TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Among Two Storms (21/10/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Thanks Sag, but I don't have a clue. I checked my inventory and can't find anything to use.

What's this about cheese? I think I ate it. Always thinking of my stomach when I lose a couple of health points. I can go back to an earlier save.
    Do you mean the room across the big canal, under the archer? If so, shoot a rope arrow prior to taking the jump.

I never thought of that! I mantled it.

Got all the main objectives, 5 secrets but cant access the mysterious place in the big canal, under the ex-active-archer . I can jump onto the ledge under the entrance using speed potion but dont know how to mantle it. No option to shoot arrow in the bricks. Maybe the grating below opens somehow? What surface or thing r u takin about to shoot?
    I guess one crate on me would solve the problem but there arent any to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JacekA View Post
    Got all the main objectives, 5 secrets but cant access the mysterious place in the big canal, under the ex-active-archer . I can jump onto the ledge under the entrance using speed potion but dont know how to mantle it. No option to shoot arrow in the bricks. Maybe the grating below opens somehow? What surface or thing r u takin about to shoot?
    I guess one crate on me would solve the problem but there arent any to pick.
    You shoot a rope arrow to the section under where the archer was standing.

WOW! Outstanding mission! Very innovative and LOADS of fun - thanks so much! Please . . . Make . . . More!!

Well,

I must be missing something obvious!

I cant seem to go anywhere with Garrett in the very beginning!

I got thru the bar with Palmer but Garrett is trapped in a short allyway outside
    with nothing frobable to provide egress and I dont see anyplace to put a rope arrow!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 5th Apr 2011 at 05:36.
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

You need to get Palmer to open the main gate. There's a switch by the small gate between Palmer and Garrett.

Thanx Nickie!

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You need to get Palmer to open the main gate. There's a switch by the small gate between Palmer and Garrett.
    Yeah - I went back to Palmer and I found it!

Seems I need glasses no matter who I am playing as! lol
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

This is an outstanding mission. I would like to see more FMs do something like this. It made me use my noodle in a different way than I am used to in a FM.

Ok, it's impossible to find anything in this thread without clicking on every spoiler... So I'll ask the question openly, then put details in the spoiler...

How do I give away lockpicks? They don't drop. Or am I missing something?

The thing is -- Palmer is in the barracks near the kitchen. Two of three chests there are locked. Guys sleeping there had no keys. ALSO, there is a purse on the beams intersection, but it is unfrobbable.

You can't share the lockpicks. However the contents of those chests are not essential at this stage. You will get to open them later. For now concentrate on getting both thieves together.
    The purse can be frobbed but you have to very close to it. Try to place the rope arrow as near as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    You can't share the lockpicks. However the contents of those chests are not essential at this stage. You will get to open them later. For now concentrate on getting both thieves together.
    The purse can be frobbed but you have to very close to it. Try to place the rope arrow as near as possible.
    O.o

I know they aren't essential because I finished the mission before I wrote this message, and was just mopping up. I am still 210 loot short, though.
    Finally managed to grab the damn purse, but had to shoot at weird angle so that arrowhead doesn't get focus instead of the purse.
    What do you mean by getting both thieves together? I had them meet and share stuff several times already, then they kinda join (all equipment goes together including loot and both Garrett's and Palmer's compasses, though when I finish the mission, though it's too brief to do anything).

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseshireCat View Post
    O.o

I know they aren't essential because I finished the mission before I wrote this message, and was just mopping up. I am still 210 loot short, though.
    Finally managed to grab the damn purse, but had to shoot at weird angle so that arrowhead doesn't get focus instead of the purse.
    What do you mean by getting both thieves together? I had them meet and share stuff several times already, then they kinda join (all equipment goes together including loot and both Garrett's and Palmer's compasses, though when I finish the mission, though it's too brief to do anything).
    Towards the end you will find a key that will open the gate which is located next to the low tunnel that Garrett has to crawl in and throw the lever for Palmer. After opening this gate both Garrett and Palmer will be free to go wherever they want.
    By the way, there is also an easter egg/bonus objective.

Towards the end you will find a key that will open the gate which is located next to the low tunnel that Garrett has to crawl in and throw the lever for Palmer. After opening this gate both Garrett and Palmer will be free to go wherever they want.
    By the way, there is also an easter egg/bonus objective.
    I nabbed all the secrets, ayaya. I totally missed the key, though... And now that I have it, I opened those chests, but am still 160 loot short.

Hi Haplo, I've played your mission two weeks ago and I like it very much. At first it was a bit strange but then it was fun and interesting playing two thiefs. Switching between both and helping each other.

Basso

Thanks Basso, I'm glad you enjoyed the mission.

@CheeseshireCat: There is a purse worth 100 next to the dead thief in the big canal, there are a few coins worth 60 under a plank in the sewers area.

Thanks Basso, I'm glad you enjoyed the mission.

@CheeseshireCat: There is a purse worth 100 next to the dead thief in the big canal, there are a few coins worth 60 under a plank in the sewers area.
    You mean Mike's purse? Grabbed it long ago... Those coins, though, netted 80, not 60, so I am now another 80 short.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseshireCat View Post
    You mean Mike's purse? Grabbed it long ago... Those coins, though, netted 80, not 60, so I am now another 80 short.
    Right, 80, not 60. It has been almost a year since this mission was released.
    In this case you are missing the four coins on the ledge in the big canal. As you enter the area crouch forward until you fall down on the ledge below.

Right, 80, not 60. It has been almost a year since this mission was released.
    In this case you are missing the four coins on the ledge in the big canal. As you enter the area crouch forward until you fall down on the ledge below.
    Ok, thanks, that does it

Awesome mission. Definitely one of the best.

Reminds of a few others, I can vaguely think of at least four which could have been pretty fun this way.

Left me wondering if a "different classes" kind of a co-op mission could be done, where you don't have to separate these folks most of the time. Though I am not sure if mobility and AI reactions can be different for different characters. Like... Say, animals being hostile to one but neutral to the other...

Ali,

Awesome co-op mission!

Missing 1000 loot but as for now one of the best 2011 FM's for me.

Thank You.

As usual, thanks guys for the kind words. It is really nice to see people enjoying your creations, and it makes up for all the long hours of fighting with DromEd.

CheeseshireCat's ideas is quite interesting, even if a bit complicated to implement. I'll think about it.

Garrett cloned !!

As per one of the posts above.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 2nd Oct 2011 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Garrett cloned !!

As per one of the posts above.
    I still don't fully understand why this happens!

It was a stroke of genius, amazing mission.

Was captivated from start to finish which is really seldom in my case with Thief FMs. Coop really adds a lot to already well-known gameplay mechanics and makes it more interesting, and I love puzzles. One of my favourites now (and that is quite a small number).

PS: Why thiefmissions doesn't have this FM? It's a must have and play.
    Last edited by 242; 30th Mar 2012 at 15:08.

Fen started a let's play on this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgtDIDxrcr4

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast