TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Among Two Storms (21/10/2010)

Thanks for the hint, can you believe I looked there a few times and missed the key entirely? I assumed it was on his body, not behind some rock! Only found four out of six secrets though.

mission compleated,and a very good one it is , had to come in here only once for the vault code clue,, on page 1 ticky is on about a tall place where many sewers meet, i never found it,did anyone else i never used the speed potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    On the matter of cloning:
    I haven't found a high enough place to be damaged from a high fall
    Where should I use the speed potion?
    The answer is the same for both questions: check the channel

After discovering the idea of trading items and equipment between the two heroes the adventure suddenly becomes very attractive and an enjoyable experience.

Still missing 125g loot and one secret. I've found three in 2 different dormitories (while climbing ropes and slashing), one after the big jump, and one behind vines outside. I'd be grateful for a nudge toward the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    After discovering the idea of trading items and equipment between the two heroes the adventure suddenly becomes very attractive and an enjoyable experience.

Still missing 125g loot and one secret. I've found three in 2 different dormitories (while climbing ropes and slashing), one after the big jump, and one behind vines outside. I'd be grateful for a nudge toward the last one.
    In the room at the bottom of the stairs that lead to Thom's room.

Let me know if you need help with the remaining 125g.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    In the room at the bottom of the stairs that lead to Thom's room.

Let me know if you need help with the remaining 125g.
    Thanks a lot, Haplo. Of course, a dry fountain should have been suspicious...i
    Sorry for my poor arithmetics, I thought I was able to add 2 integers without a calculator - but I was obviously wrong. Actually I'm 260g short now, after the sixth secrets and with all doors open.
    Thank to gnartsch I have that "devilish" coin...

Some hard to find loot:

- Below the elevator
    - Under the first plank over the water in the room with two canals and two planks
    - Behind one of the beds in the same area as the candle
    - Just when you enter the room with the big canal, fall down on the ledge below

Some hard to find loot:

- Below the elevator
    - Under the first plank over the water in the room with two canals and two planks
    - Behind one of the beds in the same area as the candle
    - Just when you enter the room with the big canal, fall down on the ledge below
    Thanks again for the hints. I had already had the first and the third item, so with all those coins I'm only 100g short. It's probably just one piece...

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Thanks again for the hints. I had already had the first and the third item, so with all those coins I'm only 100g short. It's probably just one piece...
    Did you look on top of the crossbeams in the room with the three chests, and also the beams above the room next to where the key must be duplicated? Not to mention what is behind the banner in the room where the key must be duplicated..

Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    Did you look on top of the crossbeams in the room with the three chests, and also the beams above the room next to where the key must be duplicated? Not to mention what is behind the banner in the room where the key must be duplicated..
    Yes, I had already found all 6 secrets - thanks to Haplo for the last one - and in the meantime all the loot as well. The last piece I'd overlooked was an underwater purse in the canal, a bit away from the corpse. Thank you very much, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    I'd rather call this gameplay type "Co-op single player" () where one player controls several characters with different strengths, different equipment and/or in different locations that help each other to reach the goals or simply the end of the level. They usually open doors etc., pass equipment and solve other puzzles that a are impossible to do with a single player character.

This type of game is indeed with us since the early 8-bit days. Some of the ones I remember are:
    Suspended
    Interphase
    The Lost Vikings
    and most recently
    The Experiment
    You're forgetting the original co-op singleplayer game - Head over Heels. There was also Mission Omega, which allowed you to build several robots to control and move around while trying to disable the four reactors. (Hmm, I played this game on the Amstrad CPC, but Mobygames doesn't seem to know that it was released on that computer.)

I'd credit this FM to Head Over Heels first and foremest, because it only has two protagonists that have to co-operate. (Unfortunately, nothing happens if you try to have Garret stand on top of Palmer.)

As per in-game instructions, you wanted me to post what I thought of this FM. While I do not think that this mission deserves the praise of "FM of 2010", it most certainly is one of the more interesting FMs released in quite some time, is highly enjoyable and most defnitely one of the "Must play" FMs ever made for Thief 2. It's also the only FM I've played where I solved the combination puzzle within 2 minutes of finding the clue - and this while playing on Expert.

I'd love to see more usage of this "co-op singleplayer" gameplay. I wonder if you could have the AI teleport into a smaller critter, say a rat or a spider?

It would be nice to see more FMs of this kind, although I guess they're very tricky to make. Maybe if enough people were interested we could get Haplo to share the "tech"

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I'd love to see more usage of this "co-op singleplayer" gameplay. I wonder if you could have the AI teleport into a smaller critter, say a rat or a spider?
    That is a very interesting idea, however scaling Garrett is deemed to be impossible. If you ever find a way, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    It would be nice to see more FMs of this kind, although I guess they're very tricky to make. Maybe if enough people were interested we could get Haplo to share the "tech"
    Sure. I have already shared some of the high level concepts with the DarkMod guys. Whoever is interested to see how the two-player mode was done just drop me a PM. Or should I just start a thread and explain it I wonder?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Or should I just start a thread and explain it I wonder?
    Yes, I think you should post a quick explanation/tut in TEG for posterity.

Sweet! can't wait to play. Thanks Haplo!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Yes, I think you should post a quick explanation/tut in TEG for posterity.
    I just posted a tutorial here.

I really enjoyed this mission (on expert).

I managed to figure out the rope arrow swap and from there most of the other swaps.

I overlooked the master key, easily done. BTW, the answer to the vault code puzzle can be found by simply Googling the clue!

There are two ladders in the underground area, one behind a grill, and one accessible but with a closed manhole cover at the top. Do those go anywhere?

Fantastic!!

Haplo you are a Fan Mission Making God!! Thank You, the switching between characters was awesome!! I hope to see more in the NEAR future.

Haplo, another wonderful mission. I loved the Palmer/Garrett switch and also the way you manage to make the AI move naturally. The woman in the shower is a case in point as were the party-goers in the "trance lounge".
    Thanks for all these fms and I'm greedy enough to hope for many more

P.S. Dummy whacked

I'm here just to say I finished the mission (on expert) and liked it very much. Good idea, excellent realisation. All puzzles are logical and can be solved without hours of frustration. Cooperation between two characters doesn't look any artifical. Well done, Ali, thanks!
    (As you couldn't solve 'sound problem' - loot sound when switching from one person to another - I have an idea. Maybe these sounds can be 'hidden' by adding some SPECIAL loud switching sound. All other possible solutions seem too complex and don't worth.)

I had to wait way too long to play this mission being as I was away from my home computer for a week, but this mission was worth the wait and then some. F***IN. AWESOME. Every time that I think FMs are running low on ideas, Haplo releases a mission and completely proves me wrong!

My cameo appearance was everything I was hoping it would be. Not only am I spanish for some reason (I assume it's all that Latin flavor I show off in my reviews) and apparently addicted to eating hallucinogenic worms, but I'm also dead in a sewer somewhere! How can one man be so many things?! Seriously man, that made my day- freaking hilarious!

Also I'm stuck right at the end:
    All I have to do is make the wax key impression. I have the melted candle cooking in the skillet but I can't remove it, no matter how many times I shoot it with a water arrow to cool it down. Am I doing something wrong?

Cool man! I'm glad you liked meeting your Spanish self!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    All I have to do is make the wax key impression. I have the melted candle cooking in the skillet but I can't remove it, no matter how many times I shoot it with a water arrow to cool it down. Am I doing something wrong?
    A water arrow should do it. After shooting the skillet (not the stove) with the water arrow, you are given five seconds to remove the wax, after which the wax becomes too hot again.
    If all fails, send me your save game and I will investigate.

Haplo, you should write in the read me that NVScript is necessary to play this FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Haplo, you should write in the read me that NVScript is necessary to play this FM.
    The script is included in the archive, and it is called NVS.OSM. Therefore the player does not have to make any effort to prepare the script for the mission. If yours isn't working, check this thread out: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133683

I'm at 5 out of 6 secrets and I guess the last one is about the cheese that people is talking about around here. Any hints about it?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast