TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 241

Thread: T2 FM: Among Two Storms (21/10/2010)

  1. #76
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Alright, now I am missing only one objective: Find out what happened to your friend. I can hear footsteps on a wooden surface when I'm in Thom's room, but I can't figure out where do they may come from and if it's there that I have to go. One more hint please..

  2. #77
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    Alright, now I am missing only one objective: Find out what happened to your friend. I can hear footsteps on a wooden surface when I'm in Thom's room, but I can't figure out where do they may come from and if it's there that I have to go. One more hint please..
    Wrong track. You must have passed the right area long ago as Garrett.
    Did you go chasing some animals earlier ?
    Last edited by gnartsch; 22nd Oct 2010 at 17:09.

  3. #78
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Wrong track. You must have passed the right area long ago as Garrett.
    Did you go chasing some animals earlier ?
    Hm.. actually the only animal I remember seeing is a mouse right at the start of the mission And the worms, of course.

  4. #79
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    Hm.. actually the only animal I remember seeing is a mouse right at the start of the mission And the worms, of course.
    I am thinking of some big and dangerous creature with 8 legs
    Hmmm... at least on expert it is there.

  5. #80
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I am thinking of some big and dangerous creature with 8 legs
    Hmmm... at least on expert it is there.
    Oh!Sorry I didn't mention before I am playing on Hard.

    Nevermind, found it right now!
    Last edited by R_G; 22nd Oct 2010 at 17:25.

  6. #81
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    Oh!Sorry I didn't mention before I am playing on Hard.
    By the way : no need putting everything in spoilers.
    Makes them pretty useless

    I just went back. Seems like you entirely missed that area - and I was under the impression it was impossible to miss.
    Anyway, trace back to where G. started and explore the sewer-like area.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 22nd Oct 2010 at 17:35.

  7. #82
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Finally ! After more then 3 hours playing I found the last bit of loot.
    But how evil must an author be to hide some loot like that ???
    Curiosity killed me more then once for some lousy coins and an 'angel' was calling me (somewhere else), but offered no more then 5g.
    Come on, that coin is my best ever loot placement! I was quite proud of myself when I came up with it. Weren't you proud of yourself when you found it? That's all that matters!

  8. #83
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Baton Rouge, LA.


    Haplo, I loved this FM. I had a lot of fun playing it. Just a cpl of questions. Was my partner a ghost? Was there a key to open all doors? I wd have loved to be able to run around all over as myself at the end.

    Thanxs,

    Hope Vincent
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 22nd Oct 2010 at 18:29. Reason: spoiler didn't work

  9. #84
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope Vincent View Post


    Haplo, I loved this FM. I had a lot of fun playing it. Just a cpl of questions. Was my partner a ghost? Was there a key to open all doors? I wd have loved to be able to run around all over as myself at the end.

    Thanxs,

    Hope Vincent
    A ghost? No, why?
    You missed the master key, it opens all the doors. After doing so bump into each others for some humorous moments.

  10. #85
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2001
    Location: Alabama
    Case in Point to my previous post:

    No more water arrows on the side where I need to douse the wax, and too late to go back to the vantage point where to jump at the rope arrow with a speed potion to get below the balcony.

    It's too tight, unless the point is to play on various levels of difficulty, then turn to this forum for hints and outright spoilers in order to proceed in an exact line only the fm author knows for sure.

    Don't get me wrong - I appreciate this innovative approach, but seriously, IT IS TOO DAMN TIGHT!

  11. #86
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    Case in Point to my previous post:

    No more water arrows on the side where I need to douse the wax, and too late to go back to the vantage point where to jump at the rope arrow with a speed potion to get below the balcony.

    It's too tight, unless the point is to play on various levels of difficulty, then turn to this forum for hints and outright spoilers in order to proceed in an exact line only the fm author knows for sure.

    Don't get me wrong - I appreciate this innovative approach, but seriously, IT IS TOO DAMN TIGHT!
    Sorry, I don't understand. There is an infinite supply of water arrows in the big canal. It is never too late to go back anywhere, after the doors are opened with the master key you are free to roam wherever you want with whichever character you want.

  12. #87
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Come on, that coin is my best ever loot placement! I was quite proud of myself when I came up with it. Weren't you proud of yourself when you found it? That's all that matters!
    Proud to find it ?
    No not really. I had to use real DIRTY tricks (TTLL ) for that one, just to find out where to look, the same for the neckbraking 80.
    Even then I never saw the angel 5 though I had a pretty good idea where it had to be and ran went nuts trying to find it and actually had to frob it blind while jumping in mid-air.
    And since there are not even any crates to stack - how could one eventually find it without
    knowing it is there ?


    I would say that loot should be placed in such way that there is a fair chance to find it.
    You are a sidist, aren't you ?

    Otherwise I really enjoyed the mission it a lot !

    Just needed a spoiler for the rope-arrow.
    Except for that all vital tasks where not too difficult (I am not a ghoster, though).
    Well, I typically don't waste any equipment, so I have all I need when I need it.
    Always expect the unexpected!
    Last edited by gnartsch; 22nd Oct 2010 at 19:09.

  13. #88
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    But since there are not even any crates to stack - how could one eventually find it without knowing it is there ?
    Climb the wall, then jump on the street lamp. No need to grab anything in mid-air or by frobbing blindly.

    That one was put for the people with high loot-hunting skills who wanted a good challenge. What you find challenging might be considered quite easy for someone else. For example in UVI some complained the loot was too well-hidden, while there were people who said the loot hunt was way too easy.
    Same goes with the clues for the puzzles.
    Last edited by Haplo; 22nd Oct 2010 at 19:10.

  14. #89
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2007
    Haplo,

    The note told me to post.

    Brilliant idea, brilliant mission.

  15. #90
    Playing on expert and can't find any clue to the numbered code panel. Any hints?

  16. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Admire your sense of gallantry with the singing girl but worth checking the shower tray IIRC !. She wont mind.
    Blackjack the shower girl--Haplo is only pretending to be gallant!

    Done! Excellent, and even better than before, Haplo!

  17. #92
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Thanks for a new mission Haplo, a long time since i don't enter the forums and i see you uploaded another FM... you are doing well, i'm on hold by now hehe

  18. #93
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: UK
    Stuck! Palmer is in area where needs oil for elevator. There is a grill that "won't budge", two locked chests, and a locked gate. Garrett needs wax for key. He has frobbed switch that gives message "hope Palmer appreciates this". Switching back to Palmer I can hear the gate opening but can't find it. BTW I have now swapped back and forth and retried the switch to try to hear where it is that I no longer know if it is open or closed. Should that switch be 'down' to have the gate open? (actually it sounds like a portcullis.) My guess is that Palmer has to find the oil in the area he is in? If someone can confirm that then I'll search again but I hate searching if it isn't there. And why does the kitchen fire frob highlight?

  19. #94
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    Stuck! Palmer is in area where needs oil for elevator. There is a grill that "won't budge", two locked chests, and a locked gate. Garrett needs wax for key. He has frobbed switch that gives message "hope Palmer appreciates this". Switching back to Palmer I can hear the gate opening but can't find it. BTW I have now swapped back and forth and retried the switch to try to hear where it is that I no longer know if it is open or closed. Should that switch be 'down' to have the gate open? (actually it sounds like a portcullis.) My guess is that Palmer has to find the oil in the area he is in? If someone can confirm that then I'll search again but I hate searching if it isn't there. And why does the kitchen fire frob highlight?
    Fact:
    Yes, Palmer needs fuel for the generator.

    Minor spoiler:
    To transport fuel one needs some sort of container where liquids can be put into...

    Bigger spoiler:
    ...and Palmer just came by a place where a lot of liquids are in containers!

    The next problem:
    Palmer definitely has no access to fuel - so switch to your better half. And don't forget the container...

    But:
    Where can fuel be found? In the vicinity of generators, I'd guess, so perhaps start searching there...

    The rest is a matter of swapping again.

  20. #95
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Fidcal,hi! down is for open up for closed but he will find out that room later on.For now take him a little back and have Garrett again at that kind of room with generator and bars.Also, Garrett is the fuel provider
    Last edited by nightchild; 23rd Oct 2010 at 05:38.

  21. #96
    I've found the readable that tells about the vault code, but I still can't figure it out!

  22. #97
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I've found the readable that tells about the vault code, but I still can't figure it out!
    It is kind of a magic image -you see something but it contains more -only it is audio-based not visual.Within this little sentence there are 3 numbers and four letters.Don't just read it.Listen to what you read.An oposite example: r u str8?

  23. #98
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2006
    Location: Melbourne
    I enjoyed this mission so much that I played it twice today.

    First time on normal, taking about an hour and a half, then again on expert - taking the time to appreciate how clever and well planned it is. You've done it again Haplo

    Loved the idea of playing as two thieves, laughed at the dance party and found your note.

    Thank you.

  24. #99
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: UK
    OK, thanks Calibrator and nightchild. Finally got that sorted out but it took me quite a while! Two items I never saw before. One seemed to need my last water arrow for no obvious target and the other depended on the route I took by luck. I'm sure if I had come across those by chance earlier it would have been obvious.

    I wasted a lot of time trying to arrange contact points between Garrett and Palmer and eventually even forgot the route to one I had used before twice! So I had to go all the way back to the start. I also came across a third possible contact point and felt sure I had seen it from the other side but couldn't find it again no matter how I tried. Later of course, I did re-find it but then it was too late! Also found stuff where I could have saved myself a lot of grief if I had only known earlier! Oh yeah, found yet another contact point later!

    This is absolutely fascinating gameplay. Don't know if anyone has done this cooperative two player thing before. I've seen it years ago in an old 8-bit game. But then I don't see many games these days except Thief & TDM.

    I think all that remains is the wax objective. I don't recall any clue about this and as far as I know I've been everywhere. So I may well be back again later for help if I can't find it.

  25. #100
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: UK
    Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing a script or if I'm just doing it wrong but... I have the candle. I try to'use' it on the highlighted blue key but nothing happens. I tried to use it on the highlighted kitchen stove but nothing. Tried leaning and dropping it on the hot stove to melt it but I get burnt and the candle just bounces off.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •