TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: do you want me to release my last mission? 97% complete

Quote Originally Posted by ToadTadWater View Post
    To add my opinion

I have a 16:10 1440x900 display with no issues and DO use DDFiX.

I run Win7 64, with ATI HD4650 (DX 9 card) and have no issue with T,TG,T2.

Good Luck!
    What driver are you using, i had a ATi HD5870 with Catalyst 10.1
    Win7 32/64Bit on both it do not work

flying_hope: I've got a 5850 which works well in Win7/64 with Catalyst 10.3

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post

If you want to know about my other hobby, a simple Google will tell you.
    NOPE!

Now,just toss those lil squares of paper on the fire, and get that sun porch reworked

Truth be told, I'd sooner erase the mission from my hard drive than throw those little pieces of paper on the fire. I've been dromeding since 2002, I've been collecting for 40 years.

Truth be told, I'd sooner erase the mission from my hard drive than throw those little pieces of paper on the fire. I've been dromeding since 2002, I've been collecting for 40 years.
    Then I say we all send Uncadonego a nice little (snail mail) letter telling him how much we want this mission, then he will have stamps from all different parts of the world. And a nice reminder of how much we appreciate his missions!

Care to give out your address?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    Care to give out your address?
    Hmmm.....give out my address on a worldwide public forum? Well, I can't see the harm...it's 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfie....HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!

Don't sweat it.. I'm not choosing between the two, I'm just saying my situation is going to take a bit to resolve.

Ever since I changed my video card to run the darkmod better, I haven't been able to play Thief. DDFix isn't cutting it. Reasons unknown. Therefore I can't dromed on my computer. If you have any ideas or questions about it, please check my DDfix post here. Note, there is a post or two just above this one too, with a bit of info on my system. Who knows, you may be the one to get Thief running on my comp again. I'd like to release this mission before moving on to the darkmod.
    Yep. I BETCHA.

I get Theef runnin on EVRY machine and sys, down from 95 over 2000 to XP as well as vista and win7. can't currently test on vista or win7, though, for I use only xp, but know vista and win7 thru and thru, being pro pc supporter.

the fix manuals and infos are all on the net. I BET also YOUR grapho cardo is RUNNINGO with thiefo. CANT BELIEVE you modders GIVE UP SO QUICKLY: well.

we ALL have OUR special field of expertise, haven't we.

once I phoned with a PROGRAMMER and he didn't even know WHERE on the friggin HD his FILES were. HUA.

files, settings. slimming down windoofus. knowing all reg hacks, getting drivers for xp, securing all, even with pro-tools, even for free, antivir etc, hehe and peerblock, by the way... .)))))))) and spybot s+d.

I'll look up the several important stuffs about the ddfix for thief, I HAD THAT PROB MANY MANY times. and could ALWAYS overcome it. with the help of the good theef net community.

I played thief first on a 486 with 16MB Ram, and 1 MB Videoram, it were some 66 Mhz. Some 2 GB Harddisk.

Thief 1 ran LIKE HELL. speedy. I had a small 15 inch compag monitor. and a cable mouse, white. cleaned, of course, meaning the wheels inside.

I'll never forget the excitement of first using a rope arrow to climb up a balcony to get inside my name comrade lord bafford's castle.

That same software runs fine on the newest systems with the correct appliance of the fixes. don't overlook that fix which lets thief run on ONE cpu ONLY on ANY multi-core system. otherwise, it can't run. Thief dislikes more than one cpu. so. googling that should be a trifle. thief cpu fix.

and beware and lo and behold that you can only use thief in some range of versions for your nvidia or ati graphic card. the driver shoudn't be too new, and not too mega old, either.

EDIT: I see you got trouble with the darkmod, which is based on the doom3-engine. basically, that is a totally different problem, but I gather it SHOULD all the same work on more graph cards than you might think it would.
    I am one of those who reject to believe it if their card would be listed in a "not-supported" list, even shipped with any software. I would try and get it to run on many cards the devs said wouldn't work, hehe. that's me. world's best pc supporter. open your eyes people. people like ME are HATED in this injust and bizarrely upside-down world. I never ever had big success in pc support, so i play only music. the world is farther evry second from being worthy of me. and not the other way around. some people say i'm cynical. those who dislike me cuz of that are plain evil. evryone not becoming cynical in this cruel, unfair, miserable world is an idiot or a villain.

anyway, see you round in the next weeks, gonna look up your link, too. I would also like to mod for the darkmod engine, I hope it's not so complicated like dromed for thief 1 and 2. can anyone give me a start asskick for that, real thx.

i like error messages. "I perceive them as challenges to overcome rather than as obstacles to be avoided." (Lt. Commander Data, Star Trek TNG )
    Last edited by LordTafford; 28th Nov 2010 at 04:07.

dromed isn't complicated

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Oh goody, it LOOKS like teacher_1 is BACK!

If it's really TRUE, I will gladly make POPCORN for EVERYONE here, at least those who are TRUE THIEF FANS. Anyone who is NOT a true fan doesn't DESERVE popcorn. FACT!

My apologies to LordTafford if you're just another NEWBIE who happens to drink too much BRAWNDO.

I don't much like popcorn.
    But you can borrow my commercial popcorn maker if you like.

Thanks nic, that may come in handy!

dammit Yandros now you made me go to his myspace profile again and nearly choke from laughter

I clicked the link when I saw it Yandros but didn't read it through. Must have happened during my offline time. And now I've picked myself up off the floor, I'd like to nominate that for a sticky entitled 'When you need a good laugh'! Good Grief! Instead of borrowing it, you may HAVE the popcorn maker.

And sorry Uncadonego for off-topicing (or is it topicking?). I'm now in two minds about your difficulties anyway. 1. I'd really like you to finish it but 2. there's nothing worse than feeling obligated to do something. I don't see the point in doing something if there's no enjoyment in it. In the realms of fm-making that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Oh goody, it LOOKS like teacher_1 is BACK!
    I wonder if he needs a hat?

Except I don't think it's teacher_1. teacher_1 was a genius from Wisconsin. This one can't even spell "Theef".

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTafford
    I'll never forget the excitement of first using a rope arrow to climb up a balcony to get inside my name comrade lord bafford's castle.
    That was Constantine's mansion. There's no rope arrow in the Bafford mission, let alone a balcony with any wood to climb into. Ramirez's mansion has a balcony to get in from the outside, and the mission has rope arrows, but even then, the rope arrow can't be used to get you up to the balcony.

But we digress...

Quote Originally Posted by LordTafford View Post
    Yep. I BETCHA.
    CANT BELIEVE you modders GIVE UP SO QUICKLY: well.
    This is the presumptuous part that I thought was just plain ignorant. I've worked on other peoples' FM's and have plenty of my own released. If modders gave up so quickly as he puts it, we wouldn't have FM's, trust me.

Tafferpatcher can't install T2 from my 2004 CGW DVD.

Southquarter.com/fms
    What happens, do you crash to desktop, do you get a error message, does Garrett moon you and flip you the bird? Some help here!

Don, seriously, if you can't get T2 installed at first, keep trying. If it ultimately fails, send me the mission and tell me what you want done and I'll do it. I can't imagine one of your missions being so close to release and having it rot forever on your HD.

Hmmm...
    I guess TafferPatcher simply does not recognize the distribution of the game.
    I had the same issues with 'Thief - The Complete Collection'
    (a fairly new distribution from 2009 with TG/T2/TDS and fixes for Vista included).
    The way I got it working was: install T2 first and then drop the TafferPatcher.exe into the install-folder and run it to get the patches installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    What happens, do you crash to desktop, do you get a error message, does Garrett moon you and flip you the bird? Some help here!

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Hmmm...
    I guess TafferPatcher simply does not recognize the distribution of the game.
    That's what TafferPatcher says.
    I'll give it another go gnartsch's way.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Or hand it over to another author, who can complete it. Someone who knows your style and builds a bit like you. It would be a shame to have a mission that is so near completion never get released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Don, seriously, if you can't get T2 installed at first, keep trying. If it ultimately fails, send me the mission and tell me what you want done and I'll do it. I can't imagine one of your missions being so close to release and having it rot forever on your HD.
    This is a great offer in case everything else fails. Having another capable author like Yandros working on the final release version in agreement with the original designer might even improve the quality of the release.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Having another capable author like Yandros working on the final release version in agreement with the original designer might even improve the quality of the release.
    Yeah, it would be nice to finally release something half-way decent.

Is that sarcasm? Did I mess up the wording in my last post? I really hope I didn't. English isn't my native language.

What I meant was this: You and Yandros are both accomplished authors. Therefore, two accomplished authors supporting each other in finalizing the mission sounds like a good idea to me.

Yes it was sarcasm, but not angry sarcasm, I was just kidding. I made a couple of missions with Thorin Oakenshield besides my own (Karras' Diary & Secret Weapon), so I agree.
    In this case though, the mission is already 100% built and roombrushed, and the voice acting, and writing is all that's left, and that would be 100% me anyway. It's just a couple of sound files to clean up, writing some readables, and finishing objectives. It's for all intense porpoises, er....intents and purposes, finished.

My boy gathered up all the stuff from the two old rigs just today, and put them all on the big table for me. We'll see if I can't string together a Dromed working unit. Don't keep your fingers crossed, it's uncomfortable after a while and really doesn't help anyway.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast