TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: do you want me to release my last mission? 97% complete

did this mission ever come out? to get board on topic seems like from how long ago this board was put up the mission should be out?

Posts removed. Please stick to the topic.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'm hoping this can be fixed up and released for the anniversary contest, but I know it's too much to hope for
    If I'm not mistaken, this mission is for T2 and thus not valid for the contest. Either way, though, I would still love to see it released some day.

uncadonego if a moderator says yes (see above) then you have to do it. It's the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this mission is for T2 and thus not valid for the contest. Either way, though, I would still love to see it released some day.
    There's another Thief anniversary coming up T2 was released February 29, 2000, so not as long to go as we have been waiting so far for this mission

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    uncadonego if a moderator says yes (see above) then you have to do it. It's the rules.
    Yessssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    There's another Thief anniversary coming up T2 was released February 29, 2000, so not as long to go as we have been waiting so far for this mission
    There you go. T2 anniversary contest

Yes.

first post every forgive me

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Nope. Thief2 doesn't like me anymore. I tried starting up thief and after the briefing when I press continue and it loads, the colours are all screwed up, and it says: " The requested screen mode could not be set.", then windows says it has to shut it down.
    Some that know me say I was a nerd, all the others just say 'He's just one of those losers that's always wrong but never admits it'.
    I know my age dose not matter, but when I started programming Windows 1.0 was not released and MSDOS was just a powershell for IBM.
    As a UNIX user I hated Microsoft for the lack of open source code and the fact you need their compilers, which where not cheap and also depending on the licence you purchased as to what you where allowed to use it for.
    I started playing thief in 1999 just before it was released.
    But then stopped on news years eve of 2000 after having a melt down when I walked away from my life and left everything behind.
    I did get back into computers in 2001.
    I hate windows but know how to use their crap. From msdos IBM to win10pro 64 bit.
    One thing you can do with any version of windows if I am not mistaken is to allow it to create error logs. Use Microsoft Management Console to start with.
    Or even better find someone willing to help you and knows how to write 3rd party software or even better knows how to understand your inf files or and able decompile dynamic link library files and let them have access to you system.
    At the end of the day I say your problem sounds to me like a simple inf fix which gets over written either by updates or the taffer patch. I used darkloader because of taffer issues.
    I play with win10pro, win7home, win200pro, win98. With just the standard chipsets no graphics cards anymore as my towers power supply died.
    So no dark mod since opengl will not work on chipset.
    Delete this post if you like. I am just an insane old man now.
    I did start writing a thief game but gave up with the feeling that I do not like cheating and as the writer I know how.
    1st game I ever reproduced was Donky Kong in 1985 on my commodore c+4 after seeing the arcade game.
    Good luck.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    bump

Played all Uncadonego missions during the last few days. Need more.

Found an update from 28th Aug 2018 on uncadonego's user page:

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego
    Got frustrated. Ran out of cells. Need to get back into it some day. Remove many columns and learn how to import new objects, replace columns, also a dome. There are some nice ones available but I need to read the tut on importing objects. I think that will get my cell count down. Also, some desks made of brushes could be replaced with some nice available objects.

I need that breathing room in the cell count to get a few more rooms in the mission for objective related stuff.

I'm just toasted on it right now. It's been a PITA

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678