TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: do you want me to release my last mission? 97% complete

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Don, heheh!

I forgot to answer the original question, so here it is:
    No, I don't want you to release your last mission - I want you to release it as the first in a long series of new, and most probably great, missions Now, I understand I probably can't have that, so I'll go for the second best thing: Yes, I very much want you to release this mission, be it your last or not!

One of the older rigs is still functional, and I have finally found my original T2 discs, not just the CGW DVD, so one way or another I should be able to get Dromed up and running. Let the proclamation go forth! Let there be rejoicing and merriment throughout the kingdom! Let the rennies ring out Greensleeves on their refurbished lutes and crumhorns!

There is definitely some rejoicing going on iin my computer room! I'd hate to see this mission go to waste. You know where to send it when you need more testing.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Let the rennies ring out Greensleeves on their refurbished lutes and crumhorns!

d. Dec 2017
    Good News! Dancing in my computer room, for sure! Eagerly awaiting this mission.
    Forgot to mention, I am a good beta-tester, lest you forget.

You got it, Don

******** width="480" height="385">

I am relieved.

And happy.

And I have absolutely no idea what the monster-thingy is all about in the above vid.

one way or another I should be able to get Dromed up and running.
    Great news!

Sticky Fingers and Dia,

THANKS FOR THE LUTES!

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Sound the bugles run and shout. This long awaited effort will soon be out. Beat the drums, sound the bell uncadonego's FM will soon be well.

jtr7
    W00ty whO0Ot woot!

premature celebration

I installed T2 without issues on the old rig. It has XP SP2 with an ATI Rage Fury Maxx vid card. It always played before. I tried removing the semi-colon in the cfg file for safe texture manager, still no help. When I put the disc in and click play, it says: "Your video card is not compatible with Thief 2" It ran before. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried adding "skip_starting_checks" to the user.cfg?

when I add that line, it keeps telling me to insert the CD, even though it's there. When I add a semi-colon before that line, it goes back to the video card message.

I don't know if this is a clue for anyone. This is on my newer rig, not the older one we've been discussing. I tried installing and tafferpatching again. It still shows the loadup screen for a second then crashes and gives the "Thief blabla has encountered a problem and blablabla"

However if I open dromed, and load OM mission 1 and alt+G, the mission plays properly, and objects look right. Then I alt+E and closed dromed, try the regular T2 shortcut, and crash like usual.

Master Builder 2018
    I'm sorry I haven't read through the whole thread and maybe you already mentioned this but are you running windows vista or windows 7? And if so, did you install Thief in the "Program files" folder? If so, you should install it somewhere else.

Nope, XP SP3. It used to run fine until I upgraded my vid card. This is an attempt at re-installing.

Please post the content of cam.cfg, ddfix.ini and darkinst.cfg after using Tafferpatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Please post the content of cam.cfg, ddfix.ini and darkinst.cfg after using Tafferpatcher.
    the contents of cam.cfg:
    ; hey, which game is this
    game dark

; general configs
    include_user_cfg user.cfg
    editor_include_dromed_cfg dromed.cfg

; game specific paths/configs
    dark_include_install_cfg darkinst.cfg
    shock_include_install_cfg install.cfg

; set trait cache to include concretes
    trait_cache_flags 2

no_network

sfx_vol_music -474
    fogging 0
    enhanced_sky 1
    render_weather 1

game_screen_size 1024 768
    game_screen_flags 13
    game_full_screen 1
    sfx_vol_3d 0
    game_hardware 1
    vmCenterY 0.5
    sfx_vol_2d 0
    game_screen_depth 16
    ambient_volume 0
    vmCenterX 0.5
    sfx_channels 12
    sfx_device 1
    master_volume 0

the contents of DDFix.ini:
    [Main]
    ;Screen resolution
    ;Must be 800x600 or greater
    gWidth=1024
    gHeight=768

;Refresh rate. 0 is default, anything else to override.
    RefreshRate=0

;Set to 1 to fix the duel core related crash
    MultiCoreFix=1

;Set to 1 to automatically register lgvid.ax each time thief is started up
    VideoFix=0

;This can be set to zero to get a more accurate z-buffer
    ;Doesn't usually make a noticable difference to picture quality
    UseCompatibleZBuffer=1

;Turns on the 32 bit texture loader and adds support for some unsupported screen resolutions
    ;Will cause a crash if used with an unsupported exe
    ; 0 - Disable
    ; 1 - Determine exe automatically
    ; 2 - Thief 2 v1.18
    Thief2Extensions=1

;Set to 1 to disable the windows keys while thief is running
    DisableWindowsKey=0

;Set to 1 to enable anisotropic filtering
    AnisotropicFiltering=0

;If you want to share overriden textures between thief installations, uncomment the next line
    ;It should contain the absolute path to the equivilent of \res\ddfix, including the trailing \
    ;TexturePath=C:\Games\Thief2\res\ddfix\

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ;XX Compatibility settings XX
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

;Changes the way direct writes to the frontbuffer are handled
    ;SS2 players should set these options to '2' and '0xf81f' respectively
    ;Thief 2 players with corrupted in game text should use '2' and '0x0000'
    ;Players who experience slowdown with UseSysMemOverlay=2 should set both options to 0
    UseSysMemOverlay=2
    OverlayColourKey=0xf81f

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ;XX SIO2: Fog fixes XX
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

;General fix for all Thief2 missions that use fog.
    ;Default value is 1 (enabled) so all mission that use fog can benefit.
    EnableFogFix=1

;Special fog fixes for the Thief2 Original Mission "Life Of The Party".
    ;Enabling this for missions other than "Life Of The Party" may break other missions that use fog.
    ;Default value is 0 (disabled) because it breaks other fog missions (broken sky, etc)
    EnableLifeOfThePartyFogFix=0

As for the contents of darkinst.cfg, do you want the original or the hack? The CGW DVD kept going to its front page (the list of all games on the DVD) rather than acting like a game disc. The original CD game disc kept telling me to insert the disc even though it was inserted, so I used a solution for broken CD's whose name can never be mentioned on these forums.

As for the contents of darkinst.cfg, do you want the original or the hack? The CGW DVD kept going to its front page (the list of all games on the DVD) rather than acting like a game disc. The original CD game disc kept telling me to insert the disc even though it was inserted, so I used a solution for broken CD's whose name can never be mentioned on these forums.
    No need for a hack, just put ";" in front of the first line in darkinst.cfg or remove the first line. Put skip_starting_checks into user.cfg, that should be fine.

"1024 768" isn't the (Windows)-desktop resolution? You can get into trouble if you use any other resolution, especially when going into dromed game mode (and back again)

You can also try
    Thief2Extensions=2

By the way: You didn't change the thef2.exe? You'll need the one that Tafferpatcher installed or this one http://www.saleck.net/Downloads/Thie...Fix-Thief2.zip

"1024 768" isn't the (Windows)-desktop resolution? You can get into trouble if you use any other resolution, especially when going into dromed game mode (and back again)
    My desktop resolution is 1152 864. What problems are you talking about.

I made the changes you suggested. At first things worked fine, objects looked normal. Then some tweaking of keybinds, back to game, etc. A couple of crashes, but started again fine. Now the same as ever- vine decals no longer visible, torches and bunks blue objects, loadup screen gets all pixellated when moving the cursor over selections etc.

Also, trying to load a saved game results in crash.

EDIT: Ok loading didn't crash this time. The old T1 style paintings render OK, the newer T2 batch are white and blue stripes.
    Last edited by uncadonego; 17th Jan 2011 at 08:00.

First of all, you'll need to fix the game first (does it work now?). If not: run Tafferpatcher again. Use that resolution: 1152 864
    (the Widescreen-Patch is already included in Tafferpatcher, so this should work). Check cam.cfg and ddfix.ini, the resolutions should be the same.

First of all, you'll need to fix the game first (does it work now?). If not: run Tafferpatcher again. Use that resolution: 1152 864
    (the Widescreen-Patch is already included in Tafferpatcher, so this should work). Check cam.cfg and ddfix.ini, the resolutions should be the same.
    Yes, it appears to be running, but I did the above anyway. The remaining problem is vine decals aren't showing, and objects like pewter plates, bunkbeds, and torches are blue. That, and the old T1 style paintings show fine, but the T2 style paintings are blue and white stripes. I haven't played so far into the game yet, but unless I post otherwise soon, assume deer legs and flares and such like items are "barred" or striped again.

EDIT: ughh. wait. trying to load saves crashes again.

EDIT: just another tidbit of information. I have the game diminished right now while I write this. Starting Thief cold and trying to load a save crashed, but when I started a NEW game and moved around, THEN tried loading the save, it was OK. I can't swear to it, but this was likely the case a couple of posts ago too.
    Last edited by uncadonego; 17th Jan 2011 at 08:34.

The remaining problem is vine decals aren't showing, and objects like pewter plates, bunkbeds, and torches are blue.
    Are you talking about the game itself or DromEd?

Not sure about this, but I think the darkinst.cfg got messed up. Let's see what it looks like (and install.cfg of course)

btw, play the game as an administrator
    Last edited by fibanocci; 17th Jan 2011 at 09:12.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast