TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Among Two Storms (21/10/2010)

I can already imagine a mission about cloned Garretts.

Fantastic mission Haplo!

Very interesting and unique idea. Well implemented to boot! This is what Dark's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Garrett's your man!. He needs to explore the area early on at the bottom of the first ramp, inside, beyond a trough with sand bags etc. No mistaking the location.

Admire your sense of gallantry with the singing girl but worth checking the shower tray IIRC !. She wont mind.
    I don't understand, I checked the area at the bottom of the first ramp, inside, beyond a trough with sand bags What am I supposed to find there??? I'm not able to get the jug from palmer......

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I don't understand, I checked the area at the bottom of the first ramp, inside, beyond a trough with sand bags What am I supposed to find there??? I'm not able to get the jug from palmer......
    Well, what you are looking for is something pretty obvious once you see it.
    However, you need to explore with G carefully in some noisy machinery area.
    Then figure out how to pass items between characters. Drop item, switch character & pick up.

Can anyone pls pm me the letters part of the vault code?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Apparently, the elevator in the mechanist laboratory is also a cloning machine! Have either Garrett or Palmer stand on the elevator on the bottom level (Lets go with Garrett). Switch to palmer and ready to switch back. Press the up button and predict where the platform will be roughly waist height for Garrett and switch back to Garrett. Garrett has now been cloned!

I screenshotted it but I have no idea where those pictures go :/
    Can't reproduce this.
    Could you blackjack yourself and and post a screenshot as proof, please ?

stuck at beginning

I am stuck between two gates that I cannot open, I see a sleping pagan and two guards.

need a hint please.

thank you
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I am stuck between two gates that I cannot open, I see a sleping pagan and two guards.

need a hint please.

thank you
    Please read the readme !
    You are not alone in this mission.
    Your 'initial character' won't get very far - as you found out already.

Just in case you are running on Vista and see a note tagged to a wall reading like 'NV script not loaded'
    try Yandros' fix : http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133683
    Last edited by gnartsch; 24th Oct 2010 at 14:05.

I have the wax form of the master key but where am I supposed to go to make a working key?

mxleader:

You don't. You will find a copy of the master key. Making the wax impression is an objective in itself.

a little hint please
    I need a hint as to where I can find the readable for the vault combination! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I have the wax form of the master key but where am I supposed to go to make a working key?
    There is no place to do so. You just need it to fulfill the objective.
    And its the copy for Thom's bank deposit box as the letter beside inicates.

Sounds like someone has a sequel in mind ???
    All keys that would be needed can be found in the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by suewan View Post
    a little hint please
    I need a hint as to where I can find the readable for the vault combination! Cheers!
    If I recall correct, it is in Thoms room. The room with the wall safe and where you can look down on the channel.
    But most likely you picked it up already. Check your inventory ! ('Vault code')

Double Garrett :

But when switched to Palmer I can see only one Garrett. When switch back to Garrett the copy reappear again.

Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Double Garrett
    Can you create more then one copy ?
    I think it would be important to know whether this is a case of a real 'split personality' disease or just an ordinary case of schizophrenia.
    Maybe the cure would be different.

Well, it would definitely explain why Haplo manages to release missions so fast.

Okay, please more help
    I have searched high and low Thom's room for the vault clue but can't find anything. I only see a note with regards to a missing guard and the safe key. I can't find the missing guard with his key. I searched high and low for key near fuel as note hinted at that but NOTHING. Any help appreciated. Thanks folks!

Quote Originally Posted by suewan View Post
    Okay, please more help
    I have searched high and low Thom's room for the vault clue but can't find anything. I only see a note with regards to a missing guard and the safe key. I can't find the missing guard with his key. I searched high and low for key near fuel as note hinted at that but NOTHING. Any help appreciated. Thanks folks!
    He got high after sniffing fuel and disappeared. Check the big canal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Apparently, the elevator in the mechanist laboratory is also a cloning machine! Have either Garrett or Palmer stand on the elevator on the bottom level (Lets go with Garrett). Switch to palmer and ready to switch back. Press the up button and predict where the platform will be roughly waist height for Garrett and switch back to Garrett. Garrett has now been cloned!

I screenshotted it but I have no idea where those pictures go :/

What a discovery! Yes, I can reliably reproduce this. And no, I don't know why it is happening.
    When switching between the thieves, the engine is supposed to teleport out the AI representing that character and teleport you to his location. I don't know why the first teleport is not happening in this case. And why it stays broken afterwards.

Finally finished playing on expert! I think this gaming style made the mission more challenging than the traditional way of playing.

gnartsch:
    I think Palmer is the mad one ! Because only he sees the double Garrett. Garrett doesn't !

The only question is now: Palmer=Redface / Garrett=Haplo or vice versa ???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand. There is an infinite supply of water arrows in the big canal. It is never too late to go back anywhere, after the doors are opened with the master key you are free to roam wherever you want with whichever character you want.
    You are so right, and I beg your pardon. On my 3rd try, I saw a few but crucial things I did not catch before. After that, it was a piece of cake! Boy, do I feel STOOPID...

Wonderful mission!

Almost like two missions in one! I hope there is a sequel where Garrett teams up again, perhaps a mansion mission. Very nice job! Thanks Haplo very much.

On the matter of cloning:
    Apparently the clones and the original person's partner are mentally linked If you attack Garrett clone (and you also have palmer in view, say, next to him), both will wince in pain!

On the matter of switching:
    Is it possible to safely land without taking damage by switching out before hitting the floor, and switch back? I haven't found a high enough place to be damaged from a high fall

On the matter of the mission itself:
    Where should I use the speed potion? I can't seem to find a place to use it >.< (for the secret)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Haplo, I just gotta say I couldn't wait and took the time to play this one last night now I have it working through Thief. I only played Normal because I wanted to be able to go back and play the other two and discover the subtle differences you worked in. It was a real treat, made me think but was never frustratingly hard. Thanks for this innovative little gem! Now I wonder, though, if I ever get around to any of my Master Thieves' Competition missions, if I should work them more like this instead of what I had planned? Hmmmm.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast