TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Among Two Storms (21/10/2010)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Sadly, I am unable to play this mission through Thief, as NVScript is not getting loaded. Curiously, it works fine through Dromed, but then I can't save game. I hope we get this figured out some day, it seems to be happening more and more lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Sadly, I am unable to play this mission through Thief, as NVScript is not getting loaded. Curiously, it works fine through Dromed, but then I can't save game. I hope we get this figured out some day, it seems to be happening more and more lately.
    Me too...this is annoying.

You can do one thing: Start the game in Thief, save, quit, go to DromEd and load the save game (using either the console command or by going to the game mode and loading the save normally). After this you will be able to save in DromEd.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    I was not aware of this, now I am curious! Do you know who had made it?
    Mystery by The_Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Mystery by The_Thief.
    Thanks. I checked it out, its method of switching players is very similar to mine. Of course it is much simpler, as it does not implement separate inventories and weapons, nor other necessary bits that were needed to get some of the smaller details to work properly.

I wonder why no one ever made a proper mission out of this. Probably because it was very difficult to do so without Nameless Voice's and Telliamed's cutom scripts.

Haplo and Redface, thank you again for this perfect mission! I have to go back to find the remaining 2secrets though!

One question; Why do I have one speed potion? Do we need it for something?
    Last edited by nightchild; 22nd Oct 2010 at 08:56.

Yes - there's a clue in your second sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    You can do one thing: Start the game in Thief, save, quit, go to DromEd and load the save game (using either the console command or by going to the game mode and loading the save normally). After this you will be able to save in DromEd.
    Wow, you learn something new every day! Thanks. I'm going to try rebooting in a few minutes though and see if it fixes Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Yes - there's a clue in your second sentence!
    Oh! I have to find it...this Haplo and his secrets

please Mr ffox a small push to the general direction of the answer to my question please??

Well done Haplo (and thanks to Redface & any & all who contributed!)!!!!! Well done indeed!

I enjoyed this FM tremendously, though I had to restart once since I tried to speedread at first & didn't understand the switching thing. Very novel and innovative! Great graphics & gameplay, and thank you for creating puzzles that weren't geared towards physics/music majors, etc.: always a plus, imo. (Also: thank you muchly for no haunts, zombies, skeletons, and/or any other supernatural nasties!)

I had a great time with this one and am looking forward to more, please!

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    please Mr ffox a small push to the general direction of the answer to my question please??
    There's a jump you can't quite make unless you use the speed potion.

Bigger spoiler: Look for an opening with flickering light inside.

Thanks Haplo and congratulations for this excellent mission!

I need some help, though: I have found the vault key and other secrets, but now I am stuck at a certain point where the two thieves stan behind locked grates, seeing each other, but none of them can't open those grates: seems I miss a key or something. Besides, Palmer can't open a metal door where the 2 guys sleep.
    Last edited by R_G; 22nd Oct 2010 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    I need some help, though: I have found the vault key and other secrets, but now I am stuck at a certain point where the two thieves stan behind locked grates, seeing each other, but none of them can't open those grates: seems I miss a key or something. Besides, Palmer can't open a metal door where the 2 guys sleep.
    Nudge: Maybe Garrett could do something to help Palmer get around the gate blocking his way?

I still seem to be stuck...(as usual)
    With Palmer, I got the generator working and the wrench but I can't see where to go next. I know you said explore further with Palmer but can I have a bigger hint please? I can't see where else to explore without attracting too much attention past the workroom. I think I'm missing something blinking obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    Redface sorry, I have to ask, are you a fat person? Every time I pick you up the game crashes !
    No, I'm actually not. Odd. I was able to pick myself up easily, and it was quite surreal, but not crashy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Keep those abandoned missions coming redface
    Those two that were finished by Haplo were the only ones worth picking up. Unless I come up with something entirely new, but that's rather unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Nudge: Maybe Garrett could do something to help Palmer get around the gate blocking his way?
    I am not at the beginning, where Garrett shoots a rope arrow to allow Palmer to open the grate; I don't have any objects useful to help Palmer in Garrett's inventory

Quote Originally Posted by suewan View Post
    I still seem to be stuck...(as usual)
    With Palmer, I got the generator working and the wrench but I can't see where to go next. I know you said explore further with Palmer but can I have a bigger hint please? I can't see where else to explore without attracting too much attention past the workroom. I think I'm missing something blinking obvious!
    Don't be shy! Move on ... and see where you can get. There is no point turning around and leave the scene.

I am not at the beginning, where Garrett shoots a rope arrow to allow Palmer to open the grate; I don't have any objects useful to help Palmer in Garrett's inventory
    Sounds like you need to have to do some reasonable looting.

Thanks, Haplo !
    Got it. That entire 'construction' puzzled me before already, but I did not really try.
    Got all secrets and only 80g left to the total, but little hope to find it.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 22nd Oct 2010 at 14:51.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Sounds like you need to have to do some reasonable looting.
    Loot? So far Garrett has collected: 1289 g ; one worm; a safe key; a wax impression.

Palmer has got 1255 and an empty jug (which I presume must be used for fueling the generator: but I can't see a way to get to do that).

Palmer has got 1255 and an empty jug (which I presume must be used for fueling the generator: but I can't see a way to get to do that).
    Oh, OK. There is someone who could help ... to fill the jar ... if you can hand it over to him ... or drop it
    Last edited by gnartsch; 22nd Oct 2010 at 15:01.

Oh, OK. There is someone who could help ... to fill the jar
    Hm.. Garrett could help Palmer to fill the jar, but so far I haven't seen any fuel around... Besides, I have knocked out everyone except for the girl who's taking a shower.

Hm.. Garrett could help Palmer to fill the jar, but so far I haven't seen any fuel around... Besides, I have knocked out everyone except for the girl who's taking a shower.
    Garrett's your man!. He needs to explore the area early on, with machinery, at the bottom of the first ramp inside, beyond a trough with sand bags etc. No mistaking the location.

Admire your sense of gallantry with the singing girl but worth checking the shower tray IIRC !. She wont mind.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 24th Oct 2010 at 12:29. Reason: extra info

ffox!

Odd. I was able to pick myself up easily, and it was quite surreal

(No big deal, a minor crash after all ; it's o.k.)

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    There's a jump you can't quite make unless you use the speed potion.

Bigger spoiler: Look for an opening with flickering light inside.
    I was here at one point, but maybe I'm too far along to go back I took the rope arrow back, as it was apparently fruitless, so it seemed.

I love the concept, but after playing on expert, then switching to normal, I am almost ready to complain that this mission is too tight; how am I supposed to know to save which resources for two actors for exactly the right occasion while working "their" way to the middle?

What stabs at my immersion: if you case a job, you equip for it. If there are unknowns, and you must still go on, BUT equip for contingencies...otherwise it is like you want to be caught/killed.

Maybe FMs are getting more clever as I am winding down...I don't know anymore.
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 22nd Oct 2010 at 16:23.

Thanks Sagittal! I hadn't explored that area at all! Now I got the fuel, but Palmer still can't get anywhere.
    Any specific problem ? Do you recall what you (Palmer) need it for ?
    That should have made you going.
    No matter what step you are missing, you must be damn close. Just explore within a range of ~30 feet.

Finally ! After more then 3 hours playing I found the last bit of loot.
    But how evil must an author be to hide some loot like that ???
    Curiosity killed me more then once for some lousy coins and an 'angel' was calling me (somewhere else), but offered no more then 5g.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 22nd Oct 2010 at 16:44.

Any specific problem ? Do you recall what you need it for ?
    It should have made you going.
    No matter what step you are missing, you must be damn close. Just explore.
    Nevermind, I was close indeed: just missing a spot in the mechanical laboratory! Thanks anyway and thanks to Sagittal!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast