TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Among Two Storms (21/10/2010)

Clearinghouse
    You need to put the candle on the skillet.

Candle location

Can't find the candle and would appreciate a hint as to where it is located. Thanks.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Oct 2010 at 11:48. Reason: added spoiler cover

bobber It's on a table in the same area as the one where you find the key you need to copy.

Great ! Fantastic ! Brilliant !

So I am 5 out of 6 Secrets ........... so I had to look again and a bit closer :-D

Got them ALL !
    Last edited by gitb; 23rd Oct 2010 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    You need to put the candle on the skillet.
    OK, thanks. Also found another post or I'd never have got this one. I think this needed more of a clue perhaps in the objective particularly how to finish it off.

That apart and the couple of other things that are very easy to miss and just needed clues, this is an outstanding FM. Hope others make FMs with two switchable characters.

Redface & Haplo: great FM !!! The character switching is a great feature. I'd like to see it in next FMs...

Hola maite !!!

How to get here ???

Loot: 6459 / 7489
    Secrets: 5 / 6

Fidcal think of what you would use on a cooker to cook with...search around the kitchen.

Thanks by the way for the help people! I did as I was told and got further...

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    This is absolutely fascinating gameplay. Don't know if anyone has done this cooperative two player thing before. I've seen it years ago in an old 8-bit game. But then I don't see many games these days except Thief & TDM.
    I'd rather call this gameplay type "Co-op single player" () where one player controls several characters with different strengths, different equipment and/or in different locations that help each other to reach the goals or simply the end of the level. They usually open doors etc., pass equipment and solve other puzzles that a are impossible to do with a single player character.

This type of game is indeed with us since the early 8-bit days. Some of the ones I remember are:
    Suspended
    Interphase
    The Lost Vikings
    and most recently
    The Experiment

Didn't think it was possible with the Dark Engine but on the other hand I'm not really surprised what tricks this old dog can still learn...

Personally, I think this is a very strong candidate for mission of the year.

bye
    Calibrator

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    It is kind of a magic image -you see something but it contains more -only it is audio-based not visual.Within this little sentence there are 3 numbers and four letters.Don't just read it.Listen to what you read.An oposite example: r u str8?
    I still don't understand what the significance is.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 25th Oct 2010 at 10:11. Reason: removed at Haplo's request

Lady Taffer There are 2 pads for the vault. Check them and you'll see that one has numbers on it and one has letters on the buttons.

Ugh. . I should really stop fretting and learn to be more observant. >_<
    Thanks!

EDIT: Now all I need to do is figure out how to get into the locked chests in the area where the thieves are sleeping--the place where the kitchen is. Also, I need to complete the optional objective. There's a bottle in Thom's study that looks like it can have something added to it. . but what?

Any hints? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Ugh. . I should really stop fretting and learn to be more observant. >_<
    Thanks!

EDIT: Now all I need to do is figure out how to get into the locked chests in the area where the thieves are sleeping--the place where the kitchen is. Also, I need to complete the optional objective. There's a bottle in Thom's study that looks like it can have something added to it. . but what?

Any hints? Thanks!
    If you mean the 2 blue locked chests, Garrett has the tools to open them, so maybe later, when all the locked doors between you two are open,and for the bottle, there is a book on a bed close to a plant that gives a hint and you have to "think green" and take care of your flowers

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    If you mean the 2 blue locked chests, Garrett has the tools to open them, so maybe later, when all the locked doors between you two are open,and for the bottle, there is a book on a bed close to a plant that gives a hint and you have to "think green" and take care of your flowers
    But how does one unlock all the doors between them? If there's a way, I haven't found it. Also, I figured it had something to do with the plant, but I tried watering it with a water arrow and nothing happened. I can't think of anything else to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    But how does one unlock all the doors between them? If there's a way, I haven't found it. Also, I figured it had something to do with the plant, but I tried watering it with a water arrow and nothing happened. I can't think of anything else to do with it.
    Seems like you missed a key while you were busy doing some really big looting.
    As for the plant: should have done it ! Retry !

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    And give it a few seconds to work!

Albert
    Character swapping is awesome, but I've discovered that swapping while standing up to a wall is a big no no. Seems as though I've found a slight bug, as I can't seem to move away from a wall as either two characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    The Master key, right? I'll have to look around for it again. .

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Sadly, I am unable to play this mission through Thief, as NVScript is not getting loaded. Curiously, it works fine through Dromed, but then I can't save game. I hope we get this figured out some day, it seems to be happening more and more lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Me too...this is annoying.
    Great news! Thanks to a tip from NV, I appear to have found a permanent solution to the problem. I'll post it in a separate thread, and it should probably get linked to from the FAQ once it has been shown to work for at least several other people.

Edit:
    Here's the new thread describing the fix.
    Last edited by Yandros; 24th Oct 2010 at 00:33.

Ok, I need a hint for where to find the master key because without it, I can't complete the optional objective. There's a glitch in the water arrows that's making them stick in objects instead of splashing. I don't know if Palmer's water arrows are similarly affected, but I'll need to get the master key in order to get him into the canal to get some water arrows so that I can test them out.

Lady Taffer:

Search the last vault.

Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    Lady Taffer:

Search the last vault.
    I'm embarrassed at how easily I missed that.
    Anyway, I really enjoyed this mission! Your level of ingenuity never ceases to impress me, Haplo. I didn't think a gameplay style like this was possible for the Dark Engine. My only complaint is that the mission was too short!
    Hopefull we'll see others like it sometime soon. .

Certainly a very interesting concept with the dual character game play. A very enjoyable FM but after long thought it would have been just as fun without the dual character. The uniqueness makes this mission memeroable but personally I would rather play a single role.

And....what if they make Thief 4 multiplayer online? .....YUK......:tsktsk

Apparently, the elevator in the mechanist laboratory is also a cloning machine! Have either Garrett or Palmer stand on the elevator on the bottom level (Lets go with Garrett). Switch to palmer and ready to switch back. Press the up button and predict where the platform will be roughly waist height for Garrett and switch back to Garrett. Garrett has now been cloned!

I screenshotted it but I have no idea where those pictures go :/

Screenshots go in the main Thief root folder as bmp files by default.

So is the clone stable? Can you repeat the clone again and again to produce more Garretts?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast