic.

Thief is broken again. It was OK, except decal objects like vines didn't show, and flares and deer legs and such were one colour and "barred" looking.

But then I tried an FM. I think I know the problem. The path name was too long probably. I stored the FM's in a folder on my desktop. Now the regular game isn't working again.

I installed from my copy of Thief off of Computer Gaming World Jan 2004 #234 DVD. It's easier because it installs on XP without the lgntforce crap. That plus I can't find my CD disks anywhere, which really bothers me.

The DVD has its own problems though. Putting in the disk, it always wants to go to autorun for the entire DVD, which is fixable. It's all just a pain though. I'm probably just going to end up getting an old sound card for my old rig, and just Dromed from that.

Anyway, the bottom line is my FM I never finished from 2009 is not getting finished this year. Right now I've temporarily been sidetracked by my other hobby anyway. The "unfinished" FM is probably a 2011 project now.

Just thought I'd give an update on the situation for those that may have wondered in passing.

".....may have wondered in passing."? You gotta be kidding - I've had to keep telling myself not to make little "how much longer?" or "really anticipating this" posts in this thread

Sorry to hear about your computer problems - really hope you can get any necessary help / maintain the enthusiasm to overcome them & finish the FM (mostly for our sake of course ).

*sigh* Ah well, I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer, however hard that is to do.....

And you're sure it is not complete enough for somebody else to put in the finishing touches?

Southquarter.com/fms
    I installed from my copy of Thief off of Computer Gaming World Jan 2004 #234 DVD. It's easier because it installs on XP without the lgntforce crap. That plus I can't find my CD disks anywhere, which really bothers me.
    Don, just so you know, tafferpatcher takes care of all that stuff for you now. Not sure how the CGW DVD differs from the CDs, but if they're legit copies, it shoull work. Just put the discs in your machine and run tafferpatcher - it does all the work. No lgntforce, no installing ddfix or the widescreen fix, no patching, no anything, its all automatic.

Check here for more info: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131106. And if you need discs, you can get a used copy off Amazon for like $5.

Now then Don...Whats all this??!""You've got another Hobby?""...well you've NO Right to have another stooopid Hobby,this one should be enough for you

Aww.....can someone else just finish the FM for Don?...is it possible?...so many things are going awry for him on this one...he needs help quick. not just so we can play it or anything

sorry I am being soooo selfish today

As impatient as I am about waiting for Don's latest creation, I have to say that I'd rather he finishes this one on his own. Not that I don't have scads of faith & trust in all the FM authors here, but Don's FMs have their own special flavor (as does each FM by any other author) and I'd be concerned that that might be lost or diluted at the end. So I'll opt for waiting a few more months if I have to. *groans quietly to self*

Btw; I don't understand 'other hobby'. What language is that please?

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    As impatient as I am about waiting for Don's latest creation, I have to say that I'd rather he finishes this one on his own. Not that I don't have scads of faith & trust in all the FM authors here, but Don's FMs have their own special flavor (as does each FM by any other author) and I'd be concerned that that might be lost or diluted at the end. So I'll opt for waiting a few more months if I have to. *groans quietly to self*

Btw; I don't understand 'other hobby'. What language is that please?
    The mission is essentially complete, all that is even left are a few minor things (mainly objectives) that need to be implemented. Any dromeder with a few missions under their belt can implement these things with the details given to them.

Hopefully uncadonego can get his thief working again, but this is getting ridiculous. A nearly finished mission that can't be completed because of something as annoying as the game not working. I can imagine uncadonego is getting pretty annoyed himself sense he wants to get this mission completed and behind him.

PS A hobby is an activity done in your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    PS A hobby is an activity done in your free time.
    We don't mind him having a Dromed hobby - it's the word 'other' that's the problem.

It's quite strange, Dia, how often I think of posting something either here or in ThiefGen, only to find you've already said it! I'll have to try getting up earlier in the morning or something.

I can work on sound files and readables for now, I'm just saying it won't come together until (obviously) I get a sound card for the rig upstairs. Alternatively, I could even use my older rig in the sunporch. They are just slower to process stuff. It still requires a changing around of furniture and rooms, or buying an older sound card, compatible with XP for the one rig, or '98 with the older rig.

So it's a "getting around to it", one way or the other situation. Still, that probably won't happen for a little while.

If you want to know about my other hobby, a simple Google will tell you. I'm uncadonego no matter where I go on the net.

If you want to know about my other hobby, a simple Google will tell you. I'm uncadonego no matter where I go on the net.
    Ok, what stamps do you need to finish your collection? We taffers will steal some for you if you finish the FM There's a stamp museum near to where I live so I'll polish my blackjack and set off tonight.

Take the time you need. By the way I like the stamp collections.

I can work on sound files and readables for now, I'm just saying it won't come together until (obviously) I get a sound card for the rig upstairs. Alternatively, I could even use my older rig in the sunporch. They are just slower to process stuff. It still requires a changing around of furniture and rooms, or buying an older sound card, compatible with XP for the one rig, or '98 with the older rig.
    A Sound Blaster Live would fit the bill nicely and handles both Win98 and XP just fine. They go for under $10 these days, but it's nearly impossible to find a new one.

There's several on eBay for around $5.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast